What OCD stuff are you a prisoner of?

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 07:34 pm

(OCD = obsessive compulsive disorder)

for me, it's paper money -- the presidents all have to be facing front, right side up, and sorted by largest to smallest...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,517 • Replies: 47

roger

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 07:39 pm
@Region Philbis,
Um, as a matter of sensitivity, I believe they now call it CDO. That's alphabetical, as it should have been right from the start.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 10:33 pm
@Region Philbis,
That's considered OCD? In that case I'm fully doomed as I've settled my money that way for as long as I can remember. (I also sort with the serial-mint letters in alphabetical order and according to issue year from oldest to newest)

Since Hamilton, Franklin and Chase weren't presidents, am I to take it you just crumple them up and toss them aside? If that's the case, toss 'em over to me!
Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 10:53 pm
Here's a link to a thread that focuses on food OCD.

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 03:39 am
@Sturgis,

you are correct... however, it's rare that i get a $10 in change... i usually walk around with a bunch of Washingtons, a few Lincolns
and maybe one or two Jacksons.

i should prolly start paying for stuff with a card...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 03:42 am
@Roberta,

oh right.

OCD also stands for Obvious Cookie Dependency...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 03:57 am

pillowcases --

the opened end has to be on my left when laying down...
jespah

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 07:00 am
@Region Philbis,
No wonder I'm always waking up to the open end of your pillowcases.

My OCD these days is, I pull out the little flavor sticks for water, four per day, and leave them on the kitchen counter. As I fill up with water, I use them and of course I discard the empties.

The unused flavor sticks must be logo side up (so I can see it says 4C or whatever).
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:36 am
@Region Philbis,
Phil, my BH Enerval allows me all day here Tue and Thu so once in a while I spend 7 to 12 hours doin' this

If that ain't compulsive, then there's no compulsion

...while my BH's, who I am sure you will agree is much smarter than me, is the growing of weeds in our turtle and fish ponds. Another: I actually enjoy pullin' 'em
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:41 pm
I suppose some might see my sorting of M&Ms by color to be OCD. I always try to save the red and blue until the end...um, yes, I eat them one color at a time.

Always check the obituaries first in a paper - this goes back to high school.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 01:03 pm
OCD in certain area only:

Silverware drawer - must be clean and forks stacked according to size.

Underwear drawer - all categories stacked.

My tools in the garage. All sorted.

When I pay a bill, I tape the check carbon copy to the bill, left hand corner with number on the left also.

Otherwise, my car is a jumble of gardening tools, dirt and clippers. Lots of drawers stuffed with papers.
roger

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 01:44 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I suppose some might see my sorting of M&Ms by color to be OCD. I always try to save the red and blue until the end...um, yes, I eat them one color at a time.

But, do you put them in alphabetical order before sorting by color, or after. E&E should be first, then M&M, and finally the W&Ws.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 04:07 pm
@Region Philbis,
I refold each section of the Daily Press to make it stack neater. I even weaken the original fold to make it flatter still
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 04:59 pm
Yes, my paper money is sorted by denomination.

After I come back from shopping, I empty out all the coins from my wallet and stack them by dollars--four quarters, ten dimes, and various combinations to equal a dollar. There are usually too many steenkin' nickels.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 06:40 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Sturgis wrote:

But, do you put them in alphabetical order before sorting by color, or after. E&E should be first, then M&M, and finally the W&Ws.

Damn Roger, I didn't know what you were talking about for almost 10 minutes....I was posting on an entirely different thread before it dawned on me. You always make me laugh. ☘️
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 08:40 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote region:
Quote:
for me, it's paper money -- the presidents all have to be facing front, right side up

Until very recently, I did the same thing, only not because of OCD. Back in the seventies, when dollar change machines first came out, the portrait had to be up and the top of the head to the right to get change.

Throughout the following decades, I just kept on assuming they only work that way. It wasn't until a couple of years ago a guy behind me at the supermarket automated teller, seeing me take extra time to get the face up, said, "You can put them in either side up, it works". To my astonishment, it worked.

I wonder how many years ago the dollar change machines have been able to take either side up.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 09:52 am
@Blickers,
Likewise Blick I glue beer cans on toppa one another; but now you got me thinkin' about the matter of alignment of the labels
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 11:42 am
@roger,
You failed to ask about where I place the 3&3 Wink

Nah, I pay no mind to that most times, if I notice the coding, I try turning them over.

Other moments of possible OCD include folding aluminum foil from whatever it was wrapping and turning it into the smallest rectangle possible...

...and then pressing it tight to flatten it.

The left foot must always go first in stepping up or down a flight of stairs or a curb.
roger

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 04:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The left foot must always go first in stepping up or down a flight of stairs or a curb.

Well, of course. I do wonder if that's CDO or a matter of neurology.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2017 11:39 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis said:
Quote:

I wonder if that's OCD or the fact that as we age arthritis sets in on all our old injuries, and if the pain is not too bad the brain sort of blocks it. But when you step up, you might feel a sudden urge that one leg or hip is stronger than the other-because unconsciously, you sense it. I think that might be the case with me-I definitely dive the most work to my left leg/hip for that reason.
0 Replies