Interesting Take On Hitler / Religion/ Bush By M. Farrell

gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:31 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
australia, there are a number of places in America where you wouldn't be safe with one of those either. Some Detroit suburbs come to mind as well as several neighborhoods in Harlem and other African-American enclaves in major cities.

Amongst the things in this world which do not compute or make any kind of sense to me, the idea of a black person wanting to be a muslim is real close to the top of the list. You'd think that any sort of contact with history books would cure the condition.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:41 pm
Rolling Eyes If you added christian to that list you might come off sounding intelectually honest even if you'd still be nuts.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:13 pm
Gungasnake, why do a lot of muslims believe that if you die killing infidels, you go to allah heaven with 100 virgins? How can they be so stupid in this day and age?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 02:13 am
australia wrote:
How can they be so stupid in this day and age?

that could be said about a lot of things people have faith in.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:10 am
Name me one thing as loony as that. I mean, even if you get 100 virgins, what are you going to do with them? Your penis has been blown into a million bits by the bomb they used.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:28 am
australia wrote:
Name me one thing as loony as that. I mean, even if you get 100 virgins, what are you going to do with them? Your penis has been blown into a million bits by the bomb they used.

"god is on our side".
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:55 am
Who says that?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:57 am
australia wrote:
Who says that?

don't be coy. it doesn't work with me. :wink:
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 05:39 am
gungasnake wrote:
Amongst the things in this world which do not compute or make any kind of sense to me, the idea of a black person wanting to be a muslim is real close to the top of the list. You'd think that any sort of contact with history books would cure the condition.

That remark would seem to indicate a rather large gap in the commentator's familiarity with either history or geography, to say nothing of philosophy ... all of which would, of course, explain why that individual might have difficulty coming to grips with the concept.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 05:59 am
Where is the gunga legend?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 06:01 am
Quite a few times now that I agree with timber here in the 'politic category'.

The icon " Shocked ", however, is related to the other response:

some people must have missed a lot of classes in school, and no-one told them to repeat the lessons.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:05 am
timberlandko wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

That remark would seem to indicate a rather large gap in the commentator's familiarity with either history or geography, to say nothing of philosophy ... all of which would, of course, explain why that individual might have difficulty coming to grips with the concept.

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA...

I mean, when you do google searches on 'christianity' and slavery you'll turn up articles indicating that the British navy closed down the slave trade on west Africa in the early 1800s and that slavery persisted in America and Russia (serfdom) until the mid 1860s when it was abolished.

Do a search on 'islam' and 'slavery' and you get advertisements, "Ali's Slave Market, Corner of 16'th and ...", or "Maxmoud's Slave Girls, We Won't be Undersold".

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/slavery.htm

Quote:

ABSTRACT

Islam institutionalized slavery. Muhammad began to take slaves after he moved to Medina, and had power. Slaves were usually taken in raids on nearby Arab tribes, or war, either through offensive or defensive actions. Islam allows the taking of slaves as "booty", or reward for fighting. This has led to numerous "jihads" by Muslim states and tribes to attack other non-Muslim groups and obtain slaves. Islamic jurisprudence laid down regulations for the proper treatment of slaves. However, abuses have occurred throughout history.

INTRODUCTION

The West is familiar with the history of slavery in the new world. It was sinful and terrible, and it lasted for several hundred years. And it was abolished mainly through the efforts of Christians in England (Wilberforce, Clarkson) and America (the Abolitionists, primarily Protestant).

However, few people in the west know about Islam and slavery. Most would be surprised that Islam authorizes the taking of slaves as spoils of war. From the days that Muhammad drew his sword to rob and conquer non-Muslims to this very day, Muslims have been taking non-Muslims, and even other black Muslims, as slaves.

Muslims were enslaving black Africans long before any slave ships sailed for the New World. Muslims were taking and making slaves all over the lands they had conquered. Later, when slave ships were loaded with black slaves, often, a Muslim slave broker had the human cargo all ready to go. The white Southerners rarely had to go into inland to capture slaves, they were already waiting there, courtesy of some Muslim ruler, and/or slave broker! In many cases, if the black slaves were not sent to the New World, they were sent to the Mideast to be enslaved by Arabs, or kept by other black Muslims as slaves....

Read the whole thing and educate yourself.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:11 am
The Condemnation of Slavery in Islam

Among many other misconceptions about Islamic is the notion that it gives sanction to slavery and permits its followers to enslave prisoners of war, particularly women and establish extra-marital relations with them. We strongly affirm that Islam has not the slightest link with slavery and concubinage. On the contrary, it completely forbids these practices. It is quite outrageous to associate such barbarities with a religion revealed to upgrade humanity.

Follow link for more.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:22 am
McGentrix wrote:
The Condemnation of Slavery in Islam

Among many other misconceptions about Islamic is the notion that it gives sanction to slavery and permits its followers to enslave prisoners of war, particularly women and establish extra-marital relations with them. We strongly affirm that Islam has not the slightest link with slavery and concubinage. On the contrary, it completely forbids these practices. It is quite outrageous to associate such barbarities with a religion revealed to upgrade humanity.

Follow link for more.

The guy's basically a liar. Slavery is still practiced in the islammic world.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:23 am
Where?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:38 am
McGentrix wrote:
Where?

In Sudan for one. Of course by normal standards, all women in Saudi Arabia could be viewed as slaves.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:55 am
What is happening in Sudan is hardly to be blamed on Islam, rather it should be blamed on the warlords perpetrating the crimes.

It's the equivalent of saying that our actions in Iraq are to be blamed on Christianity.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:47 am
Gunga,

You're pretty bigoted, yaknow? Do you know a single muslim person? Have you been to the middle east?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:13 pm
McGentrix wrote:
What is happening in Sudan is hardly to be blamed on Islam, rather it should be blamed on the warlords perpetrating the crimes.

It's the equivalent of saying that our actions in Iraq are to be blamed on Christianity.

proud of ya mcg. :wink:
0 Replies

primergray

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 01:01 pm
Gungasnake is actually correct in his opinion on slavery in the present-day Islamic world, though I don't know if the phenomenon can be blamed on the faith itself or not. Certainly slavery has existed in non-Muslim cultures thoughout history. It seems to be just another nasty element of the human condition.

And, dear readers, do not underestimate Gungasnake. His is both intelligent and well-educated, perhaps even prescient - he predicted 9-11. Too bad no one was listening.

That being said, I perceive him to be a rather warped individual, but I guess it takes one to know one.
0 Replies