Confused about religion

live2bfree

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 07:55 pm
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?"

Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

He is the man to be followed. Perhaps I have lost my confusion about religion. Once again, don't worry, be happy.

Happy new year to everyone Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 08:13 am
Frank-

I've come across an expression which will save you splattering this thread with toned down effluent.
It is "sophistical dialectics".

c.i.'s All Religions Covered is where you can allow your tastes fairly free expression.

Thanks for the new year good wishes but I like to think that I can manage without them.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:20 am
spendius wrote:
Frank-

I've come across an expression which will save you splattering this thread with toned down effluent.
It is "sophistical dialectics".

c.i.'s All Religions Covered is where you can allow your tastes fairly free expression.

Thanks for the new year good wishes but I like to think that I can manage without them.

spendius.

Sounds like someone realized he was in over his head.

Hey...at least you did realize it.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:30 am
Frank:-

That's a prize non sequitur if ever I saw one.

I will refrain from wishing you a happy and prosperous new year because I know that if you are in any way dependent on my wishes then you are in deep doo-doo.And so would I be if my wishes had an effect on people's prosperity and happiness because I would not dare go to sleep in case somebody somewhere was in need.
If I sometimes sign off with a "best wishes" I mean for them to have them for themselves.

I think you can probably fend for yourself OK.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:13 am
spendius wrote:

That's a prize non sequitur if ever I saw one.

I will refrain from wishing you a happy and prosperous new year because I know that if you are in any way dependent on my wishes then you are in deep doo-doo.And so would I be if my wishes had an effect on people's prosperity and happiness because I would not dare go to sleep in case somebody somewhere was in need.
If I sometimes sign off with a "best wishes" I mean for them to have them for themselves.

I think you can probably fend for yourself OK.

spendius.

Yep...sounds exactly like someone who realizes he is in over his head!!!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:47 am
Yeah, that, or that he was trying to reason with a braying ass.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:51 am
snood wrote:
Yeah, that, or that he was trying to reason with a braying ass.

He was not dealing with you, Snood...so don't even bring that into it.
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:03 pm
Well, thanks for all the positive replies. Once again, happy new year Very Happy
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:09 pm
spendius wrote:
I will refrain from wishing you a happy and prosperous new year because I know that if you are in any way dependent on my wishes then you are in deep doo-doo..

You are in deep doo-doo, only if you want to be in one, or just happened to be there by accident. Well, I don't even know what your wishes are dude, only I hope is a good one. I know mine is - peace and prosperity for everyone, except the ones who want to be in deep doo-doo :wink:
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:25 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

You are only over your head when you are proved otherwise...you ain't done nothing yet! I'd suggest a rogain for your hair Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:34 pm
live2bfree wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

You are only over your head when you are proved otherwise...you ain't done nothing yet! I'd suggest a rogain for your hair Smile

At 68...I definitely am losing my hair. It happens. I hate the fact that it is...because I've always had a very full head of hair.

A doctor friend of mine told me that Rogain will not help. He says that the only way for me to stop my hair loss at this point...is to die.

Frankly, I'd rather lose my hair...because I am having a ball being alive.

In any case, Spendius definitely sounds like someone who is in over his/her head.
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 03:20 pm
Frank Apisa
Hey Frank, I like your name. My nickname is Frank also. Wish you the best. I am planning to dirtbike Paraguay in the near future. That's my wish for this 2005(beside other things)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 03:34 pm
Re: Frank Apisa
live2bfree wrote:
Hey Frank, I like your name. My nickname is Frank also. Wish you the best. I am planning to dirtbike Paraguay in the near future. That's my wish for this 2005(beside other things)

Good luck with the dirtbike adventure, Frank. Make it happen!

My brother-in-law spent a year living with a tribe in the Amazon! I've envied him that experience.
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:46 am
Thanks again Frank...Sorry about my last remark about rogain.

I think I had too much to drink during new year, and didn't realize your remark was toward Spendius not me. Anyway, hope you had a great new year. I am still trying to recover from my hangover!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:54 am
Sound like a bunch of women at a coffee morning to me.He likes his name.(Aaaaahh!!)His nickname is Frank.(Aaaahhhhhh).He's going to Paraguay for his hols.(AAAAHHHHHH!!).He has a headache.

Where's the beef?It is philosophy and debate.It is a philosophical debating point whether wishing a complete stranger good luck can have any effect on anybody other than the wisher maybe getting himself a teeny-weeny virtue buzz and other clunkers sensing a wonderfully decent old chap being in their midst unlike that well known tosspot

spendius.

My brother's wife's uncle once spent two years in a can-can dancer's wardrobe room but not full time.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 10:08 am
spendius wrote:
Sound like a bunch of women at a coffee morning to me.He likes his name.(Aaaaahh!!)His nickname is Frank.(Aaaahhhhhh).He's going to Paraguay for his hols.(AAAAHHHHHH!!).He has a headache.

Where's the beef?It is philosophy and debate.It is a philosophical debating point whether wishing a complete stranger good luck can have any effect on anybody other than the wisher maybe getting himself a teeny-weeny virtue buzz and other clunkers sensing a wonderfully decent old chap being in their midst unlike that well known tosspot

spendius.

My brother's wife's uncle once spent two years in a can-can dancer's wardrobe room but not full time.

spendius.

Well it is apparent that Spendius is not only in over his head...but he is out of control also.

Hell of a combination.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 05:15 am
Okay.Let's be knowing then?
What is this in over my head thing?And what is out of control as well?
These are infantile assertions.
What's up with pointing out that a tiresome retailing of one's daily doings and discussions about hair or lack of hair and holidays and drinking habits and the consequences of and how happy one is and all is hardly suitable for a philosophy debate about religion.
Somebody is obviously underestimating the intelligence of threaders and when reeled in on the matter resorts to pulling out their tongue.
There must be other forums where personal details can be exchanged and self-serving pronouncements are all the rage.
People entering this thread are interested in religion
not in fits of pique and half-assed bragging.

spendius.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:00 am
Quote:

I have come to think lately that there is very little difference between the two. Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:16 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

I have come to think lately that there is very little difference between the two. Smile

Thank you, Cyracuz...you hit the nail right on its head!

Poor out-of-control, in-over-his-head Spendius certainly knows how to set up a straight line. :wink:
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:24 am
There is a difference sire.

Anybody who supports the Christian project,as I do, will feel obliged to do his bit,however small,to hold back the forces of schism or,better still,catch them before they get airborne.Those who don't support the Christian project are biting the hand that feeds them and that usually stems from egoism,irrascibility and a melancholy tempermant which are often cloaked in a stream of psuedo humility,phoney bonhomie and window-dressed cheeriness.Its probably due to having no realisable objectives.

spendius.
0 Replies