Nightclub Strategy

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 08:24 pm
No, it wouldn't work. Brazil is the only country where the girls approach the guys. Every other country is the other way around.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:10 am
Man, I want to go to Brazil badly. I love South American women. Plus I've got some Brazillian friends, and all they can say about Brazil is how great it is.

And Tokyo. I heard the Japanese women love American guys.

Two places I want to vacation before I'm the "creepy old guy" at the bar.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:13 am
Too late, dude...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:17 am
SHUDDUP.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:20 am
:-D
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:24 am
Speaking of nightclubs, both my roomates took off for Miami this morning, while I'm freezing my assnballs off in New England.

Can't really complain, I could have gone, but wasn't a good time.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:33 pm
Slappy, The northern cities of Brazil like Fortaleza and Natal have 10 women for every available guy. If you go to a party, by the end of the night there might be two women fighting amongst themselves for you. And I am an ugly bastard haha, so you will absolutely dominate there.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 09:31 pm
Costa Rica too. Blue eyed blond? You'd stand out like a god. The people are crazy friendly, too.
Slappy, strangely enough, has steered you quite straight… accept for that weak phone number business. At a night club Slappy? Get out your naughtiest smile and repeat after me; "are you ready to get out of here?"(Silence! Do not say a word until she answers.) If she accuses you of anything that isn't creepy, agree (and keep up the smile). If she tries turning into a "what do you think I am?" take it away from her (the tactic I mean- oh, you're pretty sure of yourself aren't ya? I was just going to offer you a ride home. Now I don't know if I can trust you). Where Slappy is dead on, is you better have made her laugh. You won't be meeting Misses Right at a nightclub, so focus in on Misses Right-now. :wink: Shake that ass, smile at everyone and say hello to every attractive woman in the place. Ugly bastards hear a lot more no's in between yes's, but that doesn't mean you can't get through a whole set in one night. Ladies are almost invariably flattered when you show interest, whether they're interested or not. Don't be creepy or a sore loser... it's no big deal to hear no, no thank you or even drop dead you arrogant cheese loving, balding bastard. Shocked Take 3 seconds... get over it and try again.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 09:59 pm
Maybe it is all just mathematics and the theory of probability. If the probability of picking up is 1 out of 100, then approach 100 women and you should get one.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:19 pm
Let there be no doubt in your mind. That is precisely how it works. 100 is probably a bit of a stretch, even for an ugly bastard, but that is the theory in a nutshell. You can spread your no's out over hours, days, weeks, months or for some shmucks even yearsShocked. That part is a matter of choice. How long do you like to go in between?

Ask any "stud" you know... I promise you he hears "no" more often than not... ALL predators fail more often than not. The smart ones make sure they hunt often enough to eat. Idea There's no magic words, just lots of trial and error.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 11:42 pm
Haha love the analogies!
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:08 am
What is florida like bill? Every movie I have seen with Florida in it, it looks like a paradise. And there are heaps of south/central american people who live there so lots of beautiful women. Nice beaches, sunny, what more can you want? Is cost of living high?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 02:45 am
australia wrote:
What is florida like bill? Every movie I have seen with Florida in it, it looks like a paradise. And there are heaps of south/central american people who live there so lots of beautiful women. Nice beaches, sunny, what more can you want? Is cost of living high?
Florida's okay. I'm getting a little tired of it really. The weather is as good as it gets in the United States. The beaches are beautiful and stretch hundreds of miles and the water is warm. Lots of beautiful women, from all over the world really, but especially from the Americas... and Caribbean Islands. What little culture it has, is borrowed from New York as until 100 years ago almost no one lived here. You could probably get by on $25,000 a year, but I don't think you'd really enjoy it for less than $50,000. If you're upscale, the sky's the limit... you could spend millions on an apartment, let alone one of the island mansions. "What more can you want?". For starters, more scenery. 98% of the state is flat as a board. The highest hill in most cities is a man-made bridge. The palm tree lined ocean is mesmerizing for a year or so, but then this Wisconsin boy started missing real trees, hills and valleys. I couldn't really recommend it as lately I'm thinking more and more about leaving myself. Costa Rica will get you even better weather, extraordinary scenery, extraordinary people, all for about 20 cents on the dollar. It's a much better choice for retirement. That's where I'm going when I can.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 02:59 am
I have been to Costa Rica. It is expensive as well in some parts, mainly because of a lot of americans retire there. The good thing about Costa Rica is that for a latin american country, it has virtually no violence. It doesn't even have an army. The living standrards are pretty good too. And there are different cultures, you can go to a place like Limon on the carribean sea which is something like Jamaica.

I am always amazed it has no army with neighbours like nicargua and el salvador.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 03:12 am
Costa Rica's army was abolished in December 1948 after anti-Government forces took over following a dispute of the presidential election results.
Therefore their "Abolition of the Armed Forces Day" on December 1.

However, they have got a Coast Guard(including an Air Section), the Ministry of Public Security Force (Fuerza Publica), as well as Civil Guard, Rural Assistance Guard, and Frontier Guards as separate entities plus private guard troops hired by the Ministry.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 04:09 am
You are like a walking encyclopedia Walter haha. It is good having you on A2K, you answer all of my questions.

It is a great country Costa Rica. My favourite is Brazil although Brazil is more risky to live because of violence. Costa Rica has litle violence in comparison.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:11 am
[A distant uncle used to be (Honorary) Consul General in Costa Rica years back.]
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:23 am
Went out last night, and did was Bill was telling you to: just talk to every woman. I got one number, definitely could have had 2(but was being picky), and kind of pussed out on asking for another. Walk up, say hello, start joking around, if no intrest move on.

Australia, here's a perfect example of how confidence is attractive. Last night talking to this chick, I told her something I did was a turn on, joking. She replied, "no, what the turn-on is, is that you just don't care." I immediately said, "that's right, now gimmie your number, we're hanging out." Got a little eyebrow raise, and a laugh, and worked. Of course I lost my cell phone later at some point last night.

Sorry Bill, didn't go for the right-now approach...you still gotta read people, and it wasn't the right situation. Still early, and there were other women to hit on. I don't disagree with you, though. I do go for that sometimes, too. One of my friends is great at taking home women he just met.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 11:36 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Sorry Bill, didn't go for the right-now approach...you still gotta read people, and it wasn't the right situation. Still early, and there were other women to hit on. I don't disagree with you, though. I do go for that sometimes, too. One of my friends is great at taking home women he just met.
Of course no two moments are alike, why apologize? (accept maybe to "mini-me" Razz )? Your strategy sounds sound enough. There's no fundamental difference between take-home Vs. telephone. Surely the number is easier to get, but your eventual closing numbers are probably about the same. A number isn't necessarily even a date… which is still well short of most of our night club goals. (I should point out for foreigner's that Night Club only means Discothèque, here in the States :wink:). If I'm selling cars, I don't want my prospect's phone number and promise to "do business". Whenever possible, I'm selling that car right now.

IMO, Nightclubs most closely resemble a sales environment, which is probably why we both seem to apply the same ancient sales techniques:
Law of Large numbers: More contacts = More closes.
Who cares?: People don't buy from people who seem desperate to sell, so act like you couldn't care less.
ABC (Always Be Closing): Since we can't always tell when, or how long a window or opportunity will remain, open, trial-close constantly. Example "How's that sound?", "you'd like that, wouldn't you?" or my personal favorite "Wouldn't you like to know". Pretty much any question that allows you to check interest... and preferably calls for an affirmative.
Shut-up: Wait for an answer to your questions, listen and for god's sake don't talk beyond the point of sale. Many prospects will tell you exactly what they want, if you only listen. (For the truth, not necessarily their words).
KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid): Don't get bogged down in product detail. (boring)

I can hardly think of a sales metaphor that doesn't apply, at a nightclub at least. Oh, here's another
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :wink: While we all hate that pushy used-car salesman... every would-be salesman needs to realize that his paycheck dwarves that of the friendly order-taker you like better.

Okay, I thought of one that doesn't work: Laughing
Law of 7 No's: Most customers will say yes or be long gone before they ever get to 7 no's, or so says some much fabled, probably imaginary shrink's study, that found that a significant portion of humans are utterly incapable of saying No more than 7 times, so don't let the word discourage you. This isn't altogether useless, but when it comes to personal space NO means NO... first time. :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 03:06 pm
Sales techniques apply to so many things in life.

Another sales related aspect in meeting women is forcing yourself to go out of your "comfort zone."

For example, right now, you might not be comfortable walking up to a woman cold. Or maybe you are, but you're not comfortable asking for a number. You have to force yourself to go outside your comfort zone, so you'll improve, and it'll eventually become second nature.

I used to get really nervous about simply walking up and saying hello to a female. But I started forcing myself to do it, basically practicing. Think of it: what is the worst thing that can happen? NOTHING. Nothing bad can come of trying to talk to somebody, so in reality there's nothing you should be afraid of, but a lot of people are.

Like sales, constant work in progress and improvement.
0 Replies