Me Too

maxdancona

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 05:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I posted about men on men assault, in the same post, to open up the scope

That's funny. You are still explicitly excluding a number of assaults that don't fit the script. This is a political argument, advancing a narrative. This is not an honest conversation or a place for people to share their experiences.
ossobucotemp

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 05:32 pm
@centrox,
Yes. Contrex didn't exclude. He said that... well, go back and look.
Learn to read.
edgarblythe

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 05:32 pm
@maxdancona,
I left it open to ANY kind of assault, Einstein.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 05:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
OK. I misunderstood then.

I thought you were excluding cases where women are perpetrators (women on man or woman on woman). If you weren't excluding those cases, please tell me and I will apologize.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 05:46 pm
@ossobucotemp,
You really can't understand how what Centrox wrote made me feel?
edgarblythe

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 05:46 pm
@maxdancona,
I said any kind. Women on men, humans on goats, rabbits on ducks and any other combination.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 05:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sorry Edgar. What threw me off was when you asked the question about whether women perpetrators of assault would take responsibility for their actions.
Robert Gentel

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 06:02 pm
@maxdancona,
I did find it odd that you were disagreeing with the very same whataboutism that you were engaged in.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 06:03 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Yeah, on this thread Edgar is playing a game with me. It isn't mature of either of us. I am not perfect.

ossobucotemp

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 06:22 pm
@maxdancona,
No. That was yourself going on.

I am leaving this episode of the thread as it reminds me of 50's TV.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 06:44 pm
I didn't mention women abusing women, child molesting - but they are included too, despite the fact nobody is protesting my dishonesty here.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 06:54 pm
@maxdancona,
No, no he isn't. Why can't you take 'yes' for an answer? You could have just remarked that you were a victim, but you didn't. People bared their souls, and you took offense because 'you' were not singled out as the most deserving object of pity. Do you think it's easy for all the other people to relate their experience? Let me tell you it isn't easy. Most of us are not looking for revenge, we just want it to stop. You really need to stop resenting other people's terrible experiences before you can call yourself a survivor.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 07:13 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitterbag,

Where have I not supported anyone who shared their story (except for Contrex... and I apologized for my oversight)? This thread was not really for sharing experiences, it was for the same thing all of the other political threads on Able2know are about.

That is why I made one response expressing an emotion. My emotion might have been strong, but it was a real emotion. The response was instant name-calling and personal attacks, I was called a "dumbass", told to "**** myself" and even told I could "tolerate it up the ass". This is pretty nasty stuff.

I take responsibility for my part of this mess of a thread. If people on this thread had responded maturely, I would have responded in kind. I can express my emotion and then talk about experiences. Or people could have even ignored me. I wasn't attacking anyone, nor was I unsupportive of anyone who shared a sincere experience.

EhBeth wrote a good post and she is the person who has acted with dignity in this thread. She stated her opinion, without any attacks. I responded appreciatively. I don't always agree with EhBeth, but I respect her sincerity and her class.

But, let's not pretend that this thread is different than any other political thread on Able2know. Much of the hate on this thread is the same old hate in every other political thread and much of it is personal. It carries from thread to thread. This is a group of people with a shared world view who are consciously running off anyone who doesn't fall into line.

The speed at which people fell into vulgar insults shows this.
glitterbag

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 07:59 pm
@maxdancona,
You keep repeating this notion about being political. I don't know what you are getting at, do you think only democrats complain about assaults and republicans think it's no big deal, or perhaps the reverse. Maybe you think Republicans are the only people who get victimized at the hands of deviant democrats. This is hard to understand, no one asked me what my political beliefs were when I was 8 or when I was 10.........why do you insist on assigning political intentions??? I'm deadly serious, I can't grasp what you are trying to say. You may have a valid point, but I'm not able to sort it out because it seems so nonsensical.

My younger cousin was stabbed right between the ribs in 2012 by a women. The knife pierced his heart and he died in surgery about 4 hours later. The whole episode was caught by security cams, she's was given 25 yrs with 15 suspended so she's eligible for parole this year. My cousin will never be alive again and he wouldn't be any deader if he had been murdered by a man. You tell me, is my opinion about my murdered cousin due to political beliefs or just a strong sense of fairness and justice?
maxdancona

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 08:06 pm
@glitterbag,
It is not political because of the topic. It is political because of the participants.

It is political because people here are advancing a narrow range of viewpoints with no room for any difference of experience of perspective. It is political because it is the same group of people, the same personal attacks and the same grudges carried from thread to thread.

There was no real attempt to make this thread any different than all the others. I accept my part of the responsibility for this, I almost certainly could have done better. I believe that I would have followed along had this actually been a respectful and inclusive discussion about the experience of sexual assault survivors... of course we will never know because it wasn't.

edgarblythe

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 09:03 pm
@glitterbag,
For a guy that talks science so calmly and often rationally, he's a basket case on a thread like this. Politics of anti abuse should not know of left right or center. I don't know what the heck he thinks he is saying.
glitterbag

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 09:05 pm
@maxdancona,
You have problems that I can't solve. Edgar, Centrox, ehbeth all acknowledged that boys can be victimized by women. I agreed with you, I know abuse happens. But you can't accept that, it's just not up to snuf for Max, just not good enough is it skippy?

When I was very young, (maybe 6 to 10 yrs) I would listen to my Dad talk about work with my Mom.....he often talked about a co-manager he regarded as a tool. He saw the other man as a jerk and distained him. One afternoon when he came home he talked to my mother about an illness this man or his wife had been diagnosed, he seemed very concerned and troubled. I was very young and remarked 'I thought you didn't like him daddy?' (Do I need to remind everyone I was very young?). My father simply said, 'oh sweetheart, you never take pleasure in other people's misfortune or disasters, you would not be a decent person if you couldn't understand they were in the fight of their life'. I think it was his words and demeanor that centered me....I'm grateful to my dad and mom for teaching me compassion....

Max, I'm sorry no one ever taught you others could understand your pain. I'm even more unhappy that you need to invalidate other people's pain because you think your pain takes precedence. I was taught that pain is pain is pain is pain. If you could cease thinking of this as a completion or one-upmanship, maybe you can heal.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 09:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Neither do I. Max always shows up whenever women are mentioned. It's something I expect. If he is a victim I offer healing, but he needs to at least acknowledge that both genders, transgenders, gay, straight or confused can be attacted. Jesus, it happens, I raised boys and I had to rescue my brother a few times from predators. It's never ok.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 04:45 am
Well, he's torpedoed another of my threads. Collapsing this one.
Below viewing threshold (view)