Nightclub Strategy

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 04:41 pm
The only possible bad scenario, is that the girl has a 7 foot gorilla of a boyfriend sitting at the bar watching her.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 06:37 pm
How would your approaches differ if you were at a neighborhood bar as opposed to a nightclub. I have no trouble approaching miss right now at clubs. But the bar is a different animal all together. And i'm sorry to say starting to look for something longer than a weekend relationship.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 06:44 pm
You are a few levels ahead of me sublime. I am still trying to master the nightclub stage.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 06:46 pm
why bother mastering the nightclub scene?
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 06:49 pm
Something to do!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 06:52 pm
okiedokie.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 07:27 pm
Come on Littlek, we all do eventually. Haven't you? Sometimes it's just fun!

sublime1 wrote:
How would your approaches differ if you were at a neighborhood bar as opposed to a nightclub. I have no trouble approaching miss right now at clubs. But the bar is a different animal all together. And i'm sorry to say starting to look for something longer than a weekend relationship.

Integrity, integrity, integrity. (Not to be confused with honesty. Idea Don't lie, but you don't have to tell everything you know, either.) Same basic principles apply for attraction, but now you need to avoid getting a rep. Choose your shots better. Only hit on girls you're pretty sure you're interested in, but be very friendly with everyone. Regular crowds are horrible sewing circles so make sure they only have nice things to say about you. Keep your trial closes dual purpose. What I mean by that, is instead of letting your eyes, body language and demeanor betray your intentions like you would at a night club, don't give away your intentions until the last possible moment. Make friends with the girl you like, perhaps even tell her that's your interest. Let her wonder if you really like her more or not. Not only does this stir up the age old desires of cat & mouse, it protects your reputation (for a while anyway :wink:) from becoming one of a horn dog.

Biggest mistake I see guys make, just like sales people, is still getting hung up on that perfect prospect. If she doesn't like you, moving mountains won't help. Get over it.

Another lesson from sales:
When assessing your technique, pay no attention whatsoever to the hundreds or thousands of turndowns. The only way to truly know if your prospect was even qualified, let alone interested, is if she buys. You don't know if she's married, has a boy friend, has aids, likes girls or anything else about her. She may have reasons to not go out with you that have nothing to do with you, so don't let her discourage you one iota. Instead, focus on your successes and assess what you did right... and what you think you could have done better in those relationships because that's the only time you know it had anything to do with you and/or your technique. The best salesman on earth can get 100 turndowns in a row. He learns nothing from this.

Copy what works: If you know someone who's advanced at something you want to be good at, put your pride aside and emulate him until you figure out his secrets. Works in everything from sales to chess, so why not the single scene?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 07:30 pm
Haven't I what? Hung out at nightclubs? Yes, I have. I used to bartend in a town full of them. It's not really my idea of fun. I do like watching live music, but other than that, it's all too loud, too crowded - makes me edgy.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 07:50 pm
Quote:
Biggest mistake I see guys make, just like sales people, is still getting hung up on that perfect prospect.

Guilty as charged

Quote:
Choose your shots better. Only hit on girls you're pretty sure you're interested in

But also a fine line to walk.

At the bar I frequent that is the tough part, Finding the right girl to talk to, but also not approaching every girl who walks in, otherwise you quickly become known as "that guy"
OB if you make your way back to the heartland you can be my wingman.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 07:57 pm
About the boyfriend thing...obviously you don't want to walk up and hit on a girl who looks like she's with her boyfriend.

However, when you're at a bar, and you want to talk to a girl, you have to really not give a fvck what happens. Just take the attitude that you're just a friendly person meeting someone. Like Bill's saying, you're going to get rejected: some girls have boyfriends, some aren't attracted to you, and some are just miserable. Don't worry about them.

And what the hell are you guys talking about with "nightclub stage" vs. "bar stage?" They're not stages! They're women! If you're social and have no problem meeting people, it doesn't really matter where you are. Nightclubs can be hard as hell to meet people, because they're so loud. I do much better at regular bars.

Australia, do you often approach women, or are you a wallflower? Don't want to get too far ahead of you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:01 pm
For example. At a party last week, Slappy was chatting up a hottie when her husband walked up looking a little peeved. Now, whether he was peeved that Slappy was chatting her up, or because he was overly-ready to split the party, I dunno. But, Slappy included him in the convo, and said good bye to both of them when they left him. I thought it was seemlessly smooth and I was impressed.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:04 pm
I just did a long post on this subject and posted it and it disappeared. Thats a total mystery. I can't be bothered re writing it
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:07 pm
I thought I lost a post tonight too..... not long (or important) though.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:09 pm
I read in a magazine where this puerto rican guy has the world record for the most pick ups at a nightclub.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:16 pm
Littlek, are you talking about the guy with dreads and the "I'm Huge in Japan" t-shirt? I talked to him earlier in the living room, I don't see how he would have been peeved. But yea, I wasn't "hitting" on anyone...I just talk to people, flirt because that's my personality, and go from there.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:20 pm
I was, maybe he was just ready to go. He was peeved about something.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:22 pm
Maybe he finally figured out by him wearing that t-shirt, was extremely ironic.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:23 pm
Quote:
And what the hell are you guys talking about with "nightclub stage" vs. "bar stage?" They're not stages! They're women!

No argument there.

But the quality or at the very least, type of women differs from one to the other. I think the approach should also vary.

Nightclubs may be loud but they are also dark so you can hit on every girl in the place in relative anonymity, whereas at a bar girls are seeing that they are your fourth or fifth choice.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:23 pm
He wasn't that huge.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:46 pm
Littlek, I'm not sure if you're referring you've had sex with him, or you don't get the shirt.

Sublime, the thing is, you don't want to "vary your approach." You want this stuff to fall into place naturally, not learning how to meet people by making up stories and using "lines."

Whether you're in a nightclub, bar, or a store somewhere, it doesn't matter.

I know what you mean by being in a small bar. You don't want to be "that guy" in a bad way, but you can be it in a good way. Be that guy, who's having fun, and has no problems meeting people. When you walk by a girl, say hi and keep walking. Then go back, then leave her. She'll see you're social, and that you don't really need her company. Believe me, being around other women makes you more attractive. This is something a lot of people don't understand. You're only going to come across like a player if you're seriously being a sleazeball.

If you see a chick you're really interested in, then try to get a convo going with her, and close the deal as soon as you can, whatever your idea of "the deal" is.
0 Replies