Husband said something that upset me

Gchung

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 02:29 am
Tonight husband said it's your favorite movie tonight to a movie i have never even watched before. When i said what movie is this multiple times he kept inisting its my favorite while I was cooking. But ive never even seen that movie and never mentioned it to him during our 2 year relationship. When confronted he said he is not sure what made him say it was my favorite movie. This movie is old and i said could it be one of your past girlfriends favorite and he said no. Thing is i told him in past what was my favorite movie. I am concerned and angry despite him saying sorry i said something stupid because he was so sure and kept tellimg me it is my favorite multiple times and stopped after I told him I've never even seen this movie. Sigh.
Everything was good till he said this. Now I am in really bad mood. I don't even know how this could be an honest mistake

roger

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 02:33 am
@Gchung,
It may well be a false memory. If everything else is good, I hope you can quit worrying about it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 06:44 am
@Gchung,
Whenever my husband says, "Remember when we ..." and I don't remember, I tell him he did that with his other wife.

And the reverse is true, too.

Joke about it. Seriously, if this sets you off like this, seriously consider counseling. You're going to the nuclear option awfully quickly.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 06:50 am
@Gchung,
Oh good heavens, the man made a mistake. What is the big deal?

For years I believed that purple was my wife's favorite color. I would buy her something in purple thinking I was getting something she really liked. After a number of years, she asked me why I always seemed to like getting her purple colored things. I told her it was because I knew it was her favorite color. She politely informed me that blue was her favorite color and always had been. For weeks I insisted that she had to be wrong (male ego I guess.) I couldn't imagine how I could be wrong. Until I realized that it was my sister who's favorite color was purple. Anyway, the point it, people can get an idea into their head and stubbornly keep to that idea.

My wife and I continue to joke about her "favorite" color whenever we go out and about shopping. It is now one of those funny things we share.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 08:18 am
For well over a decade, I insisted that Setanta's birthday was 2 days before it really is. Insisted. You'd think I'd eventually let him have his birthday on his birthday Rolling Eyes

Thank goodness for facebook. Now I let FB tell me when it's Set's birthday.

Luckily neither of us lets this kind of thing have any kind of meaningful effect on the relationship.

Movies, colours, birthdays ... minor blips in a relationship. Not hills to die on in a relationship.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 08:20 am
@Gchung,
Gchung wrote:
I am concerned and angry

hopefully this will be one of the funny stories you can tell about each other in the decades ahead

it really is not something to worry about and especially NOT something to become angry about
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 10:25 am
@Gchung,
You are a bad investment goodbye!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 10:38 am
@Gchung,
I agree with the others. It isn't a big deal. It could be that your favorite movie was boring or he was disinterested in it. This particular movie might seem the same dull type movie to him so he thought they were the same. Many men are basically stupid when it comes to such things.

Does it really matter in the scope of life that he got your favorite movie wrong whether it was an ex's favorite or just a dumb simple mistake.

Don't make an issue where there isn't one.
0 Replies

Gchung

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 10:48 am
@Gchung,
Can't respond to each and everyone of you guys who responded but thanks for your opinion. Maybe I did make such a big deal out of nothing. Good to hear everyone's experience too.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 12:55 pm
@Gchung,
Maybe he got the actor or actress mixed up as your favorite, not that particular movie.

Anyways... why is this eating you up? What is the REAL reason you are upset?
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 08:49 pm
@Gchung,
Definitely sounds like something to get worked up over, probably cheating, better start calling lawyers.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 04:30 pm
@Gchung,
My wonderful husband used to occasionally slip and call me "Ellen". This was his long term girlfriend before he met me. I once called him "David", although there was NO comparison, after a discussion about food..It's harmless slip. Get past it.
0 Replies