Shooting with multiple casualties in Vegas at Aldeen's concert

Lash

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 03:49 am
Many fans were videoing the concert. There are a lot of videos of the shooting shared on Twitter.

They were like fish in a barrel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/las-vegas-police-investigating-shooting-mandalay-bay-n806461
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 7,881 • Replies: 169

Lash

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 04:03 am
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/02/las-vegas-shooting-what-we-know-so-far
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 04:48 am
Speechless
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 05:00 am
Over 50 dead. Worst mass shooting in American history, reportedly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 05:32 am
Google images says this is the shooter
http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11274169.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Stephen-C-Paddock.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 06:08 am
64 years old, living in a nursing home.

Psych discussion on CBS is interesting—how they calculate motive. Usually people in their 60s who’ve been able to avoid heinous **** like this through life—and then buy automatic weapons to kill masses of strangers — don’t exist.

His wife/companion is being questioned.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 06:19 am
My God.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 06:50 am
Quote:
Nevada has some of the least stringent gun laws in the United States.
People are allowed to carry weapons and do not have to register themselves as a gun-owner.
Background checks are done when people buy guns, but they are also allowed to sell them privately.
The state does not ban assault weapons, which include automatic or semi-automatic firearms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41466116
McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:02 am
My son was there a couple hours earlier, thankfully, he was not there at the time of the shooting.

Crazy people doing crazy things. Sucks major ass... I feel sad for the families and others that are affected by this.
jespah

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:22 am
@McGentrix,
I'm glad your son is safe.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:44 am
Actions Speak Louder: Although Paddock has had no run-ins with the law, the planned manner in which the shooting was carried out makes it clear that Paddock didn’t just fly off the deep end last night. Since the shooting was reportedly carried out with a fully automatic assault rifle – a military rifle that is illegal in the state of Nevada – it appears he may have been planning the shooting for quite some time. It is unclear whether or not the weapon was modified from semi to a fully automatic rifle. Investigators have also been unable to determine how he may have gotten the weapon into the hotel. But it has been reported that he booked the hotel under an alias. The type of ammunition he had in the hotel room further proves how he strategically planned the attack. He reportedly “had 8 guns & 2 platforms set up to shoot from + cameras set up to see police arriving,” according to the publication. Although he’d reportedly been in the room for approximately two nights before the shooting, he managed not to raise suspicions at all. Paddock reportedly carried out the sniper-style shooting from the 32 floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel. Tons of disturbing videos have been shared According to police, he was found dead inside the hotel room by the time police arrived.

Read more at: https://www.theblackloop.com/stephen-paddock-police-description-vegas-shooter-infuriating-claims-shooting-not-act-terrorism-time/?src=dl
tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:22 am
@edgarblythe,
This is the sort of "terrorists" attack we need to be worrying about, the home grown Timothy McVey types out there. The Antifa folks and BLM (the feet on the ground, not those calling the shots) have no clue what sort of animal they are poking with a stick. This guy probably picked this target for no other reason than the potential for mass casualties of innocent bystanders.

Guys like this are all over the country. Red states, blue states, doesn't matter. Guys that have spent decades fuming over what they feel is the destruction of the Constitution and the government's constant siphoning off of freedom.

So long as the media keeps picking away and playing the game, this is all going to escalate as these guys get more and more fed up. Timothy McVey wasn't insane or crazy. He was a guy with a well planned and well executed attack in retaliation to perceived injustices. He got tired of seeing it and reading about it and decided to do something. Paddock was likely a very normal guy living a very normal life that decided somebody had to do something.
Ragman

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 02:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hadn't he had run-ins with local police?I thought I read that somewhere, gawdknowswhere. How relevant that is to all of this, I have no idea.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 02:43 pm
@Ragman,
I don't think he got in much trouble in his life, unless it turns out he did.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 06:51 pm
@McGentrix,
Very thankful for his safety.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Reports are that he bought the guns legally and had not been diagnosed with any mental illness.

That, of course begs the issue that someone should be allowed to purchase the sort of guns and ammo that he purchased. The insanity clearly is with our inadequate gun laws.
oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:31 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
That, of course begs the issue that someone should be allowed to purchase the sort of guns and ammo that he purchased. The insanity clearly is with our inadequate gun laws.

What is wrong with the ammo that he used?

Other than bump stocks, can you come up with a good reason for banning anything else that he used?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:44 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
tibbleinparadise wrote:
Timothy McVey wasn't insane or crazy. He was a guy with a well planned and well executed attack in retaliation to perceived injustices. He got tired of seeing it and reading about it and decided to do something. Paddock was likely a very normal guy living a very normal life that decided somebody had to do something.

McVeigh directly attacked a government target though. He didn't just go looking for the biggest mass casualty target that he could come up with. It is hard to see how this attack could be directed at the government.

Maybe this guy was protesting the horrible murder of Erik Scott. Was Costco linked to the concert in any way?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:46 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
My son was there a couple hours earlier, thankfully, he was not there at the time of the shooting.

Wow! I agree with the others. Glad he's OK.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 12:49 am
@Ragman,
Only the seriously deranged could argue with that.
0 Replies