High school Age Difference

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 11:42 pm
So, my sister is a freshman in high school. She's very to herself about her "love" life so I know this is bugging her if she came to me for guidance. She's interested in a senior. He's a great guy he's the asb president. According to her he seems like he might be interested but she doesn't want to be known as "one of those girls". I'm not entirely sure how to help her. If anything were to continue, let alone make it that far, I'd be watching her like a hawk but should I even let her pursue because knowing kids these days they'll probably call her names. I trust them but I just worry. Thoughts?

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 01:17 am
@Tayler 81,
Don't start any more threads on this. That's the sort of behaviour that will get you suspended. You're not getting an answer because most of the people on this site are American and they're in bed right now.

For what it's worth I think you should back off and let your sister live her own life. Only give advice if it's asked for.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:10 am
@Tayler 81,
Don't give advice to her, but be willing to help her see the pros and cons of dating someone that much older at this time in her life. That age difference is huge at this point. In another 3 or 4 years, the age difference is negligible. But freshman and senior...huge.

I think young people need to make their own decisions, but helping them clearly see the possible consequences of their choices is a noble thing. Just make sure she understands it is her call to make.

Good luck.
0 Replies