If countries voted for US President, results are.....

chris56789

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:08 am
I post something on the second page, i come back and it's on the 6th page already!!!

WOW!! Very Happy

but it's mainly bickering. Atleast I pointed out one thing I hated about the Bush administration. The patriot act. OH yah, about those WMD's......um nevermind.

I know i know, some of the conservatives are going to say that EVERYONE thought Saddam had them, but someone needs to be responsible for the mistake, the person in charge, even if he didn't mean to make the mistake.

If you smoke a cig and accidently set the forest on fire, even if you didn't mean it, and everyone at camp said it was okay to smoke, you're still responsible.

With power, brings it's responsibility.

Wait, maybe I'm being to hard on Bush, it's the people working behind the scenes, Cheney, Rumsfeild, the military, corporations, banks and whatever powers dicating things, cause he's just their puppet.

Does anyone honestly think George "Sublimimimiminal" Bush actually runs this country? Seriously? The "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me, um, you can't fool me again" guy?

. They put a policy in front of him and he just signs it, then goes to watch Barney in the next room.

I have to admit, as deceitful and stubborn as he is, he's funny to watch. Atleast do a better job lying to us. Tell us the terrorist shot the WMD's into Sri Lanka, causing the earthquake, which then caused the tsunami, and he can go, "See, their was WMD's, they just used it to kill 150,000 innocent people!! How dare they!!! We were right, and they're even more evil than we thought!!!! Bring it on!!!"
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:50 am
Why the hell are you guys ganging up on Graffiti? Don't listen to them girl. Those 3 are notorious for plotting scaling attacks on newcomers by P.M. They're also communists. Idea Sniveling sissies, I call em. :wink:

Seriously, though, DLowan explained my comment perfectly with this:
DLowan wrote:
Well, that is doubtless advice that can go both ways - I have doubtless become over-sensitized to signs of American arrogance, because of the very seemingly omni-present attitudes of a few around here - especially of late....
It was a reflection of this common condition that I sharpened the edge of my already sharp contrasting thoughts on "world opinion". I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg, but I'm sick and tired of the non-stop America-Bashing free-for-all that frequently takes place here. So, I amuse myself by tossing out little jabs here and there for the hyper-sensitive to choke on. Razz Deb, you really need to get over the "you can only disagree with me out of ignorance" BS like you displayed here:
DLowan wrote:
I am also pointing ouit that your country has a big tracj reccord in attempting to affect other countries elections (actually, I only mentioned Oz's recent one - I could mention Chile, Egypt, Nicaragua and so on).

This is why I consider yours and Fishin's and Bills attitude lacks knowledge.
Your assumption is as false as it is insulting and, gasp, arrogant. Not only are your examples ancient, but you are fighting a ghost because no one is claiming otherwise (still).

If you really want to charge someone with ignorance, why look any further than the author of this thread's statements about our founding father spinning in their graves over some alterations in legislation that didn't exist when they did?

The world's opinion on who we elect President remains irrelevant and will until such a day comes as liberal I'm-an-intellectual-because-I-blame-America-first-too types rule the country (that slam is for the wannabe's, not you fine people). Since that day won't come, we can look forward to Deb and Blatham continuing to soak their hankies with the unfairness of it all. Frank on the other hand, typically only joins them when their America bashing fits comfortably in his Bush bashing agenda. Seemingly out of these folk's grasp, is the rationalization that after the majority of voter re-elected the man; insulting those who voted for him does insult most of the voters in this country and consequently the country as a whole.

Don't hold it against them, though Graffiti. Their constant, predictable, anti-U.S. nonsense really isn't personal and all three are truly decent people… even though they're communists.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Why the hell are you guys ganging up on Graffiti? Don't listen to them girl. Those 3 are notorious for plotting scaling attacks on newcomers by P.M. They're also communists. Idea Sniveling sissies, I call em. :wink:

DLowan wrote:
Well, that is doubtless advice that can go both ways - I have doubtless become over-sensitized to signs of American arrogance, because of the very seemingly omni-present attitudes of a few around here - especially of late....
It was a reflection of this common condition that I sharpened the edge of my already sharp contrasting thoughts on "world opinion". I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg, but I'm sick and tired of the non-stop America-Bashing free-for-all that frequently takes place here. So, I amuse myself by tossing out little jabs here and there for the hyper-sensitive to choke on. Razz Deb, you really need to get over the "you can only disagree with me out of ignorance" BS like you displayed here:
DLowan wrote:
I am also pointing ouit that your country has a big tracj reccord in attempting to affect other countries elections (actually, I only mentioned Oz's recent one - I could mention Chile, Egypt, Nicaragua and so on).

Your assumption is as false as it is insulting and, gasp, arrogant. Not only are your examples ancient, but you are fighting a ghost because no one is claiming otherwise (still).

If you really want to charge someone with ignorance, why look any further than the author of this thread's statements about our founding father spinning in their graves over some alterations in legislation that didn't exist when they did?

The world's opinion on who we elect President remains irrelevant and will until such a day comes as liberal I'm-an-intellectual-because-I-blame-America-first-too types rule the country (that slam is for the wannabe's, not you fine people). Since that day won't come, we can look forward to Deb and Blatham continuing to soak their hankies with the unfairness of it all. Frank on the other hand, typically only joins them when their America bashing fits comfortably in his Bush bashing agenda. Seemingly out of these folk's grasp, is the rationalization that after the majority of voter re-elected the man; insulting those who voted for him does insult most of the voters in this country and consequently the country as a whole.

Don't hold it against them, though Graffiti. Their constant, predictable, anti-U.S. nonsense really isn't personal and all three are truly decent people… even though they're communists.

Oh yeah!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:31 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

DLowan wrote:
DLowan wrote:

Yes - Chrissee's comment was over the top - but so is your knee jerk response. And I have clearly acknowledged that you guys get to elect whom you wish.

It IS, in my view, of note to one country about how other countries react to their foreign policy - and the comments saying otherwise are simply, speaking in the long term, ignorant - and arrogant. You will note I also said that I think the magnitude of the current reaction is a bump in the road - that administrations change - and I think you guys would be unlucky to get another administration that had such a negative effect internationally. I ALSO noted that I see some attempt to respond to international dislike on the part of the current people - and actually praised Wolfowitz. I can't get much fairer than that.

My comments about actual American INTERFERENCE in others' elections was because of the attitude some of you seem to show of "Gasp! How dare anyone have an opinion about whom we elect!! That is terrible!!" If, as you say, nobody is "clainming otherwise" re American interference - why the drama about the world having an opinion?

Get over it - other countries are going to have opinions about each other's elections. When some idiots somewhere actually tried to AFFECT your election, by some dumb email campaign (can't remember details) I condemned it roundly - or squarely or some damn thing.

If you see that as America bashing, so be it - I think that is ridiculous - but there you go.

By the way - the US attempt to affect the Oz election was last year.
It stunned even many conservatives here.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:34 pm
Oh - why are you ganging up on me?

Answer - you are not - you are simply expressing strong disagreement. Like I did. Like you did to Chrissee.

See? Sheesh.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 03:52 pm
dlowan wrote:
Yes - Chrissee's comment was over the top - but so is your knee jerk response.
Yes, the difference is; I knew it when I wrote it and was chuckling as I posted it. The last thing I expected was for someone to quote it in agreement. Laughing On another thread at about that same time I suggested God might be an A-hole. Laughing You see, I was spoiling for a confrontation at the time, but no one was available. Sad I suspect you missed most of the humor intended in my posts (like the whole "gang up" paragraph for instance). Look closer… you'll see. Idea
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 04:06 pm
The problem Bill, is that the things you express in "humour" so closely resemble the things you express seriously that I doubt there is much difference.

Come on - what do you REALLY think?

Be serious - and we shall see.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 04:38 pm
What do I really think about what, dear? Ask a specific question and I'll be happy to answer it.

Earlier, I wrote:
I sharpened the edge of my already sharp contrasting thoughts on "world opinion".

As you know; when deciding right and wrong I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone else in this country thinks so why would I care what people around the world think about who I voted for President? I can be convinced to change my mind... you've done so. I cannot and will not consider the popularity, or lack there of, any position I hold beyond seeing significant or well respected opposition as cause to re-examine my own reasoning... which I did do MANY times before ultimately casting a vote for Bush. If 5.999999999 billion people think that was wrong; guess how many of them can kiss my a$$?
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:06 pm
I highly doubt that "the world" has ever had The U.S.A's best interests at heart. That "the world" would elect John Kerry is, to me, a shining endorsement for Bush.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:09 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
If 5.999999999 billion people think that was wrong; guess how many of them can kiss my a$$?

Ahhhh...5.999999998????
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:44 pm
That's a good guess, Frank! :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 10:22 pm
Bill said:"What do I really think about what, dear? Ask a specific question and I'll be happy to answer it. "

I will after work.

But meanwhile, you call me dear again, and your cheese will be cheese powder..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 11:20 pm
Laughing
0 Replies