Will Any Gay Marriage Opponents Here Admit to Gay Tendency?

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:44 pm
I know some of the club-scene kids that I've employed as telemarketers would agree with your hip to be bi revelation, but again, that's here is Palm Beach... transient city a million people strong... and even here I can't believe they're representative of a majority. That is not Wisconsin let alone the Bible belt. Ya'll may have confused my Ft. Lauderdale statement as saying not gay... I wasn't. Not gay-er would be more accurate. Black, Cuban, Gay etc. mixture is a fact of life in all of South Florida at any cool spot... and I think it would be an error to try and unseat Miami as the epicenter for South Florida's cultural explosion. South Beach is a Miami Beach, btw, not Ft. Lauderdale... but South Miami to roughly to a bit North of Palm Beach is an intermingling 75 mile stretch of sprawled out city with several million people from all over the United States and the world. Not New York, of course, but certainly a top 10 local for cultural diversity… and it is likely the most transient place in the country.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 04:28 pm
I have family in So Fla and visit often, it is not exactly the most liberal place in the world especially in regard to gay issues. The Cuban culture is among the most homophobic there is. Attitudes are changing, better get used to it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:58 pm
See? "Better get used to it". There it is in all its glory.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 08:03 pm
There was an article about fraternities in the NYT mag a couple of weeks ago. It was written by a guy who came out when he was in a frat. He went around interviewing guys who assumed he was straight -- that wasn't the point of the article and he didn't bring it up -- and one time was observing while a bunch of frat boys were watching TV, and there was a gay (male-male) kiss. One of the frat boys got up and left in disgust. The others said things to him like, "Oh come on, grow up!"

I thought that was fantastic. It wasn't for any audience, they didn't know the reporter was gay, they just thought it was dumb for an adult to get all upset about two men kissing.

(I guess that's proof to georgeob1 that I'm harboring lesbian tendencies...)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 08:05 pm
I don't want to see two men kissing on my TV. I like my TV too much, and don't want to kill it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 08:08 pm
Quote:
The current Phi Delts at Northwestern don't have an openly gay member and also like to throw the words ''gay'' and ''fag'' around a lot (they assumed I was straight), but I'm not convinced the words actually mean much to them. I watched in surprise as two brothers who only hours earlier jokingly labeled Lodge members as ''a bunch of pretty-boy fags from Long Island'' ridiculed a freshman who walked out of a room when he saw two guys kissing on television. ''Dude, what are you, homophobic or something?'' one brother asked him. ''Grow up, man.''

http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?threadid=61585

What the dudes said. (But to each his own, what you do in the privacy of your own home that doesn't hurt anyone else is your business, wouldn't want anyone making laws about it. Ahem.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 08:15 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I don't want to see two men kissing on my TV. I like my TV too much, and don't want to kill it.

Why would two men want to kiss your TV?

Weird....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
Well if you put it that way...

I have a really, really nice HDTV.

Guys walk in my house and want to marry it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 08:23 pm
Now THAT is a perversion worth banning.....lol...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:03 pm
I'm no fan of watching dudes kiss... but I do believe there is something to the theory those who over-react may be hiding something or in denial. I live to harass homophobes with taunts of being gay myself. I think it's one of life's little pleasures. For an experiment, and I've done this to at least a hundred people; accuse everyone you know of lying one day. You'll notice that many people don't care for it, but the only ones who'll get really bent out of shape (like leave the room in disgust bent) will be the liars. Idea
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
That has been proven so many times in psychological studies. A heterosexual male who is genuinely ambivalent and has a healthly attutude towards homosexuality just makes them more of a psychologically healthy heterosexual. It's like my nephew who has gone into gay bars with friends intentionally or by accident in Long Beach, CA -- if he's approached, he just says, "I'm flattered but I don't go that way."

Live and let live.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:25 pm
Are we to believe that every man who claims to be repulsed by the image of two men copulating is, in fact, secretly desiring to copulate with a man?

This is as silly a generalization as one that contends all homosexual men are pedophiles.

It is the equivalent of a child's retort: "I know you are but what am I?"
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:32 pm
Keep telling yourself that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:54 pm
Listening here.

It's off topic, I beg pardon, but want to mention to Lightwizard that I bet we had the same psych I teacher... was it Alan Parducci?

On present day teens, I only know my niece is cool with classmates being gay, lesbian, bi, hetero... but she lives in California.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:00 pm
You're a perceptive guy, Finn. If you know enough potential closet gays; try my liar experiment only substituting homosexual innuendo and see how many of your lie detectors an overreaction sets off… I think you might be surprised.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:05 am
The image of someone's parents copulating usually is repulsive but I don't know if that would mean one has a desire to copulate with either of them.

I don't believe it's brought up in polite conversation. It's not just two men copulating but even two men kissing being repulsive to some. I guess these people avoid HBO and Showtime.
Just how does it come up? Oh, but that is the quesiton, isn't it?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:12 am
ossobuco wrote:
Listening here.

It's off topic, I beg pardon, but want to mention to Lightwizard that I bet we had the same psych I teacher... was it Alan Parducci?

On present day teens, I only know my niece is cool with classmates being gay, lesbian, bi, hetero... but she lives in California.

No, not Alan Parducci, but college psyche professors always teach that we all have feminine and masculine traits based on our wiring, or geneology if you will. One of those traits is whatsex turns one on. In bi-sexuals, they find both sexes can arowse them. So where's the choice there when one isn't intellectually making a choice? Our emotions are curious anomolies sometimes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:03 am
I mentioned it because we went to the same school, if not quite at the same time. I assume Psych IA teachers taught similarly, then, anyway.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
I didn't take Psych IA at UCLA but at East Los Angeles Junior College (who, BTW, had a really excellent art department including an art gallery from donations from Vincent Price).
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:21 am
Why do you give this dispicable topic online credence?
0 Replies