Nightclub Strategy

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:49 pm
I get the shirt, I think, but not your reference to it. Maybe I get neither.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:53 pm
"I'm Huge in Japan," with a Japanese character on it. The character means "big dick."

I almost ordered that shirt a few months ago, I think it's hilarious. Too bad I didn't have it when I dated the Japanese girl. I could have worn it the day I met her sister who came to visit her from Japan.

Funny thing, it was summer and I had a fairly tight shirt on, she thought I was so jacked. Tried telling her I'm like a Somalian in Boston. Guys there really are little runts, I guess.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:54 pm
Oh, you thought he was being a dick?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:59 pm
WHAT!

Haha, you're so lost.

No, the Japanese character means "big dick," as in "I have a big dick." This coincides with "I'm huge in Japan." The "huge" part refers to the penis.

Get it...so you see the shirt, read the English part, and think "huge" means physical size, because Japanese guys are short. A Japanese person sees it, doesn't understand the English part, and reads "big dick," which means penis.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:04 pm
And it's ironic why? That's the part I'm not getting.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:08 pm
Oh, I was saying maybe he was upset becuase he figured out it was ironic that HE was wearing a shirt that says "big dick" on it, referring to him being pissed about having a small penis.

Dumb jokes are even dumber when you have to explain.

But I amuse myself.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:09 pm
right. ok. got it. <phew>.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:14 pm
Was wasting the last 2 pages of this thread over a dumb tshirt as good for you, as it was for me?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:15 pm
oh yeah baby.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:06 pm
littlek wrote:
Haven't I what? Hung out at nightclubs? Yes, I have. I used to bartend in a town full of them. It's not really my idea of fun. I do like watching live music, but other than that, it's all too loud, too crowded - makes me edgy.
I pretty much feel the same way now myself... I think it's phase people go through (oh, and I don't really care for live music). Sometimes, when I'm feeling lonely, need an ego-boost, or just feel like a change of pace I still head out to the Clubs. It's all about the mood and your current circumstances I guess. I think it's important that Australia learns the ropes, too. Or, more accurately, learns there's nothing to it. Like NIKE says: just do it!

sublime1 wrote:
OB if you make your way back to the heartland you can be my wingman.
I work alone. :wink: But having been a sales manager most of my adult life, I can probably steer you in the right direction and I sure don't mind answering questions. I've had lots of them answered on A2K myself.

Slappy wrote:
You want this stuff to fall into place naturally, not learning how to meet people by making up stories and using "lines."
This is worth repeating. Stupid chicks can be fun, too, but worthwhile people have liar-filters just like you do... or should. Idea Most people who think they couldn't be good at sales or think they're no good at meeting people are just shy. Get over it by saying hello to every person you see (within reason). If you're at your worst, when it matters most, that's not unusual. Thinking it's a permenent defect is. The more you practice, the better you'll get. The Slapster there sounds like an expert. Something tells me it isn't really used cars he sells.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:15 pm
Occom, I made the jump from car sales to outside sales earlier this year...handle 6 states, quite the outside sales job for a 1st timer. Absolutely love it. Big difference, car sales was focused more on "close close close," this job adds the element of getting in the door/setting appointments with executive-level clients, then closing.

I prefer approaching women alone too. Well I have one friend that's awesome to go out with, other than that I don't trust most my other friends with half the dumb crap that comes out their mouths, or the fact they don't say a word.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:28 pm
Congrats on the career change. Sounds like you haven't learned to hate the gate-keepers yet... put it off as long as possible! Razz
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I prefer approaching women alone too. Well I have one friend that's awesome to go out with, other than that I don't trust most my other friends with half the dumb crap that comes out their mouths, or the fact they don't say a word.
I hear ya bro. I have one business acquaintance/friend that always wants to go to the same club, fronts flat out phenomenally and then falls face down in closing. Talks so far beyond the point of sale you'd think he's Bullshittin when he asks what you think his chances are. Shocked Aggravating as hell too, because if he was open to just a tiny bit of constructive criticism, he'd be the mack in no time both in business and with girls.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:47 pm
Yup, I don't even bother telling my friends what they do wrong anymore. Some just don't get it. Some get it a little, but don't progress.

Last night my buddy got this girl's number. She was gorgeous, and extremely cool. Great sense of humor, ect. We were all part of a group barhopping. He got her number at the first bar, he got that part right. We run into her again at the end of the night, and she's hanging out with a couple of other guys, and we see her exchange numbers with some guy. Big deal, right? I would care less if I was him. I think he was kind of pissed, and said some stupid wisecrack to her when she came over to say goodby. She rolled her eyes and walked away.

He says to me, after I asked him if he was going to call her, "probably not....I could care less."

Uh, yea, you're supposed to care less, but not do it like an idiot.

The point, it's good to be sarcastic in a funny way, not insulting.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 11:04 pm
Laughing What an idiot. How do you get jealous about someone you haven't even dated yet? I suspect it won't make much difference if he calls or not. Idea Now, that sounds like someone who should be going for one-call-closes exclusively! (help reduce the odds of stepping on his own dick between sale and delivery).
0 Replies

australia

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:07 am
Sometimes it is good to find your niche in the market and service your target market in the niche, rather than try to mass market. This is my theory anyway.
0 Replies