Charms

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:09 am
PS: (((( OCCOM BILL-BROOK ))))...

You guys are great 2gether!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:11 am
Hey there Charms :-D

I'm so glad to hear that all is well and the others are going to be thrilled too.

Cheers to happy endings :-D
0 Replies

Charms

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:35 am
HI Montana, Smile

You guys were a "God sent" to me.... you helped me through one of the toughest time in my life.

I just hope that I will be able to do the same for someone else one day.

Loves, hugs and kisses
Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:04 am
Oh Charms, it was our pleasure and I know we're all glad that things worked out. You have a very kind heart.

((((HUGS))))) right back at ya :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:30 am
What a relief.

No remember, there are other discussions around here that might hold your interest.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:58 am
(((( Charms )))) I'm very glad to hear you're ok. We were worried about you. I don't wish to write anything that detracts for happiness but would like to remind you to plan for contingencies. Nothing prevents disaster like preparation. Idea I do hope everyday from here is better than the last!

Take good care of you.

And like Roger said, there's other forums here, for less intense subjects, you know.

P.s. Sorry to derail your thread flirting with Brooklyn. (She's soooo hard to resist! :wink:)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:13 am
((((Charms)))) from me too.

It's great to hear from you and I'm glad things are working out for you. Thanks for the update, I've thought of you quite often wondering how things were going.

I just noticed you over on the food board so I'm glad you're venturing about here on A2K!
0 Replies

Charms

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 08:19 am
Hi all...

Just thought I'd share with you that it's our 10 month wedding anniversary today, and unlike last month, I'm sooooooooo happy.....

we're going out to dinner and champagne on the beach.

take care..............
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 08:41 am
Nice to get some good news. Thanks for checking in.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 09:21 am
Glad to here all's well darlin! Have a good time!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:54 pm
Cheers!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:59 pm
Charms

Oh yeah, that's what I like to hear. You guys have a great time at the beach and congrats :-D
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:23 am
Congratulations Charms and hubby.
How romantic, champagne on a beach.

Occom Bill, just worked out who you remind me of in your picture-Ted Nealy, he played Jesus in Andrew Loyd Webbers film of Jesus Christ Superstar.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:11 am
Shocked It's not every day I get associated with Him.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:28 am
No, I actually think Bill has a resemblence to Richard Branson - the british Billionar and CEO of Virgin Airlines.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:30 am
I think he looks like his sister! First time I've seen the family resemblance.

(Glad things are going better for you, Charms!)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:35 am
Eeeek!!Richard Branson!
Id have to disagree with you there.

Occom-Haha!Most guys I know think they are God.
0 Replies

theanonymouse

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 06:28 am
ok. as a new user here i am shocked and stunned by the anti male bias some people have, i have been hit and hurt in a similar way to charms, but did i leave no.. one incident does not make an abuser.. and brooke.. do you also deal with female violence on men at the centre, (it does happen at the same rates as women on men, but men dont report it.. and if they did they would be ridiculed and told men deserved it..)..

its a symptom of being part of a abusive culture, one incident, and thats it marriage should be over.. some men are gentle men, somtimes men dont know their own strength.. but that just means they are all abusers eh..

yes there are abusive husbands, but there is also a possibility it was an accident..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 06:53 am
theanonymouse- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

BTW, I think that anonymouse is an interesting choice of "handle".

If you read through the entire thread, you would have seen that what Charms spoke of was more than the physical incident. It was the total lack of respect that Charm's husband showed her, in front of a relative.

As far as husband abuse, it IS a problem that is seldom discussed, because men who have been hurt by their wives are often ashamed to admit it. It is an important problem, and needs to be brought out into the open.

Quote:
yes there are abusive husbands, but there is also a possibility it was an accident..

I think that a person damn well knows when something is an accident, or when it is done on purpose. You say that the problem is an "abusive culture". It sounds to me like you are rationalizing. The vast majority of men do NOT physically abuse their wives. If the culture is "abusive" as you say, how do you explain that?

Quote:
some men are gentle men, somtimes men dont know their own strength..

Again, I think that you are making excuses. A mature man does not have to test his "strength" against his partner. As an adult, he needs to know that physical violence is not the way to settle disputes.

I am very curious as to whether you have ever been the perpetrator or recipient of physical violence, by your partner. Well?
0 Replies

theanonymouse

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:15 am
my name is anonymouse, i have it first i breed mice, i love mice, most of my names have mouse in them..

the lack of respect, that flows both ways doesnt it, we cant really know what the relationship is like.

i think there can be too much of going to a councellor, who sometimes increases the feelings of negativity in a relationship, going over and over the same subjects getting them more and more worked up cant be detrimental blowing things up out of proportion, but constantly going over and over it. you must admit it can happen. thats what i mean about an abusive culture.

but in a previous post, we dont know if the hubbie was drunk, that affects the judgement of strength, i one broke a beer glass by squeezing too hard when drunk, i didnt know my strength..when sober i do..

its not testing your strength, its not realising, and i agree violence is not very condusive to a happy relationship,

i was once hit by an ex partner, i have been stabbed, luckily it was only by a crochet needle.. i been punched, kicked, but i have never hit a woman, but i have dragged one of my exs from a potentially violent situation, which she didnt see.. from a very nasty person..and i mean NASTY, (la few years later i found out he got arrested for manslaughter).

i am gentle, i was brought up to think women are ladies, and they deserve respect, even if they mess you about, screw around on you, i was brought up by my mum, and my grandmas, tough women, strong women, who taught me if i didnt treat a woman nice, then they would get me. coz they know everything about me and would make my life a living hell.

luckily i have a true partner now..we are getting married in a year.
0 Replies