Forgivness in Infidelty

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 05:51 am
I would like to get answers on an issue regarding infidelity and forgiveness.
A lady had seen indecent photos and videos of her husbands employee on his phone. She asked about it and he gave a rather vague explanation.
The lady has moved past the incident and has also forgiven both of them but has insisted that he let the employee go. Is it out of place for her to want that? The lady also runs the business with her husband and sees the employees presence as a constant reminder.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,950 • Replies: 9

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 05:54 am
@Marienusa,
Absolutely. That would be one of the terms of the "forgiveness."
Marienusa

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 06:13 am
@PUNKEY,
Its clear that they both had something going on so why can't he respect her enough to take away the reminder?
jespah

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 06:19 am
@Marienusa,
I'm sorry your husband is being a jerk about this.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 09:30 am
@Marienusa,
Are the lady and her husband prepared to lose the business by way of a lawsuit?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 09:31 am
@Marienusa,
Marienusa wrote:
The lady has moved past the incident and has also forgiven both of them but has insisted that he let the employee go.

forgiveness means that the lady is fine with both of them. that means she has no reason to request the employee be let go.

in any case, the person who should be let go is the husband - out of the marriage. he is the one who owed fidelity to his wife - the employee did not have that relationship with the lady.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2017 09:32 am
@Marienusa,
Marienusa wrote:
why can't he respect her enough to take away the reminder?

why can't he respect her enough to leave the marriage before having a relationship with another?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 11:55 am
@Marienusa,
I am assuming you are either the wife or the employee. If not, my answer is that this is none of your concern so why run around asking strangers this question?

If you are the employee, then shame on you for sending inappropriate photos and videos to a married man. Is it out of place for the wife to want you fired? Not in my book. And depending on the state or country you are in, you may have no recourse if you are fired.

If you are the wife, well, actually I think that is the least likely here. But, you have forgiven both of them and as long as they stop and you believe he has otherwise been faithful, then let it go.
0 Replies

nina1234

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 09:50 am
@Marienusa,
you have to learn to deal with your discomfort (i'm assuming that you are the wife). Firing the employee doesn't make your husband more faithful, it makes you blind to reality. The reality is that the incident happened. That reality will never change. Learn to deal with it.. dont try to avoid the thought.. it will come back to hunt you in the future anyways. Your relationship with your husband is different now. Learn to be at peace with this new relationship. It's difficult to do, but no one said that life was easy. But trust me, it is worth it!
0 Replies

Garibaldi59

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:29 am
@Marienusa,
The husband is an unrepentent cad. Good that his wife "forgave" him, but he's done nothing it seems to repent. At the very least, he should terminate the woman involved.

On the other hand, if he really doesn't love his wife and refuses to take responsibility for his actions, then he should keep the candy jar very close for whenever he wants to grab some.
0 Replies