HELP! Am I overreacting?

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 03:16 pm
Hello world, I really need your help...

Today I agreed to this guy that I've been talking to, to go eat something together in the following days. However, I've strong reason to believe that he's still in a relationship (based on facebook posts from a few weeks ago, rumors...). Now I feel really bad for agreeing and I don't know what to do. My friends aren't really a great help since they are just too excited that I have a "date".

We've been talking for a while now and have some classes together. I've noticed that he's been stealing glances. And he tries talking to me by asking really basic questions about our classes.

He's really nice and I don't think he would deceive me but you never really know...

I'm freaking out because I don't want to be known as the girl who broke up a relationship nor the side-chick, if it turns out that he is in a relationship. Basically, I just don't want drama. Am I just overreacting? Is it even a date? Should I confront him? Should I even go? PLEASE HELP!

Thank you,
Eleanor99

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 03:21 pm
@Eleanor99,
Go out with him and straight-up ask him if he's seeing anyone else or if he's just broken up with someone or what. Play it cool no matter what he says, no need to make a big deal over it then. If you have evidence that he's lying, just don't see him again. No drama necessary.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 03:58 pm
Funny that since you've been "talking for days" his dating status (and yours) has not come up.

Do you have a FIRM date, or just an agreenent to meet sometime?

If this comes down to a real time and place date, you might mention that you want to be sure that there's not going to be any drama (like a GF in the background) before you accept.

You can also ask him out and see if he accepts.

0 Replies

smackie9

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 02:39 pm
@Eleanor99,
Don't treat it like a date. Treat it like two classmates that are just hanging out. That would be your opportunity to ask about his GF, and other stuff about him.
0 Replies