If countries voted for US President, results are.....

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:46 am
blatham wrote:
graffitti

No, deb and I didn't PM to strategize an attack on you. We both addressed a thread topic and its related comments.

I've hardly bumped into you previously and had no knowledge or opinion about you or your political positions.

You've responded to deb and I with an unusual and inappropriate sensitivity, misjudgement and rancor. No reason for any of it. Lighten up, please.

You've 'bumped into' and ignored each of my posts on your gay marriage thread. I finally turned off my email updates on it after realizing you addressed just about everyone else's posts save for mine ...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:48 am
For that, I apologize. My time right now is limited and i confess I have an ongoing philosophical disagreement with thomas and george which I focused on.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:49 am
PM to strategize!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:53 am
I repeat, Graffiti - I am very interested in hearing what your actual views are - since you consider I have misrepresented them.

I have already seen you back down most graciously when your views are challenged (on the best interests of the child thread) - I am happy to do the same if I have got yours wrong.

(Bill just knows that I think he is going to hell in a huge tsunami, though)
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:54 am
blatham wrote:
For that, I apologize. My time right now is limited and i confess I have an ongoing philosophical disagreement with thomas and george which I focused on.

Being new, I didn't understand that you were having this ongoing disagreement with thomas and george.

That would also explain why I might not have realized the implications of bill's comment, dlowan.

It's rather difficult to try to become part of a community if, on the one hand, one is welcomed by the overwhelming majority; yet, on the other hand, one unknowingly is walking into ongoing 'disagreements' for which one has no background. The operative term would be DOUBLE-BIND. Luckily, it has not happened with others here (so far).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:01 am
But - again Graffitti - I was not going just on your "joke" - but on the rest of what you had said on the thread.

And I remain very interested in your opinions on the matter at hand - as I said, if I have misunderstood them, I am very happy to admit as much.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:03 am
graffitti

It can be tough in a new community like this because folks commonly have some history together and their posts might refer to or reflect all sorts of past interactions not apparent to a new arrival. Several years ago, when I first joined such a group, I got my back up because someone wrote ROF! in response to one of my posts and i thought they were making a dog noise.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:09 am
blatham

Thank you. I appreciate your understanding as well as your sharing your own experience.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:34 am
graffiti wrote:
blatham

Thank you. I appreciate your understanding as well as your sharing your own experience.

Very Happy

And it is a communty well worth sticking with, Graffiti.

Even Blatham can be tolerated if you stay around long enough! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:34 am
No problem. I get hot under the collar in some circumstances too. But I'll recommend that you give the other poster the benefit of any doubt, and invest a post or two on clarification. Unless, of course, you are dealing with dlowan in which case you'll want to shoot her on site (the preceding is an example of a remark that appears exactly the opposite of what I intend, and I know she'll know that...she's a fav of mine).
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:35 am
and frank...frank is such a dick
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:36 am
I would have thought a frank was a wienie....
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:38 am
Well, there ya' go. Like attracts like.

To me, Frank is 1/3 of the Holy Trinity that is New Jersey. :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:40 am
blatham wrote:
No problem. I get hot under the collar in some circumstances too. But I'll recommend that you give the other poster the benefit of any doubt, and invest a post or two on clarification. Unless, of course, you are dealing with dlowan in which case you'll want to shoot her on site (the preceding is an example of a remark that appears exactly the opposite of what I intend, and I know she'll know that...she's a fav of mine).

Well, that is doubtless advice that can go both ways - I have doubtless become over-sensitized to signs of American arrogance, because of the very seemingly omni-present attitudes of a few around here - especially of late....
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:42 am
dlowan wrote:
Well, that is doubtless advice that can go both ways - I have doubtless become over-sensitized to signs of American arrogance, because of the very seemingly omni-present attitudes of a few around here - especially of late....

"especially of late?" Shocked Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:42 am
graffiti wrote:
Well, there ya' go. Like attracts like.

To me, Frank is 1/3 of the Holy Trinity that is New Jersey. :wink:

So take that, Blatham...and you too, bunny! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:43 am
Are you from Joisey, Graffiti?

(Damned if I can spell that damn word correctly more than once in every few times I try - couldn't you be something simple like calligraphy, or Trompe d'Oeil, for pete's sake?)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:44 am
graffiti wrote:
dlowan wrote:

"especially of late?" Shocked Rolling Eyes

Oh for pete's sake, Graffiti - I give up.

I have no idea what you have taken offence to this stime - except that if you think I was referring to you, I wasn't.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:45 am
dlowan wrote:

(Damned if I can spell that damn word correctly more than once in every few times I try - couldn't you be something simple like calligraphy, or Trompe d'Oeil, for pete's sake?)

If yer talking about the word "graffiti"...I gotta tell ya that I probably spell it wrong almost every time I write it...and then have to correct it. One "f" two "t's" seem to be in my keyboards memory for some reason. :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:47 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
dlowan wrote:

If yer talking about the word "graffiti"...I gotta tell ya that I probably spell it wrong almost every time I write it...and then have to correct it. One "f" two "t's" seem to be in my keyboards memory for some reason. :wink:

Yes - it is like exaggerate in that way.
0 Replies