bush Is Talking Right Now At Camp Pendleton

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 10:28 pm
Nothing in Google news to i.d. the source of that striking wardrobe item, though it's described in a couple of articles.

Lots on Google news about what Mr. Bush was talking about.

Quote:
Bush did not repeat his assertions from September about nearly 100,000 "fully trained and equipped" Iraqi soldiers, police officers and other security personnel being on the job.

Bush said his goal was to "help the Iraqi government build a force that no longer needs coalition support so they can defend their own nation. And then American soldiers and Marines can come home".

But Bush offered no timetables one day after Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said he hoped U.S. troops would be pulled out of Iraq in the next four years.

reuters
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 12:46 am
He had a "George W. Bush, Governor" jacket during his tenure here in Texas. Does he forget his job and need to reminded?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:31 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Perhaps its more a matter of not being aware of the origins of the jacket more so than lacking a "high level of discourse" (which one would think would be ameliorated by avoiding gratuitous jabs).

No it's more of a "Let's always think the worse about Bush because we do not like him" matter, rather than not being aware. That is what I was referring to. Always being in a rush to pass judgement instead of waiting for the facts to come out.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:41 am
Well, I'm waiting for those facts, McG. Why not just link to where you read that the jacket was made by an Iraq widow? It's not like this thread is nasty. Maybe you are being a little sensitive?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:43 am
Let's don't get in a snit here girls. If the jacket was handed to bush on agolden platter by Jesus Christ he still looked goofy in it. That's all.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:43 am
While we're busy thinking the worst of poor George we can add this to our paranoia files.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/hillwork/bigbush.jpg
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 04:54 pm
McGentrix wrote:
One of the Camp Pendleton wife support group for soldiers that died in Iraq made that jacket and gifted it to George Bush. It would be bad form for him not to have worn it.

It's good to see the high level of discourse here hasn't changed...

Quote:
During his visit, Mr. Bush wore a specially tailored Marine tanker jacket, the all-purpose, all-weather jacket for officers and enlisted men, said Maj. Jason Johnston, a Marine spokesman. Mr. Bush's jacket had custom touches like his name and designation as commander in chief embroidered across the front.

Standard issue isn't it then, just the custom touches added?

F*cking hell - whenever I saw one of the Sth American/Middle-Eastern tinpot dictators dressed up in their 'military' costumes I just used to want to HURL! Leader of the 'Free World', but just reminding you that we will extend our military might where-ever and when-ever we feel like it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:08 am
It's enough that they've practically changed the title of President to Commander in Chief. That's what's on his jacket. How about president of the United States? I know I'm paranoid but this emphasis on the president as the commander of the military is really starting to creep me out.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:24 am
just starting huh? better late than never.... Razz
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:37 am
Um, that's his job... The military has great respect for Bush, unlike his predecessor and his so called wife...

Anyone know army sign language?

http://www.geekswithguns.com/images/funny/coercion_large.jpg
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:02 pm
Yeah those guys talking to Rumsfeld yesterday sounded real respectful about the bush gang....worshipful almost... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 01:25 pm
The military generally doesn't like the Clintons because Clinton was in charge when their budget was cut. I do think it funny that the Republican Congress gets credit for balancing the budget, but Clinton gets to wear the albatross of budget cuts around his neck.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 01:38 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
The military generally doesn't like the Clintons because Clinton was in charge when their budget was cut. I do think it funny that the Republican Congress gets credit for balancing the budget, but Clinton gets to wear the albatross of budget cuts around his neck.

I dont know why that surprises you...it's what they've been told to believe
and that's what makes good miltary...unquestioning obedience.... it's what they're trained for..... only way to produce a killing machine...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 01:47 pm
It doesn't really surprise me.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:21 pm
I gotta say, it's just kinda weird to watch a grown man put on costumes and parade around with real heroes:

http://www.bartcop.com/costumeboy.jpg

He's being a creep, really.

Central to American military tradition is the understanding that the military is under civilian authority, and at the head of that civilian authority is the President as Commander in Chief.

I believe the only time in American history a sitting President wore a military uniform was in 1794, when President George Washington put on a uniform and rode with militia to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. Since then, even Presidents who entered the White House after a professional military career (e.g., Grant, Eisenhower) never wore a uniform or anything suggestive of a uniform while serving as President. Certainly other wartime presidents -- Lincoln, Wilson, Roosevelt -- didn't strut around in uniforms. Nor did Presidents who had distinguished military service -- Kennedy, Carter, and even Bush's own father.

Heads of state of banana republics, or totalitarian dictators, swagger around in military uniforms. Saddam. Quaddafi. Noriega. Kim Jung-Il.

Not Presidents of the United States.

It's just wrong.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:26 pm
It's a jacket with the seal of the president on it. It's not wrong.

Pdid, if that were you, you'd probably have five stars on each shoulder lapel.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:29 pm
PDiddie wrote:
I gotta say, it's just kinda weird to watch a grown man put on costumes and parade around with real heroes:

http://www.bartcop.com/costumeboy.jpg

He's being a creep, really.

Central to American military tradition is the understanding that the military is under civilian authority, and at the head of that civilian authority is the President as Commander in Chief.

I believe the only time in American history a sitting President wore a military uniform was in 1794, when President George Washington put on a uniform and rode with militia to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. Since then, even Presidents who entered the White House after a professional military career (e.g., Grant, Eisenhower) never wore a uniform or anything suggestive of a uniform while serving as President. Certainly other wartime presidents -- Lincoln, Wilson, Roosevelt -- didn't strut around in uniforms. Nor did Presidents who had distinguished military service -- Kennedy, Carter, and even Bush's own father.

Heads of state of banana republics, or totalitarian dictators, swagger around in military uniforms. Saddam. Quaddafi. Noriega. Kim Jung-Il.

Not Presidents of the United States.

It's just wrong.

Uh, huh.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9604/17/independence.gallery/clinton_uss_jacket.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:49 pm
Bush had a similar jacket back in March when he spoke to troops at Fort Campbell. Did a military wife make that one too? I'm having trouble with that explanation.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2004/200403187c.jpg
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:13 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Uh, huh.

I think you may be trying to say with this post that two wrongs make a right.

Unh-uh.

Don't **** yourself, McG, but Clinton looks just as stupid as Dubya with that jacket on.

(Of course, Clinton didn't invade any nations and get over 1100 American soldiers killed on false pretenses, so perhaps he's still smarter...)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 07:12 am
PDiddie wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Uh, huh.

I think you may be trying to say with this post that two wrongs make a right.

Unh-uh.

Don't **** yourself, McG, but Clinton looks just as stupid as Dubya with that jacket on.

(Of course, Clinton didn't invade any nations and get over 1100 American soldiers killed on false pretenses, so perhaps he's still smarter...)

No, what I was trying to say with my post is that you have made a typical post demonstrating your lack of integrity and your personal dislike of Pres. Bush.

You say "I believe the only time in American history ...cut... never wore a uniform or anything suggestive of a uniform while serving as President. Certainly other wartime presidents -- Lincoln, Wilson, Roosevelt -- didn't strut around in uniforms. Nor did Presidents who had distinguished military service -- Kennedy, Carter, and even Bush's own father.

Not Presidents of the United States. "

I can find pictures of Kennedy, Carter, and even Bush's own father wearing similar jackets if you wish.

You make posts like this and then act like a wounded child when called on it. How about you get your facts straight before making any more dumb ass posts like this one?
0 Replies