I have been deathly ill. I saw something rather strange.

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:25 pm
I have been laid up for the last 40 hours, bedridden with a most unpleasant gastroenteritis. My experience reminded me a bit of a definition I read of the Ebola virus, when the person "crashes out" and body fluids rush from every available orifice, leaving the person looking like a de-skeletonized piece of humanoid material.

The time I spent in bed, waiting for my next mad race to the bathroom, was spent reading, watching tv, and making phone calls. One of my phone calls was to my brother and after I told him about my current sickness, he of course had to one-up me with tales of sicknessess past.

He told me of a particularly extreme case of diarrhea combined with such intense physical pain that he popped an oxycotin 80 in order to numb the pain somewhat. Shortly thereafter a volcanic reaction began in his inner regions and he raced to the bathroom and released another torrent of the unpleasant, odiferous body waste. Afterwards, as he rose from the porcelain chair he glanced into the bowl and was stunned to see the oxcotin pill floating in the muck. The pill was still pefectly formed and the "8O" perfectly legible.

I was quite amazed by this story. We talked of other things and after a bit I bid him farewell and burrowed back into my blankets, awaiting the next madcap race to the bathroom. As it turned out -- the wait was short. Five minutes. I ran into the bathroom and the exploding sounds caused my cat to scurry away in a feline frenzy. I even noticed a small spider running for his life. I reached for the toilet handle to flush away the offensive, foul-smelling waste product, but my brother's story of the oxycotin tablet came to mind, and with a morbid curiosity I glanced into the toilet bowl to see if anything strange lurked there. Imagine my surprise when I saw a perfectly formed grilled cheese sandwich floating in the midst of the carnage.

I recalled that that was the last thing I ate before being felled by the sickness.

I flushed and watched with bemusemet as the sandwich twirled slowly and began its downward journey with the waste product. The points of the sandwich caught momentarily on the edge of the drainpipe, held for a second, and then it was gone.

I'm better now, but I can't shake the haunting image of that grilled cheese sandwich.

What's the most unusual item you've seen in your waste product?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,231 • Replies: 79
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:27 pm
a plastic frog but it was in my imaginary do do.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:31 pm
A corn kernel.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:34 pm
Corn kernels are not unusual, as a matter of fact I would consider them commonplace. Plastic frogs might qualify, however, as being a bit out of the ordinary.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:34 pm
Read again, Gus.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:36 pm
My commiserations, Gus.
I spent something like the best part of 4 days whimpering with a very painful back. The first time this has ever happened & for no reason I can think of.
I'm glad you're feeling better.
Stay away from toasted cheese sandwiches for a bit, OK?
It's good to be back in the land of the living again, huh? Very Happy
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:38 pm
Shocked Gustaventeritis Ratzinthehopper

So sorry to hear that you have been ill. I don't have any ghastly gastro tales to share at the moment, or at least none that I'm willing to talk about.

Glad to see your feeling better.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:40 pm
http://www.bestbuy.net.au/images/np-tml.jpg
gus, in search of the perfect grilled cheese sandwich
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:41 pm
Thanks for the words of encouragment, msolga. I'm doing fine now. But back to the business of unusual items floating in waste product...

I remember back in my nomad days, when I lived in the wilderness and was years away from civilization. Upon examination of my scat on a particulary cold November morning I was startled by the visage of a coyote skull.

I can't believe I forgot about that.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:45 pm
I've seen a dog pooping a condom before...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:45 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Thanks for the words of encouragment, msolga. I'm doing fine now. But back to the business of unusual items floating in waste product...

I remember back in my nomad days, when I lived in the wilderness and was years away from civilization. Upon examination of my scat on a particulary cold November morning I was startled by the visage of a coyote skull.

I can't believe I forgot about that.

Trauma brings back these memories, Gus!
Could this be a good time to revert to your previous nomadic diet? ... berries & those other unprocessed goodies one finds when hunting & gathering ...?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:46 pm
superjuly wrote:
I've seen a dog pooping a condom before...

That was one sick bastard hanging around that dog.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:49 pm
....and I thought once I for sure had colon cancer,
until I realized I had eaten red beets the night before.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:49 pm
did you remember eating the grilled cheese sandwich? or was it miraculously assembled tthrough the aaction of all the yeasty stuff undergoing anaerobic digestion and reformulation of another life form. SO long as it doesnt come out of the front of your stomach like an alien, I think youll be ok.

You get well ther Guss, we need our poet Looriet
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:52 pm
farmerman wrote:

You get well ther Guss, we need our poet Looriet

i think that's lariat
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:54 pm
Laureate.
0 Replies