Will Any Gay Marriage Opponents Here Admit to Gay Tendency?

cjhsa

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
Chrissee wrote:
In fact, it is almost uncool to be straight now.

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read in my life. Talk about pushing the gay agenda on our youth. ****.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:57 am
Yeah Chrisee have to agree with these two...but, I have to add...this is a great thread...kudos.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:59 am
OOPS! cj got in the line of fire...yuk yuk
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:10 am
I think that slipped out and should have read "it's uncool to be homophobic." Other cities around the world include Amsterdam and Berlin which have a very high gay tolerance. I am personally opposed to public displays of lust that go over the edge. However, explaining homosexuality to one's kids should be on the agenda with explaining sex period. As to what age is up to the parents. It was discussed in my first year of junior college in the Psych I class. The one's who were very curious to learn more were the ladies, not the men. Woman are less inclined to be homophobic even though I don't like the stereotype of the fag hag, it's really exists.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:12 am
(I believe now it's discussed in high school classes at the 5th or 6th grade in many communities). As to parents, I learned about sex in the schoolyard and in high school biology before my parents worked up the nerve to say anything.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:28 am
Ft Lauderdale isn't any gayer than other magnets for transients in Florida, LW, but Key West is a gay-haven if you ever saw one!

Lightwizard wrote:
(I believe now it's discussed in high school classes at the 5th or 6th grade in many communities). As to parents, I learned about sex in the schoolyard and in high school biology before my parents worked up the nerve to say anything.
I learned about sex from friends before my parents got up the nerve too, but agree with you completely that parents should decide when it's appropriate to teach about sex and that that's the appropriate time to explain the different preferences as well.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:36 am
Tourists are transients in Florida?

One of my friends who lives in Ft. Lauderdale told me that gays are very well accepted and the rainbow flag can be seen flying out in front of homes on his block. I guess South Beach where they filmed "The Birdcage" is predominantly gay but there are still a lot of straight night clubs there. He also said that African Americans and Cubans live there and intermingle with the gay population as well as any other minority.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:43 am
Having lived in S Beach for short periods I can attest to the amalgamation that has ocurred. It is a wonderful place to hang out.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:48 am
And that was the beach where they filmed "Where the Boys Are." Little did they know what the connotation of the movie title would be in the future. My friend lived on the river for several years where George Hamilton's yacht motors down in the movie.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:55 am
Most of you do not have the opportunity to talk to young people on a personal level like I do. Believe me, lesbianism especially is consider4ed cool, and again, it is almost uncool to be straight/
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:58 am
Wilton Manors, a community in greater Ft. Lauderdale is very gay
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:02 pm
Quote:
Also Chrissee, I agree with you that many, many men would lie about having homosexual thoughts or experiences but that doesn't justify implying any that don't here are lying about it. It may well be that those that have are choosing not to respond. Assuming otherwise with such a limited number of respondents only demonstrates your own predisposition.

Faulty assumption, OB. Although we do not know whether any of those here who claim no gay tendencies are lying, we can safely assume that anyone admitting it will be telling the truth. Again, I will making a point later in the thread that will tie this all together.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:10 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
OB is right here -- tolerance in many demographies of the world, not just the USA, is not going to be nearly the example of the city by the bay. There are similar communities like Laguna Beach, CA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL., West Hollywood, CA, that one could say gays live together pretty much in harmony with heteroes but those are not the norm.

60 Minutes did a piece about thge Echo Boomers, they are much more tolerant than others who preceded them. I also have talked to kids in conservative areas and they seem to be very tolerant. I think the attitudes I described would be found in most urban areas.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:15 pm
I have long suspected that many gay rights activists are merely acting out their latent heterosexual tendencies.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:28 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
I have long suspected that many gay rights activists are merely acting out their latent heterosexual tendencies.

Is this supposed to make any sense?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:37 pm
Quote:
Is this supposed to make any sense?

Absolutely. We were just recently discussing "homosexual panic" on another thread. If I can find a link, I will post it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:38 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
OB is right here -- tolerance in many demographies of the world, not just the USA, is not going to be nearly the example of the city by the bay. There are similar communities like Laguna Beach, CA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL., West Hollywood, CA, that one could say gays live together pretty much in harmony with heteroes but those are not the norm.

60 Minutes did a piece about thge Echo Boomers, they are much more tolerant than others who preceded them. I also have talked to kids in conservative areas and they seem to be very tolerant. I think the attitudes I described would be found in most urban areas.

Maybe lesbianism is considered cool, but I can guarantee you that boys in high school who are effeminate or thought to be gay are getting picked on and beaten up at this very moment.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:39 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1131468#1131468
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:45 pm
I believe you Chrissee but in S Florida I would amend that to: the tolerance of lesbianism is considered cool.
I know cultural changes start on the West Coast but it'll be a long long time til it'll be uncool to be straight in ....Okachobee
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:55 pm
panzade wrote:
I believe you Chrissee but in S Florida I would amend that to: the tolerance of lesbianism is considered cool.
I know cultural changes start on the West Coast but it'll be a long long time til it'll be uncool to be straight in ....Okachobee

I think you are probably right.
0 Replies