Interesting Take On Hitler / Religion/ Bush By M. Farrell

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:45 pm
Your missing the point of the argument. But your entitled to your opinion. Just don't complain and whinge if there are suicide bombers.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 02:58 am
no. i didn't miss the point at all. the point is to quit screwing around with the whole iraq fiasco, kill bin laden, control the borders using the rules and regulations on the books. but that's not happening because the corporates types and sweatshop owners in america love the cheap labor. they say that they have to employee these people because americans "just don't want to do the work". bull-oney. americans will do the work, but they expect to be paid a living wage and are unwilling to put up with the fear factor and submission that can be inflicted on an illegal alien.

what you advocate is, "hey ! stop that sand n***er !" i don't fool myself for a minute that there aren't extremists, of all kinds, that want to kill americans and sink the usa. but i am not going to stand by and screw everything that america was founded upon, fought and died for, and has the potential of becoming in the future, not because i'm afraid of a jerk with a bomb, for damn sure..

and the point that you missed is that there is no way for me to know that the next time you enter the u.s., you won't have a jar of plastic explosive with a label reading "vegimite". how do i know that you don't hate the u.s. ? because you say so?

violence does not come in colors, it comes packaged in beliefs.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:04 am
When there are real life examples of " australians taking bombs in their vegemite" I will respond.

As to the iraq thing, I think you are confusing me with someone else. I have never argued for the war against iraq. My only concern is for USA to be protected against terrorists. And I thought that profiling is a practical way to reduce the rsik. But you are entitled to your opinion. It is your country.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:01 am
I seem to recall we did some serious ethnic profiling not too long ago. As a result of this xenophobic action, a whole bunch of perfectly loyal, perfectly patriotic Americans ended up in what amounts to concentration camps just because they happened to be of Japanese descent. Are you fellows suggesting we repeat that mistake and do something similar now with everyone who happens to be a Muslim?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:01 am
australia wrote:
When there are real life examples of " australians taking bombs in their vegemite" I will respond.

that's a cop out. previous to the '90s, we never thought that an islamist would drive a van full of crap into the wtc parking structure. until oklahoma, we never thought that a veteran, right wing extremist would blow up a government building.

australia wrote:
As to the iraq thing, I think you are confusing me with someone else. I have never argued for the war against iraq. My only concern is for USA to be protected against terrorists. And I thought that profiling is a practical way to reduce the rsik. But you are entitled to your opinion. It is your country.

but you still don't get what i'm saying to you. profiling is an inexact science. living in a big city, i've come to learn that the better cops are more likely to tune in on behavior rather than color or appearance.

and yes, it's my country and i have the right to my opinion. and of course i don't want anymore mayhem. i would not be against you coming, or living here. well as long as you were not carrying any "men at work" cds. ac/dc is okay though. :wink:

but rather than racial profiling, we have had rules, regulations and laws regarding immigration on the books for over a century... following laws is fair to evryone and american, bigotry is not.

they just are not being adhered to because of an over arching interest in profit.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:07 am
Yes, but you know what I am saying. Extremist muslims are the country's biggest threat in this climate. Now surely, as a responsible government you should take steps to reduce this risk. I am not saying that you should lock all muslims up. That is ridicoulous. But I would reduce muslim immigration in this present climate. It is not fair to the innocent ones, but first priority is safety of your people.

As I said before, it is the extreme loony minority that make it hard for the innocent ones. But, unless there is a mind reading computer chip invented, what is another more practical solution?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:42 am
Isn't it the liberal camp that says we should learn from history? That we should look at previous lessons to guide us into the future?

How many of the homicide bombers and terrorists that have been perpetrating attacks in the last 30 years been middle eastern men between the ages of 15 and 40?

How many have been older, caucasion women between the ages of 45 and 80?

How many have been Indian men between the ages of 15 and 40?

How many have been Iraish children between the ages of 10 and 18?

How many have been Japanese women between 20 and 40?

How many have been caucasion men between the ages of 15 and 40?

I think you get my point, at least I hope you do.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:57 pm
It is a brilliant point mc gentrix. It is the point I have been making all the time.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 02:14 pm
I live in the Northwoods. I have a few chickens. The forrests surroundin' me are home to lotsa critters. I f I start missin' chickens, and start to find bloody piles of feathers, I'm gonna be a helluva lot more suspicious of martens, fishers, fox, badgers, racoons, and coyotes than of squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, woodchucks, and meadow mice. 'Specially if there's pawprints or fur tufts to narrow down the suspect list.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 12:31 am
McGentrix wrote:
Isn't it the liberal camp that says we should learn from history? That we should look at previous lessons to guide us into the future?

How many of the homicide bombers and terrorists that have been perpetrating attacks in the last 30 years been middle eastern men between the ages of 15 and 40?

How many have been older, caucasion women between the ages of 45 and 80?

How many have been Indian men between the ages of 15 and 40?

How many have been Iraish children between the ages of 10 and 18?

How many have been Japanese women between 20 and 40?

How many have been caucasion men between the ages of 15 and 40?

I think you get my point, at least I hope you do.

You must not fly that much McG, because there IS profiling that goes on. No matter what anyone says.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:47 pm
Yes, and that is a good thing. Peoples lives are more important than upsetting a few people.
0 Replies