Me Too

maxdancona

Sat 9 May, 2020 10:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Somebody who will not make Trump's changes the new normal.

They are going to have to come up with a name, and quickly. This isn't a hypothetical argument... the election is just 6 months away.
edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 10:25 am
@maxdancona,
There is plenty of evidence she lies not. Only the willfully blind dispute it. Much like the racists who turn over every stone to justify the murder of a black person. I don't have to justify my post. As the Holy Scripture says Let those with eyes see.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 10:27 am
@maxdancona,
Of course it's not hypothetical. The Democrats are going to have to get real to have a chance at all. Replacing one debacle with another debacle only sets the stage for a tougher smarter trump.
maxdancona

Sat 9 May, 2020 10:39 am
@edgarblythe,
Than give me a single name of an alternative candidate, a real person that can replace Joe Biden on the ticket and beat Donald Trump? Then it will not be hypothetical.

Who do think could take the place of Joe Biden on the Democratic ticket without fracturing the Democratic party and handing the election to Donald Trump?

If you don't have a name of a real person... then this argument is meaningless. The Democrats are sticking with Joe Biden because they want to win the election. You can either get on board or not.

edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:03 am
@maxdancona,
The name has to come from a consensus of Democrats. Not me. If they can't do it that just shows how bankrupt the party is.
ehBeth

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:16 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You're overlooking the most logical solution: Dump Biden before it's too late.

already too late

change horses now and #45 is in for sure

leave things as they are and there's maybe a 50/50 chance of not #45
maxdancona

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:17 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The name has to come from a consensus of Democrats. Not me. If they can't do it that just shows how bankrupt the party is.

The consensus of Democrats is Joe Biden. We have a name.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:18 am
@ehBeth,
The odds are far greater than 50/50. If the far left shuts up and gets on board, Joe will likely win.
edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:18 am
@ehBeth,
It's a recipe for disaster to race a horse that may not may not get out the gate. It's only too late if enough people want it that way.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:19 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
It's not too late to select a viable candidate.

it is too late

there are no other viable candidates. independents, small c conservative American democrats will sit things out if the Democrats try to bring in a more progressive candidate. young voters don't turn out.

it's #45 or Joe Biden

don't have to like either alternative but have to accept it.

if#45 winning is ok with you , then you're in a good spot right now
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:20 am
@maxdancona,
At last count 25% of progressives vow not to vote for Biden. I am part of the 25%. No viable candidate, no vote.
izzythepush

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:21 am
@edgarblythe,
Maybe it’s not the party that’s bankrupt but the system. What’s wrong with one member one vote?

Labour polls opened in January and Kier Starmer is already party leader.

Why not do that, it’s a lot cheaper and cuts out all the crap?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:21 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

At last count 25% of progressives vow not to vote for Biden. I am part of the 25%. No viable candidate, no vote.

That makes the Trump team very happy.

That is their strategy. If the Democratic party fractures, Trump wins reelection. I personally think that 4 more years of a Trump administration would be a disaster.

I am voting for Biden.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:22 am
It's simple math. A Biden presidency makes Trump's changes the new normal. Biden is so incompetent 2024 heralds a new smarter Republican. No thanks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:24 am
Vote how you like. I will do the same. The final result will depend which party is best at rigging the vote anyway.
ehBeth

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:25 am
@edgarblythe,
Pretty much guaranteeing a #45 win right there.

Congrats on getting what you want.
maxdancona

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:26 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Vote how you like. I will do the same. The final result will depend which party is best at rigging the vote anyway.

They are rigging your vote.... and you are going along with it. 538 did an analysis of which news organizations were covering the Tara Reade scandal the most. Does it surprise you that Fox News is pushing this story far more than any other "News" outlet?

Trump's re-election strategy is to drive a wedge between progressives and traditional democrats. Edgar is following their script.
edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:30 am
@maxdancona,
Nobody could drive a bigger wedge between centrists and conservatives than the DNC. There is no way Biden won most of the primaries he is credited with. He has his current position through massive fraud from the DNC.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:32 am
@ehBeth,
There is little difference between Biden and Trump. Give me something to vote for.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 9 May, 2020 11:33 am
Somebody's getting their bowels stirred. Here comes the downvoters.