Confused about religion

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:21 am
live to be:-

There plenty to explore at home.People who want to explore everything generally end up knowing a little bit about all the lot and that is not as good as knowing a lot about the little bit you live in.The whole of science comes from the latter.The former are known as dilettantes which rhymes with panties.

Christianity isn't killing me.Maybe my immune system is to hot for the poison you claim to be in it.

I once trod on a basking snake myself.It sure scared the snake because it wriggled off as fast as it's little skin could carry it.I've no idea whether it was dangerous but if I was telling a lady about the incident I would say it was and also that it was a lot bigger than it looked and all slithery and slippery and enough to make her shudder and cling on to me for safety's sake at the very thought.

spendius.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:31 am
spendius wrote:
Quote:
Christianity isn't killing me.Maybe my immune system is to hot for the poison you claim to be in it.

I once trod on a basking snake myself.It sure scared the snake because it wriggled off as fast as it's little skin could carry it.I've no idea whether it was dangerous but if I was telling a lady about the incident I would say it was and also that it was a lot bigger than it looked and all slithery and slippery and enough to make her shudder and cling on to me for safety's sake at the very thought.

Christianity is not killing you, because you are not paying heed to it. It is obvious from the post I quote. You are saying that you would bend the truth to your benefit. That is not christian, it's not religious at all, it's just evil. The sad thing is that christians seem to think it is ok. Maybe not christians only, but they are the only ones that ever defend this attitude.
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:41 am
Dear spendius,

Looks like you can talk the talk, but can you walk the talk?

I know at least that I am trying to walk my talk, but I don't know about you Confused

Cheers man.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:49 am
spendius wrote:
snood:-

I can't PM.Not yet anyway.
So-

I'm tolerant.I'm used to crap.There's nothing else in the pub I have to use.
Besides I'm practicing.Easing myself in so to speak.
What's the uniform?

spendius.

Gosh...seems like lately, whenever Snood shows up in one of the threads I'm posting in...someone writes to him and tells him they cannot PM back.

Snood sends off lots of PM's.

I've gotten several.

There are times I think he is obssessed with me.

Cute little wooden soldier!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:57 am
Sire:-

Congrats on your linguistic abilities.That really does impress me.You chose well old boy.Now don't go ruining it by bothering with other languages.There is enough in English to last you as long as you want.

What's this religious mumbo-jumbo (sic) I'm supposed to have.I believe in the power of belief not the belief itself.That's not mumbo-jumbo.I'm a self-satisfied,smirking elitist as a Christian.I'm as bad as live to be on that.Questioning it questions my whole way of life and yours too.

Resist all you want.We have provided conditions for you to so do.But it's a privilege and it's a big privilege to preach it.We ain't free.It's so obvious it isn't worth debating.

Crap doesn't have calibre.Crap's crap.

I recognise opinions.Some are crap and I don't respect those.I suspect that the more people who go around carrying the "I'm free" delusion the sooner totalitarianism will need to come in and I don't much fancy that.We certainly can't afford a tissue of disconnected accidents if we wish to keep this show on the road for the children and for their children.

Why do I put your back up.This is the English debating style.It stems from confidence.When I was bod knee high to a grasshopper my Mum taught me this-
"Sticks and stones can break my bones
But words will never hurt me."

Oh yes they are.True writers do think thoughts that no-one had before.

If you come to England go to a big match at Old Trafford and then see backs really put up.

spendius
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:58 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
spendius wrote:

So-

What's the uniform?

spendius.

Gosh...seems like lately, whenever Snood shows up in one of the threads I'm posting in...someone writes to him and tells him they cannot PM back.

I've gotten several.

...only fool obsessed with you is you. Don't flatter yourself, although I know that's hard not to do with someone so self-important.

If I feel compelled to address something to, or about you, it comes as a direct result of your consistent demonstration of an amazing propensity for being both arrogant and ignorant at the same time. If you weren't such a pain in the ass, I wouldn't have anything to say about, or to you, because your views are myopic, boring and self-centered.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:02 am

What's the uniform.It looks pretty good.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:03 am
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
spendius wrote:

So-

What's the uniform?

spendius.

I've gotten several.

...only fool obsessed with you is you. Don't flatter yourself, although I know that's hard not to do with someone so self-important.

If I feel compelled to address something to, or about you, it comes as a direct result of your consistent demonstration of an amazing propensity for being both arrogant and ignorant at the same time. If you weren't such a pain in the ass, I wouldn't have anything to say about, or to you, because your views are myopic, boring and self-centered.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You are obssessed with me.

Keep writing you silly little personal message to as many people as you can...warn them about what a terrible person I am.

I get a kick out of it. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:04 am
Hey Frank - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you. Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:06 am
snood wrote:
Hey Frank - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you. Smile

Try borrowing something fresher, next time. That one was stale. :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:07 am
How's this - screw 'em if they can't take a joke. Better? Very Happy
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:08 am
Frank:-

Anybody would think that you are the only person who can grind out the crap.

I'm pretty good at it myself don't you know.

spendius.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:10 am
No, but the thing about Frank's crap is that his is better thought out, and reasonable! Can't you see that, spendius?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:12 am
Thank you spendius. But your comment also reveals ignorance. Ignorance towards other languages. There are qualities in Norwegian that are special to this language. German too. There are some writings by Nietzche that are simply impossible to translate accurately into any other language.

The religious mambojambo was an example, nothing I hold to you personally. I do not consider it an opinion worth notice.

Quote:
Resist all you want.We have provided conditions for you to so do.But it's a privilege and it's a big privilege to preach it.We ain't free.It's so obvious it isn't worth debating.

Your take, nothing more. Even if all the world agreed it does not make it any more than that. An opinion.

Quote:
I recognise opinions.Some are crap and I don't respect those.I suspect that the more people who go around carrying the "I'm free" delusion the sooner totalitarianism will need to come in and I don't much fancy that.We certainly can't afford a tissue of disconnected accidents if we wish to keep this show on the road for the children and for their children.

Who is to control this show you want to keep on the road? Nobody among humans is worthy. If you think you are I say you are insane.

Quote:
Oh yes they are.True writers do think thoughts that no-one had before.

No. If they did you wouldn't be able to understand them. Nor I for that matter.

I have to go now. Studio time with my band. See you later.

Cyr
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:24 am
Sire:-

Of course we are evil.Does that surprise you?How much fuss would we have made over SE Asia had there been no Europeans there.Bam was a two day wonder because holidaymakers didn't go there.Ever heard of Bhopal?If we paid the victims there at the same compensation levels our courts give to typists who have been goosed in the office we would be bankrupt.Same goes for Bolivian miners and plenty more besides.What about North American aboriginal tribes too?Two movie star clowns recently got half a million or something for having their photograph took when they didn't want it took.

Where do I say that I would bend the truth to my benefit.I would do nothing of the sort.I'm not strong enough to bend truth.Nobody is.

It's a dirty,tough,old world and no mistake.You are simply letting the ones who get this lot together do the evil whilst you sit back in the luxury coming over all virtue.It ain't good Sire.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:29 am

You mean Frank's crap is crappier than my crap.I hope he has his craphouse down the yard then.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:37 am

What's walking the talk?When I hear that sort of thing I usually get my bullshit deflector deployed.It is shaped like an umbrella,made of stainless steel and has a special pair of goggles.

When a bloke is talking about his exploits to people who can't check his assertions you usually need an expensive BSD.Usually.Not always.I'm sure you are an exception.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:38 am

What's walking the talk?When I hear that sort of thing I usually get my bullshit deflector deployed.It is shaped like an umbrella,made of stainless steel and has a special pair of goggles.

When a bloke is talking about his exploits to people who can't check his assertions you usually need an expensive BSD.Usually.Not always.I'm sure you are an exception.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:38 am
Sorry:-
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:48 am
spendius wrote:
Frank:-

Anybody would think that you are the only person who can grind out the crap.

I'm pretty good at it myself don't you know.

Indeed you are, Spend....and it is damn good crap...interesting crap; interestingly presented.

And it is slung like a man...not like that old-womanish, wishy-washy shyt some people (names not mentioned!) use.

From one crap slinger to another, Spend...KUDOS. :wink:
0 Replies