Do I hate my job, or do I just hate work?

Bella Dea

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:35 pm
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/waffen/peitsch_big.gif
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:36 pm
Thanks Bear. I really do have some fine A2K beeyatches here, don't I?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:41 pm
Nothin' like a good pimpin' from our very own kicky....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:42 pm
kickycan wrote:
Yeah, I've thought about that, shewolf. That $80,000 price is for a big rig though, isn't it? I'm thinking more about maybe getting something smaller, something with a 20-foot box or so, and buying an already existing route that I could do. I don't really think I'd be too into the over-the-road driving. My dad owns his own truck and runs the mail from the main post office in Rochester to all the little towns. The hours are weird, but I've gone on it with him, and I think something like that, where you have an established route, would be great.

and if you put a sleeper in the rig you can combine two new careers....this is really working out....and some people say God doesn't have a plan.....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:44 pm
Truckin' and F*ckin' in the Kicky Pimp-Mobile......
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:46 pm
Dammit...now I hate my job...I just got work to do.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:46 pm
yeah yeah.. we follow you already kicky! why aint'cha sellin this fine poon-tain as it is???!!!!!
ahha!

yeah, the 80,000 is for a semi truck. Those are a house on wheels though!
If there are small routes for sale in NY , maybe they rent trucks? If they are hard up that is for people to fill these positions, they may rent you a truck to do the job in. Renting a truck would be a quick cheap way for you to do this. Maintance on a big ass truck is awful ( so I hear ) . I have an uncle who used to drive for Swift, and all his friends were truck drivers also... so big rigs are a fav of mine. ;-)
Jeezee.. i never realize how full of useless knowledge I am until I start babbling. HA!

What about local companies? I know for a fact that local companies will pay you for route driving, no truck rental. Basically an hourly wage for driving. All you need is a CDL. ?
Companies like Coke, Borden, Mrs Bairds..etc? They could be good ' tryout ' jobs to see if you would really like driving?
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:53 pm
Yes, Shewolf, that is exactly what I'm talkin' about. I have to hang on at this corporate hellhole until May 1st to be vested in all the benefits of this place, but when May comes around, I am thinking that Coke, Borden, Wise Potato chips, maybe even UPS, etc., would be good to check out.

I'm feeling better now.
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:54 pm
Here's something else to think about...

There are so many people that say, "You should do something that you love."

What a steaming pile of bullshit. What if you don't love to do anything that pays you money? I love watching sitcoms on TV, but there just aren't that many jobs like that in the want-ads.

For me, and for a lot of other people who don't fit into this "do something you love" bullshit paradigm, it's about degrees of hate.

I don't like doing anything that I have to do, which means that work itself is against my nature. But I know I have to work, so the trick is finding with a low degree of detestability.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
Crying or Very sad

im proud of you kicky >sniff<
i have taught you well
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
Thanks, Shewolf. It made me feel better to think about the possibilities. God, I'm only 3 months and 18 days from possible liberation day!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
so between now and may, get your goddamn CDL so that when the day comes, you can jump into your boss's office naked, with jingle bells hanging off your balls , jump up and down saying " I quit"

well....

that is just my fantasy
you dont have to do that
but if you do
can i see the pictures?
Ill be your best friiiiiiiiiiiend... honest
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:58 pm
How's responsibility strike you?

Does the idea of a lot of people depending on you make you sit up a little straighter and feel more alive, or feel like a giant is slowly crushing your head?

I genuinely adored my job, but I was the boss. I really like being a boss, in general, but the responsibility part was tough to deal with. These people DEPENDED on me! I could decide not to go to work today and if anyone had a problem with that it was too damn bad, BUT -- if I missed that meeting -- and nobody could advocate for Gloria -- and she didn't get the services she needed -- and her fragile faith in me was destroyed and she never came back --

so I worked 70 hours a week.
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:02 pm
Shewolf, I would love to do something like that. If I only hated my boss, it would be easier. The people above him, now those people I'd love to go find on that last day and deliver a big cake made of my own feces, with the message, "GO TO HELL, CORPORATE SCUM", written on top in my own semen.
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:02 pm
Oh, Soz, I didn't see you there. I'll give you an answer to that in less than a minute.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:06 pm
kickycan wrote:

What a steaming pile of bullshit. What if you don't love to do anything that pays you money? I love watching sitcoms on TV, but there just aren't that many jobs like that in the want-ads.

For me, and for a lot of other people who don't fit into this "do something you love" bullshit paradigm, it's about degrees of hate.

I don't like doing anything that I have to do, which means that work itself is against my nature. But I know I have to work, so the trick is finding with a low degree of detestability.[/quote

I love singing and screwing...been at it 40 years...hope I got 20 left in me...dreams can come true....
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:07 pm
sozobe wrote:
How's responsibility strike you?

Does the idea of a lot of people depending on you make you sit up a little straighter and feel more alive, or feel like a giant is slowly crushing your head?

I genuinely adored my job, but I was the boss. I really like being a boss, in general, but the responsibility part was tough to deal with. These people DEPENDED on me! I could decide not to go to work today and if anyone had a problem with that it was too damn bad, BUT -- if I missed that meeting -- and nobody could advocate for Gloria -- and she didn't get the services she needed -- and her fragile faith in me was destroyed and she never came back --

so I worked 70 hours a week.

Okay, I admit it, I think responsibility is overrated, and the less of it I have, the better I feel. I don't know if that's wisdom, or immaturity. I'm sure most would say it's the latter.

And I sometimes think I'd be a good boss, but then I think again, and I realize I would probably be a micromanaging control freak.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
maybe even UPS, etc., would be good to check out.

There is something about the UPS guy....every woman I know loves the UPS guy, whoever he may be. And surprisingly I am not turned off by the brown socks with the shorts.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:08 pm
kicky wrote:

Okay, I admit it, I think responsibility is overrated, and the less of it I have, the better I feel. I don't know if that's wisdom, or immaturity. I'm sure most would say it's the latter.

And I sometimes think I'd be a good boss, but then I think again, and I realize I would probably be a micromanaging control freak.

... or a slack ass who let's their underlings screw off, as in my case.
0 Replies

colorbook

Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:10 pm
kickycan wrote:

I don't like doing anything that I have to do, which means that work itself is against my nature. But I know I have to work, so the trick is finding with a low degree of detestability.

Paris Hilton is making a new movie and needs a male co-star. It would mean you would have to change jobs....awww never mind...you would probably hate it anyway?
0 Replies