Confused about religion

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 08:32 pm
I don't know how much chaos my opinion about religion would create, but i'd like to express it anyway. These thoughts could very well be my confusion toward spirituality, but they are still my thought.

I just think that Islam died when Prophet mohammed died, Christianity died when Paul took over the affair of Jesus Christ, and Moses just happened to end up in the wrong place. He really should have landed a bit further on any significant oil reserve. Then all they had to do was to hold on to the land until British would have discovered the oil Smile

I think the world would have been a more peaceful place then now Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,249 • Replies: 214
No top replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 08:39 pm
I think you are an optimist.
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 08:50 pm
Thanks Greyfan. I really like that rocket booster on the poor dog Very Happy Actually your picture reminded me my childhood's wish-list science experience, except I was supposed to attach myself to that rocket booster Very Happy What in the world I was thinking?

Anyway thanks for your positive reply. Just to give you a little more personal data: I am an Iranian-American who lives now permanently in a beautiful country called Chile. My parents are Muslim and fortunate enough to live in a great place called Falls Chuch, Virginia. As far as my religious belief is to be good in the eyes of the G-d. Love to live in Israel in the near future.
0 Replies

swarm21

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 05:21 pm
hmm interesting- i never heard of that before. its hard to come up with something of ones own because of all the bias and propaganda we are exposed to every day.
0 Replies

SmokingFire

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 05:40 pm
Re: Confused about religion
live2bfree wrote:
I don't know how much chaos my opinion about religion would create, but i'd like to express it anyway. These thoughts could very well be my confusion toward spirituality, but they are still my thought.

I just think that Islam died when Prophet mohammed died, Christianity died when Paul took over the affair of Jesus Christ, and Moses just happened to end up in the wrong place. He really should have landed a bit further on any significant oil reserve. Then all they had to do was to hold on to the land until British would have discovered the oil Smile

I think the world would have been a more peaceful place then now Twisted Evil

That could be as far from the truth as possible...I have noticed that many people on A2K thinks that Paul has killed the essence of Christianity. The fact of the matter is, that Paul was the person who expanded Christianity passed just Israel, secondly, the name Christian was first used in one of the churches that he started Antioc. This was were they first tagged people as Christians meaning "little Christ, or of Christ". So I believe to the contraire, that Christianity did not end or the essence was not lost due to the work of Paul, but in fact it complied with Jesus' mandate of taking the gospel to the world.
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 04:09 pm
Re: Confused about religion
SmokingFire wrote:
So I believe to the contraire, that Christianity did not end or the essence was not lost due to the work of Paul, but in fact it complied with Jesus' mandate of taking the gospel to the world.

Couldn't agree with you more. I hope that I didn't offend you by expressing my opinion. Perhaps I need more education about religion.

Who said death is the end :wink:
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 06:22 am
I don't think it is possible to declare a religion dead so long as there is one person that believes in it. But modern day Christianity is a sorry thing. (I will not talk about Islam, cause I have little knowledge).
In christianity it is like this: "Jesus died for our sins, so now I can do all the sins I want to do. Jesus saved me, I'll go to heaven eitther way."
The whole religion has become a breeding ground for misguided sinners.

"Jesus said you shall not eat meat", I once told a christian carnivor, "so if you follow Jesus you shouldn't eat meat."
The meat-eater looked at me and said: "Jesus ate meat", his whole attidude screaming "in your face".
So I asked: "So you follow Jesus by mimicking him?"
"Yes"
"So you eat meat even though he says not to?"
"Yes"
"Do you know why Jesus ate meat?"
"No"
"Have you devoted your life to spreading the word of god?"
"No"
"Why not. You said you mimick Jesus. He devoted his life to spreading the word of god."
"Because I am not Jesus"
"Right. You are his follower. Shouldn't you then be guided by his words rather than his actions?"

At this point I got up and left, disgusted. Jesus to this guy was the reason he didn't have to take any real responsibility in his life. That is why I usually come to the conclusion that christians are the people least worthy of god, since they use him as their own private devil...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 06:54 am
I'm happy to have Christians, Jews and Muslims in my family. I couldn't care less about what I see as religion politicized. Humanity is more important.
0 Replies

mintyluck4me

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:29 am
Christianity dead?
Like others, I don't know if I would say these religions are dead- it still holds alot of meaning for people right? i also cant say much about Islam since I don't know much about it. but about Christianity- wouldn't you say Constantine (if anyone) sort of reversed it's original intention. He specifically put all the gospels in the bible that spoke of Jesus's divinity and none about his humanity. I believe Jesus's teachings were about how to live your life. I think too many people think about what will happen after life or the things he did so they wouldn't have to suffer. People should focus more on the brotherly love i think Jesus was practicing.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 11:53 am
My thoughts also nibty. Strangely, though, the place I encounter attitudes like yours is not in religious cirles, where the idols of morality are pretty much taken for granted. God said, and so it is. No question. Its among the people who are not religious, in the sense that they follow a specific religion, I find the people who are most true to the teachings of jesus. Strange
0 Replies

mintyluck4me

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:27 pm
you're right, i feel like so many of the people i meet who have some really amazing ideas about spirituality and how they veiw god, dont associate with a specific religion. then when i do think or meet religious followers (especially in America) iall i see is scary right wing people. Anyone else see what im saying?
....i tried to word that without offending anyone.
0 Replies

SmokingFire

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 05:27 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
I don't think it is possible to declare a religion dead so long as there is one person that believes in it. But modern day Christianity is a sorry thing. (I will not talk about Islam, cause I have little knowledge).
In christianity it is like this: "Jesus died for our sins, so now I can do all the sins I want to do. Jesus saved me, I'll go to heaven eitther way."
The whole religion has become a breeding ground for misguided sinners.

"Jesus said you shall not eat meat", I once told a christian carnivor, "so if you follow Jesus you shouldn't eat meat."
The meat-eater looked at me and said: "Jesus ate meat", his whole attidude screaming "in your face".
So I asked: "So you follow Jesus by mimicking him?"
"Yes"
"So you eat meat even though he says not to?"
"Yes"
"Do you know why Jesus ate meat?"
"No"
"Have you devoted your life to spreading the word of god?"
"No"
"Why not. You said you mimick Jesus. He devoted his life to spreading the word of god."
"Because I am not Jesus"
"Right. You are his follower. Shouldn't you then be guided by his words rather than his actions?"

At this point I got up and left, disgusted. Jesus to this guy was the reason he didn't have to take any real responsibility in his life. That is why I usually come to the conclusion that christians are the people least worthy of god, since they use him as their own private devil...

He who hears and does not do, commits sin. Jesus told Peter that what goes into a man's mouth does not defile him but rather that what comes out.
Quote:
Jesus said you shall not eat meat"

Don't just qoute one thing of the Bible and judge partially, Jesus said that we shouldn't do that.

Quote:
At this point I got up and left, disgusted. Jesus to this guy was the reason he didn't have to take any real responsibility in his life. That is why I usually come to the conclusion that christians are the people least worthy of god, since they use him as their own private devil

And once again, since you cannot sin doesn't mean that you should use Jesus as you cloak for vice. Obviously your friend is well deceived and does not have the nature of Christ, but believes just as a pharisee does for personal benefit.

Quote:
2This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
0 Replies

SmokingFire

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 05:31 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
My thoughts also nibty. Strangely, though, the place I encounter attitudes like yours is not in religious cirles, where the idols of morality are pretty much taken for granted. God said, and so it is. No question. Its among the people who are not religious, in the sense that they follow a specific religion, I find the people who are most true to the teachings of jesus. Strange

Correct...people who are religious do not please God. God did not intend religion to be the end, but relationship. Why would religion be instituted in the first place, because how do you control the masses? I have no religion, I speak to God and have the nature of Jesus. I need not do anything to please God since I am as Jesus and God loves me. Since I have His nature I do as He does, I conclude as He does and love as He does. Religion is emnity to God.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 05:49 pm
Sounds like a buncha horseshyt in this thread.

People pretending to be 'splaining stuff...but actually doing little more than sucking up to a god they fear.

Hey...whatever gets ya past the graveyard!!!
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 08:29 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hey...whatever gets ya past the graveyard!!!

Another word: don't worry, be happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:49 pm
Good one frank. Also the comment was entirely chistian of you. Let me rephrase. Believing is not understanding. When you believe without understanding you are capable of going on crusades and killing in the name of god. All because you listened to what people say about god instead of trying to find god yourself.
We can all agree that if you teach something you don't really know you are a fraud. What then if you act on a code you don't understand? Aren't you equally a fraud?
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:18 pm
Cyracuz wrote:

We can all agree that if you teach something you don't really know you are a fraud. What then if you act on a code you don't understand? Aren't you equally a fraud?

Question
So, what is the bottom line? Should I be kept confused, and wander around, or come to the understanding that there is life within religion, and outside of it?
Idea

And let me rephrase: I do really want to be a part of "don't worry, be happy" society. But it is too hard to do so with all these real myseries in this world. At the end, we just have to live it as best as we can. Cheers.
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:40 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Good one frank.

I have a better one: sell eur/usd around 1.3330 with 30 pips SL. Idea

Cyracuz wrote:
Good one frank. Also the comment was entirely chistian of you.

And merry christmas to all chistian readers of my thread.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:03 am
You should strive to understand, and to push back the "darkness". But to do it to such an extent that nothing is fun anymore is a step in the wrong direction. Merry christmas to everyone.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:57 pm
Organized religion is only meant to control the unwashed masses.
0 Replies