Girlfriend asking for too much?

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 11:20 am
I'll try to keep this short, the question is "Am I wrong to think that she is only out for herself?
Facts:
We're both in our 30's, have been dating since last November, she has 2 kids(2 different dad's not me), she's Latina and I'm white, with no kids. I pay for everything, from food to any repairs she or her kids need, she uses her income for her only.

Recently sold my house and offered to buy her house cash to insure no other buyers would get it, I currently own that home now which I say is hers. I asked if she would consider marrying me, her answer was " if I marry you, I want the house in my name only on the deed and not have to buy it from you. I asked her why not both of us on the deed, she said that if we get a divorce I don't want to lose the house or money (equity).

Is this crazy or rational for me to do? I would love to but I would be giving her over $200,000. Thoughts?

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 11:23 am
She's made the business deal. She gets the elevator, you get the shaft.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 11:30 am
@Newguy000,
Are you crazy?

Keep your money out of her budget stream.

You can pay for the occasional date. The rest of her expenses are up to her.

Why in the world would you want to marry someone whóse primary interest in you appears to be financial?

There is no reason for anyone to assume that finances should/will be merged after (or before ) marriage.

Cut off the money tap now!

____

and yanno - for free - it doesn't matter what colour anyone is - that is not relevant to the situation.
centrox

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 11:59 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Are you crazy? Cut off the money tap now!

Like ehBeth says...
Are you crazy? Cut off the money tap now!
0 Replies