If countries voted for US President, results are.....

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:37 am
>>> Bush vs Kerry: results if countries voted <<<
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,917 • Replies: 72
No top replies

graffiti

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 06:15 am
Would you like a one-world government or does your post only apply when you don't like the results of a USA election?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 07:35 am
"If countries voted for US President, results are....."

Irrelevant.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 09:13 am
Graffiti,

It is the Bush supporters who want a one world government.
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 04:22 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Graffiti,

True
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:21 am
chris56789 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Graffiti,

True

The fact is that ebrown_p's post and chris56789's affirmation of same are off the point.

As a matter of fact, what exactly was your point, chris56789?

It seems to me that fishin' got it right.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 02:11 pm
It was a joke graffiti, just a joke. I thought it was pretty funny, but if you don't get it, just leave it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 02:18 pm
If we want the rest of the world's opinion, we'll give it to them. :wink:
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
If we want the rest of the world's opinion, we'll give it to them. :wink:

Word! :wink:
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 04:45 am
graffiti wrote:
chris56789 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Graffiti,

True

The fact is that ebrown_p's post and chris56789's affirmation of same are off the point.

As a matter of fact, what exactly was your point, chris56789?

It seems to me that fishin' got it right.

The world wanted Kerry as prez because he was going to leave them alone or work with them, while Bush wants a "one world" government, where the world is like our government. Whether you like our government or not, other countries don't want to be coaxed into being like us. "You are for us or against us" was a very creepy statement by Bush.

And about other countries being a threat to us is bs, because we got enough nukes to blow everyone else up 100 times over. It's like Saddam or any other leader trying to pick a fight with Mike Tyson. They can threaten him, but it would be absolutely insane for them to actually try to get in a fight with him.

Terrorism is a battle that can never be won, cause terrorist can always move to another country. That's like trying to kill every cockroach, their will always be one around even when we're all dead and gone a million years from now. To take away our rights for something that will never end is sick. That means we've already lost. Patriot act was the most sickest thing ever to damage our constituional rights.

Our forefathers that wrote the constituion, that enables you, me, everyone in the usa, even Bush, to be free and able to live in liberty, are turning in their graves right now.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:07 am
chris56789 wrote:
Our forefathers that wrote the constituion, that enables you, me, everyone in the usa, even Bush, to be free and able to live in liberty, are turning in their graves right now.

Source, please, as to our forefathers turning in their graves right now. Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:14 am
One of the really sad parts about all this is the absolute blindness on the part of American conservatives to the implications of that map!

For eight years we had to listen to American conservatives spewing forth their bullshit about how Bill Clinton was causing us to lose prestige throughout the world because of his penchant for getting his dick sucked in the Oval Office and then trying to keep it secret.

But during Bill Clinton's tenure...our popularity around the world was just fine. When polls were taken back then...most showed that there was almost no negative feelings that accrued to America because of all that nonsense.

Yet the conservatives hammered and hammered at the "cost to our prestige" issue...and made it seem like this was something that was very, very imporant to them in rating a presidency.

But now...with Bush...suddenly that is no longer an issue...or it is a minor one.

What a bunch of abject hypocrisy!

That map says a lot more about the world than how it would have voted on the Bush/Kerry question.

It tells us a lot about how the world views us. It tells us a lot about their opinion of us.

Of course, now that it is Bush rather than Clinton in the Oval Office...the conservatives pretty much tell us they could not care less what others think.

AMERICAN CONSERVATIVES.

They've been wrong on every major issue this country has ever faced...and they are wrong now.

The fact that they are a majority in our country is something we will have to live down!
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:21 am
Frank, I'm not a fan of either Clinton or Bush. I'm betting you realize that although Clinton may call himself a Democrat, he is no liberal.

Do you believe that because the majority of the world would have voted for Kerry, that means Kerry would have been good for the USA? Or do you simply believe that you would have preferred Kerry to Bush?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:30 am
graffiti wrote:
Frank, I'm not a fan of either Clinton or Bush. I'm betting you realize that although Clinton may call himself a Democrat, he is no liberal.

Yes...Clinton was not a liberal.

I am not a liberal either.

I think some liberal ideas are positively stupid...although "naive" might be a better characterization.

But I think American conservative ideas are, for the most part, positively loathsome.

But whether Clinton was a liberal or not...has nothing to do with what I wrote earlier...so I am wondering what your point was with this comment.

Quote:
Do you believe that because the majority of the world would have voted for Kerry, that means Kerry would have been good for the USA?

It is my opinion that Kerry would have been A HUGE IMPROVEMENT over George Bush and company...and I want to make perfectly clear that in no way is that comment an enthusiastic endorsement of John Kerry.

George Bush is, in my opinion, the WORST president we have ever had...and the damage he is doing to our country and the world will live long after he has left office. I see generations passing before we get out from under the mess this pathetic excuse for a president is causing both for us...and the world.

Quote:
Or do you simply believe that you would have preferred Kerry to Bush?

I think by now, you understand the depth of my disdain for George Bush and his polices, Graffiti.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:34 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
But whether Clinton was a liberal or not...has nothing to do with what I wrote earlier...so I am wondering what your point was with this comment, Graffiti.

I mentioned that because so many people on this forum seem to believe Clinton was a liberal and because you placed so much emphasis on, to quote you directly: "AMERICAN CONSERVATIVES."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:44 am
graffiti wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
But whether Clinton was a liberal or not...has nothing to do with what I wrote earlier...so I am wondering what your point was with this comment, Graffiti.

I mentioned that because so many people on this forum seem to believe Clinton was a liberal and because you placed so much emphasis on, to quote you directly: "AMERICAN CONSERVATIVES."

I understand that.

But one does not have to be a liberal to have liked Bill Clinton...or to think that American conservatives were way out of line in dealing with him.

One does not have to be an liberal to see American conservatism for the sludge that it is.

One does not have to be a liberal to see American conservatism as being incredibly hypocritical on this particular issue.

Mind you, Graffite...I am not personally attacking you.

My mother and father...both of whom died during this last decade...were both dedicated conservatives...and I loved them both. Both of my brothers and damn near all of my cousins are conservatives...and I love them all. I am a white, male of a certain age....and I play golf 5 days a week mostly with other white males of a similar age...

...and damn near every one of them describe themselves as conservatives. (It is a disease that afflicts lots of white, males!) And I love most of them (except for the ones who regularly beat me and take my money in Nassaus)

So... :wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:50 am
fishin' wrote:

Irrelevant.

hi rightwing guy

Relevance, or not...but to what?

If to who ends up sitting in the White House, that's not relevant. If to who is 'right' or 'wrong', same.

If to the US getting help, cooperation and goodwill where the US might need or benefit from such, sure this is relevant.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:51 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
But one does not have to be a liberal to have liked Bill Clinton...or to think that American conservatives were way out of line in dealing with him.

One does not have to be an liberal to see American conservatism for the sludge that it is.

One does not have to be a liberal to see American conservatism as being incredibly hypocritical on this particular issue.

All true. Let me state that I cannot stand Clinton and it has absolutely nothing to do with his sex life.

Quote:
Mind you, Graffiti...I am not personally attacking you.

Understood.

Quote:
My mother and father...both of whom died during this last decade...were both dedicated conservatives...and I loved them both. Both of my brothers and damn near all of my cousins are conservatives...and I love them all. I am a white, male of a certain age....and I play golf 5 days a week mostly with other white males of a similar age...

...and damn near every one of them describe themselves as conservatives. (It is a disease that afflicts lots of white, males!) And I love most of them (except for the ones who regularly beat me and take my money in Nassaus)

My father was a dedicated communist and my mother was a liberal democrat. I am an independent and hold views incompatible with both major USA parties. Go figure.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:53 am
blatham wrote:
fishin' wrote:

Irrelevant.

hi rightwing guy

Relevance, or not...but to what?

If to who ends up sitting in the White House, sure.

If to the US getting help, cooperation and goodwill where the US might need or benefit from such, sure this is relevant.

Quite obvious that fishin's post referred to who ends up sitting in the White House ... at least, that is certainly how I took it!

What's with the "hi rightwing guy" bit? Is that supposed to be cute?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:57 am
fishin may well have meant it in that limited sense. My post addressed how such a limited sense tells us a rather limited story.

fishin and I have been sparring here for two years. I'm rather fond of the fellow.
0 Replies