Will Any Gay Marriage Opponents Here Admit to Gay Tendency?

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:14 pm
The fleeting thought of that possibility has kept me honest for all of my life! Laughing
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:19 pm
cjhsa wrote:
You live in the city, you must see and read the same things I'm seeing and reading, and probably much more concerning your lifestyle choice since that interests you.

People aren't just gay or lesbian anymore, they're biker lez, or skate punk lez, or lipstick lez, grunge lez, club lez... They go to great lengths to pigeonhole themselves. You know I'm not making this up.

No, we go to great lengths to find sexual compatibility but that doesn't define us. One day, I might be post-hippie cowgirl lipstick lesbian but the next day if I meet a guy who looks like Johny Depp, I am back to little miss straight girl. Laughing

cjhsa, why are you surfing the woman-to-woman personals?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:20 pm
Huh? That info was from an article in the SF Chronicle.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:21 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Huh? That info was from an article in the SF Chronicle.

I missed it, do you have a link?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:23 pm
No, it was a while back too. Sorry. I wasn't quoting from it anyway, just recollection.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:51 pm
Chrissee wrote:
OCCOM BILL, in all due respect, your post(s) show an incredible lack of understanding and knowledge of human sexuality, there are an AWFUL LOT of men and women who are bi-sexual. And to widely varying degreees. Despite the denials, the exceptional cases are the complete homo-sexual and complete hetereo-sexual. Most people have some tendenecy to at least experiment or at least fantasize about experimenting with the same sex. (See Kinsey's scale)
I don't claim to be an expert, Chrissee. I don't know where you got the idea that I don't know there are lots of Gay and Bi people out there either. I do know that the majority of women I've discussed it with have had homosexual thoughts... and I tend to doubt the denial of some who said they didn't. Dudes I know don't discuss this stuff much and I'd be less likely to accept denial from a dude as gospel myself, and can honestly say I have no idea what percentage might be how gay. Since it is a closet condition for so many, how could I?

Chrissee wrote:
So the people you say make a "choice" are bi-sexual. To me, it is hard to understand how anyone could be 100% gay or 100% straight. BTW at one time, thanks to the guilt and reperession thrust upon me by the catholic church, I was in denial about my sexuality so I know where a lot of ou are coming from, the mere fact that we can't find a single person who opposes gay marriage to admit to the very normal, natural inclination of having a fleeting gay inclination speaks volumes.
That's as dizzy and preconceived as it was last time you said it. The response is still entirely too limited for you to draw any meaningful conclusion whatsoever. While I believe you can't imagine how anyone could be 100% gay or 100% straight; I can't imagine how anyone, male or female, could look at a guys hairy a$$ and become aroused. Really, I can't. Homosexual women make sense to me, because woman are soft, caring and beautiful. Homosexual men don't make sense to me, because, they aren't. Now I've thought about this at some length and determined that this seeming hypocrisy isn't because I'm a chauvinist or a bigot or because I'm selfish... it's simply because I'm straight. Now that may not make any sense to you; but that's not because you've drunk from the fountain of knowledgeÂ… I assure you. Frankly, you seem to be more closed minded on this subject than most of the people who've responded. Even with my limited knowledge of gays I can comfortably tell you that you don't speak for all homosexuals... and they don't all agree with your theories.

Chrissee wrote:
One day, people will look at us and laugh about how we were so hung up on worrying about who mated whom and what people did in the privacy of their bedromm and even labeling people at all. Humans cannot be labeled sexually, each individual is unique as to his or her sexual desires, inclinations and practices.
That day is today for lots of us. I promise you I couldn't give a rat's a$$ what goes on in the bedroom between consenting adults... but, gay or straight... I don't want to hear about it.

Chrissee wrote:
So that is what we need to do, stop labeling people straight, gay, bi, whatever, just accept that everyone is an individual and respect that.
This I think is silly. People need to get over the labels. It's getting so if I point to my friend and say he's the big black dude over there, some people think I've said something wrong. Same thing if I'm meeting a friend at a club and wish to be informed of his arrival, and say he's the biggest Asian you've ever seen... Or if I say get that little gay dude over there a drink (yes, you can tell from here with him)....

Some people get so bent out of shape trying not to label people they forget that our differences are part of our identity.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:11 pm
Chrissee has put herself in the odd position of arguing for rights for homosexuals who are merely acting as nature has made them, and then in the next breath asserting that most are bisexual and able to go either way as a matter of choice. Which is it?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:40 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Chrissee has put herself in the odd position of arguing for rights for homosexuals who are merely acting as nature has made them, and then in the next breath asserting that most are bisexual and able to go either way as a matter of choice. Which is it?

I never said that. The estimate is that the homosexual population is around 10%. There are a lot more people of varying degeress of bi-sexuality than that. Nothing is black and white.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:50 pm
I am 100% straight (not bi in the least), but that does not change the fact that a woman's body can be incredibly beautiful and sexy, regardless of who does the looking.

A woman's soft smooth skin is sexy. Period. A woman's breasts were the first thing that gave all of us so much pleasure and comfort when we first came into this world, and to which we were all, (men AND women) drawn instinctively ... is sexy. Period. A woman's body is just an erotic work of art, no matter which way you look at it. And I feel very lucky to be one.

So, no, a heterosexual woman does NOT need to fantasize about having sex with a woman in order to get pleasure from looking at her body. When I look at a man that I find appealing, then I might fantasize. But when I look at a gorgeous woman, I just enjoy appreciating her body for its soft eroticism and feminine beauty; there is no fantasizing involved at all.

TOTALLY straight, here! :wink:
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:54 pm
OB, 900 page views now, since over 50% oppose gay marrigae, that is now 450 people who refuse to admit even the slightest gay inclination. That is statistically almost impossible. You personally might be in the minority of people who is 100% hetereo-sexual. OTOH, you might feel the way you do because of repression.

Again, every person alive is a unique sexual being. BTW I don't feel like I am a homosexual, I am a bi-sexual with a strong leaning towrds women. I don't like hairy guys either but you know not all guys are hairy, so maybe you just haven't met the right man. Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:59 pm
Views are total time the thread has been viewed, not how many people have viewed it -- so 90 people viewing it 10 times each would yield that number.

george, haven't we had the Kinsey scale go-round already? Zero is totally straight, six is totally gay, three could go either way equally. So everyone's at some point on the spectrum -- and no contradiction with the spectrum being based on biological factors.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:59 pm
Chrissee wrote:

I never said that. The estimate is that the homosexual population is around 10%. There are a lot more people of varying degeress of bi-sexuality than that. Nothing is black and white.

"The estimate" is a canard put forward by the gay rights movement. Most serious studies put the mumber at about 1/10th that figure.

The common argument for gay rights is that the behavior is innate, not a matter of choice. If it is indeed a matter of choice then there in no argiment against regulating it.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:01 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
I am 100% straight (not bi in the least), but that does not change the fact that a woman's body can be incredibly beautiful and sexy, regardless of who does the looking.

Funny how almost everyone who posts on forums claims to be 100% straight but when I meet and talk to women in real life, I have yet to meet one (out of hundreds) who denied that given the right circumstance, she would become intimate with a women. Most straight-leaning women would at least paticipate passively.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:04 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

"The estimate" is a canard put forward by the gay rights movement. Most serious studies put the mumber at about 1/10th that figure.

The common argument for gay rights is that the behavior is innate, not a matter of choice. If it is indeed a matter of choice then there in no argiment against regulating it.

Link please.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:06 pm
"If it is indeed a matter of choice then there in no argiment against regulating it. "

Huh???

Please justify that!!!

Love to see you do it.

Whether I eat chicken or fish, or am vegetarian is a matter of choice.

You gonna regulate that, too?

You wanna keep anti-oral sex laws?

Bring back anti black/white marriage laws?

Jus because something is a choice, does not mean it should be regulated - except for puposes of greater good. Which is why it is illegal for gays and straights to abuse kids. What other regulation can ou justify?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:07 pm
sozobe wrote:
Views are total time the thread has been viewed, not how many people have viewed it -- so 90 people viewing it 10 times each would yield that number.

george, haven't we had the Kinsey scale go-round already? Zero is totally straight, six is totally gay, three could go either way equally. So everyone's at some point on the spectrum -- and no contradiction with the spectrum being based on biological factors.

You are right BUT at least 900 people have read the thread question without clicking on the thread.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:07 pm
Chrissee wrote:

Funny how almost everyone who posts on forums claims to be 100% straight but when I meet and talk to women in real life, I have yet to meet one (out of hundreds) who denied that given the right circumstance, she would become intimate with a women. Most straight-leaning women would at least paticipate passively.

I'm not "most" women, I reckon. Smile Key word here is MOST. To each his own. Someone that is bi or gay does not bother me. Nor would I judge them. I am just simply stating that I am straight.

I can be very sexual. Just not with a woman.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:09 pm
Are you coming to San Francisco anytime soon, we could discuss this. :wink:
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:10 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Are you coming to San Francisco anytime soon, we could discuss this. :wink:

I'm sure your thinking that you could prove me wrong. You'd lose. :wink:
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:12 pm
sozobe wrote:
..... haven't we had the Kinsey scale go-round already? Zero is totally straight, six is totally gay, three could go either way equally. So everyone's at some point on the spectrum -- and no contradiction with the spectrum being based on biological factors.

I'm not aware of any 'go round'. Scales such as this are entirely arbitrary and do not in themselves comvey any factual information about anything. Indeed this one merely begs the question by postulating that everyone falls somewhere on a supposedly continuous spectrum.

The fact is that the degree to which homosexual behavior is innate and the degree to which it is voluntary are not known, It appears likely that at least some of it is very strongly influenced by nature and that much of it is voluntary. How much we don't know,

To the degree that it is voluntary, that is a matter of choice, then it is not deserving of any special right or protection by government, notwithstanding the demand of activists who insist that the behavior is 100% innate and that government has no right to limit it.
0 Replies