Me Too

Olivier5

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 02:25 am
@maxdancona,
Setting aside sexual harassment in the workplace, like by one's boss, which is always wrong and unprofessional whatever the gender configuration, a woman's pass or gesture at a man may not always be welcome but it rarely is unsettling or threatening to the man. It's generally seen as a compliment, a mark of attention, even if misplaced.
maxdancona

Sat 13 Oct, 2018 08:52 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
a woman's pass or gesture at a man may not always be welcome but it rarely is unsettling or threatening to the man. It's generally seen as a compliment, a mark of attention, even if misplaced.

Hmmm... the assumption here is that a pass or gesture is not "harrassment" if it is not unsettling. The obvious problem is that you can't know if your gesture will upset anyone until you make it.

Do we make the different rules for men and women... a woman can pat a man's butt, not not the other way around?
Olivier5

Mon 15 Oct, 2018 12:46 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Do we make the different rules for men and women... a woman can pat a man's butt, not not the other way around?

No, but we should not discourage women to hit on us. We should be accomodating of awkward passes and occasional butt touches, like they were with us for centuries, like the letter signed by Deneuve argued: someone got to make the first step after all, so let's not be too judgemental when they try.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:53 am
I think #metoo is going to rain on the Clinton’s More Cash for Corrupt Geezers parade.

Twitter’s young and innocent are finding out about Hillary’s sleazy double standard with average rapists and her husband the rapist. They’ll deserve every bit of it.

She said recently that there was no abuse of power because Lewinsky was an adult...
Setanta

Mon 15 Oct, 2018 03:12 am
You'll be lost when the Clinton's die.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 12:52 am
When I was Lewinsky's age I was married with an infant and held a full time job. I knew then that you don't perform sexual favors for your boss or for anybody else........and I knew that back when I was 18 and off to school....no professors for grades, no married men. But if I did participate, it would be as an adult, because I was the same age men my age where when they were drafted and sent to Viet Nam.

I'm not sure why Lash is confused. I wonder how old she thinks women have to be to enter into a consensual act?????? And How old do you need to be before you realize that flashing a thong in front of a man is a tad racy?
Olivier5

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 05:43 am
@Lash,
Hillary Clinton is a failed presidential candidate. Back when US politicians had a clue, those would simply disappear from view after their failed run, out of a desire to protect their party and allow it to move on and bounce back.

But not this timeno no no. She's gona make sure the fascists win again, just by opening her mouth again and again and again. Thank you Hillary for pulling the whole world down with you.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 08:22 am
Google Trends released an interactive map that shows where searches for #MeToo are trending -- with areas that have the highest interest in the movement glowing white. India, by far, shines the brightest because the movement has now reached Bollywood and is generating far more web traffic there than anywhere else...

https://metoorising.withgoogle.com/
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 03:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Monica Lewinsky says, “There are many more women and men whose voices and stories need to be heard before mine. (There are even some people who feel my White House experiences don’t have a place in this movement, as what transpired between Bill Clinton and myself was not sexual assault, although we now recognize that it constituted a gross abuse of power.)”

I think her opinion about what happened to her trumps yours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/18/hillary-clinton-monica-lewinsky-metoo-founder/1680674002/?fbclid=IwAR1BNQVkH9F5AEgYaAEtsHFuB9CatnQ0ut3_DowQm0-YrZ48S4tBUpZ36jo

Carrying water for the Clintons must be exhausting.

glitterbag

Sat 20 Oct, 2018 11:21 pm
@Lash,
No, it's not the Clintons, they are not in office, its YOU that is exhausting.....Lewinsky's not the first woman to make a mistake and she was egged on by Linda Trip (Yea women taking care of women) There is no doubt that Clinton should have ignored her advances, it was stupid and wrong. Absolutely no one says it was a brilliant or endorses this behaviour......but you seem to forget that offenses occur all over the place, and you seem to take the bot's view that Democrats are the lustful, raping, molesting hordes.......Here's a question, if or when you were ever raped, assaulted, or beaten by someone.....did you really give a **** which party they belonged to, or which church they they attended>????? I'm betting you didn't even think about it, you would want justice.............like all of the other women or abused men on the planet.
izzythepush

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 12:06 am
@Lash,
What should be done then? The Clinton investigation went on for eight years. Do you really think another eight years would find something actionable? Or are you just trying to change the subject, talk about anything other than the current shitty president.

The Clintons do not hold positions of power anymore.
Lash

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 11:54 am
@glitterbag,
I still don’t care what party a rapist or a liar belongs to—unless they continue to lie about it and get it covered up by a pretty tidy organization of sycophants.

I like to point it out when that happens. That seems to bother you.

So, I think I’ll keep doing it.

Bill Clinton is a rapist. Hillary Clinton led a crusade to have his victims humiliated in the media. Feminists lined up behind her, mocked Paula Jones’ appearance, and blacked out Juanita Broaddrick’s appeals for justice. Then, magically, she converted from abuser to #metoo bandwagoneer when it became convenient.

CEOs were getting fired left and right in the 80s and 90s for sexual relationships at work—even if they were consensual.

But, defend her. You’re cut from the same cloth.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 12:19 pm
Bill Clinton is no less an abuser than Kavanaugh.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 01:37 pm
A nuanced, well-researched and thoughtful view on #metoo, a bit long but worth reading from top to bottom:

Commentary: A mother of a son's middle path in the #MeToo era
Roxanne Roberts
The Washington Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/parenting/ct-life-metoo-era-mother-son-20181020-story.html
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
I think every time they pop their lying heads up, they should get questions that sit their old, thieving asses back down.

It’s finally starting to happen.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/19/hillary-clinton-democrats-go-away-2018-2020-221608

In part:

[Clinton] has also participated in extended interviews on CNN and CBS, during which that message has been interrupted by questions about the Clintons’ past. Last week, for instance, she said in a television interview that her husband’s affair with a White House intern in the 1990s did not constitute an abuse of power because Monica Lewinsky was “an adult.”

In just one example of the liberal groans that greeted Clinton’s comments, New York Times editorial board member Michelle Cottle blasted the former nominee in an op-ed Thursday, urging her to keep quiet.

There’s also no sign that Clinton intends to give up the spotlight after the midterm elections, when Democrats begin their process of choosing a 2020 nominee and when a pre-existing relationship with the Clintons is widely seen as a vulnerability.

She and former President Bill Clinton recently announced a 13-city arena tour, produced by Live Nation, billed as “An Evening with the Clintons,” which will launch in late November. Tickets to the events are on sale for between $120 and $370, with the proceeds going to the Clintons.

Democrats watching Clinton’s moves are conflicted about what to make of her post-candidate public life. On the one hand, they argue, Clinton’s attacks on Trump, and interviews that inevitably revisit the transgressions of the 1990s, are widely seen as unhelpful to the Democratic Party at this juncture—a selfish pose for someone whose approval rating hasn’t budged above 38 percent since the election, and who remains a ready target for Trump to use to whip up his base.

“Just guessing this isn’t the story Democratic candidates were looking for in the homestretch of the midterms,” David Axelrod, a former top adviser to President Barack Obama, tweeted in response to Clinton’s answer about Lewinsky.
Setanta

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 02:43 pm
Lash has been ranting against the Clinton's here for 15 years. The wonderful dividend is that if we are talking about them, we aren't taking about her hero, President Plump.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 02:45 pm
@Lash,
You should be happy about the harm she does to democrats.
maxdancona

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 02:51 pm
@Olivier5,
It is ironic...

Hillary Clinton is the main reason that Donald Trump became president. Without the Clintons there would be no president Trump.
Olivier5

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 03:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, one of the many reasons, I would say.

Putin also played a big role. Obama too, IMO, e.g. in leaving the dem party alone when he could have reformed and strengthened it by grooming a new generation of leaders, in treating the repukes way too nicely, in not leaking the russian dossier... And there's the long term "dumbing down of America" phenomenon that has eroded the nation collective smarts. The Tea Party and all that ****.

If both Clintons died tomorrow, it wouldn't change a thing. Even if Trump died or was impeached, that wouldn't change much. The problems run deeper than just one person.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 21 Oct, 2018 06:25 pm
@Olivier5,
I’m disgusted about the harm she and her asshole husband did to America.