Confused about religion

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:47 am
Some people oughta be in politics (names not mentioned).
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:52 am
snood wrote:

Now that was much, much better.

It was subtle; it was humorous; and it was just enough, not too much.

KUDOS to you too, Snood. :wink:
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:52 am
Where you say that you would bend the truth? Man, if you don't listen to yourself, how can I believe that you'll listen to anyone else?

One human is not evil. Put ten of them together, and the case is another.

But I propose a new plan, or more accurately, a reversion to an older one. If I don't like what you say I'll just kill you. How's that for argumentation techniques? Survival of the fittest is the only law. All others are just wishful thinking. They can all be broken.

If the main purpose of this exercise is to throw crap at eachother I have misunderstood. Sorry. Just let me get my gloves on... Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:55 am
Cyracuz wrote:
If the main purpose of this exercise is to throw crap at eachother I have misunderstood. Sorry. Just let me get my gloves on... Smile

Oh, wow...a shyt fight.

Gimme time to break out my gas mask! :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:58 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:

Now that was much, much better.

It was subtle; it was humorous; and it was just enough, not too much.

KUDOS to you too, Snood. :wink:

Man that woulda made my day if your opinion was half as important to me as it is to you.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:05 am
Frank, unbeknownst to you you have been fighting it for some time. If you are not putting on your gasmask until now you might already be permanently damaged.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:13 am
I'm happy to have revisited this thread. My giant can of Poppycock tastes so much better now. Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:15 am
What's poppycock, cav? Sounds like something you want to keep away from my cavities...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:20 am
Cyracuz wrote:
What's poppycock, cav? Sounds like something you want to keep away from my cavities...

Popcorn/pecan clusters bound with caramel. I'm not actually eating it, I'm diabetic, but 'poppycock' is also slang for nonsence, hokum, bullshit. Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:21 am
Oh.. ok. In that case.. bring it on.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:22 am
I just have to tear myself away.Be good.If I make it through the night I'll see you tomorrow.
Who's round is it?
Sharon love-four pints of bitter please.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:27 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Frank, unbeknownst to you you have been fighting it for some time. If you are not putting on your gasmask until now you might already be permanently damaged.

Ain't nothin' happening here that is "unbeknownst" to me, Cyracuz.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
Hokum, nonsense, bullshit, fol-de-rol, inanity, horse feathers, tripe, malarkey, blarney, crap, crud, rubbish, ...

Everybody's a little guilty, I'd venture.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 10:32 am
Re: Confused about religion
live2bfree wrote:
I don't know how much chaos my opinion about religion would create, but i'd like to express it anyway. These thoughts could very well be my confusion toward spirituality, but they are still my thought.

I just think that Islam died when Prophet mohammed died, Christianity died when Paul took over the affair of Jesus Christ, and Moses just happened to end up in the wrong place. He really should have landed a bit further on any significant oil reserve. Then all they had to do was to hold on to the land until British would have discovered the oil Smile

I think the world would have been a more peaceful place then now Twisted Evil

Are you an antagonist, destructionist or fatalist?
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:28 am
Re: Confused about religion
Bibliophile the BibleGuru wrote:
Are you an antagonist, destructionist or fatalist?

Neither of them, just a free man who wishes peace and prosperity for all. Personally, I am just so disappointed by established religions that I feel I can do without it. Don't want to wage war against it neither. Dude like spendius, I can only listen, without analyzing him/her between my ears, and let it go from the other ear.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 12:17 pm
Sounds like a healthy attitude, you ask me...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 05:33 am
Incorrect Frank I'm afraid:-

The simple fact is that everything that's happening there is unbeknownst to you.Everything of consequence I mean..
It would be reasonable to go on a philosophy debate forum to try to put that right but the way things are that looks a forlorn hope.You are set in your ways goodstyle.There isn't a philosophical cell in your constitution.All golfers are like that.Have you never wondered why you play golf.What forces have conspired to bring you to the point of getting a pleasure tweak out of holing a four foot putt.Golf,and many other things,are set up to supply the demand for escape from self examination and thinking.On a golf course or on a dirt-bike the patient is to all intents and purposes brain dead.Not a dissimilar state to that of a dung beetle rolling a ball of **** around.If you observe top golfers being interviewed you ought to be able to notice the number of repititions of the personal pronoun.Golf and dirt-bike riding are just two of the myriad of variants on the conspicuous consumption jag.Why do you search out methods of arranging invidious comparisons with your fellows.Yeah-well-I know.Its the American way.It might make you powerful and all that but by heck it is boring.I'd lay a shade of odds that you polish your car and keep the chromium gleaming enough for you to see your reflection in it.The oddest thing is that you seem to actually believe that your assertion with which you responded to Cyr. has some meaning and provides a satisfactory answer.
It's only use is to give us all a fix on your IQ.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 05:45 am
spendius wrote:
Incorrect Frank I'm afraid:-

The simple fact is that everything that's happening there is unbeknownst to you.Everything of consequence I mean..
It would be reasonable to go on a philosophy debate forum to try to put that right but the way things are that looks a forlorn hope.You are set in your ways goodstyle.There isn't a philosophical cell in your constitution.All golfers are like that.Have you never wondered why you play golf.What forces have conspired to bring you to the point of getting a pleasure tweak out of holing a four foot putt.Golf,and many other things,are set up to supply the demand for escape from self examination and thinking.On a golf course or on a dirt-bike the patient is to all intents and purposes brain dead.Not a dissimilar state to that of a dung beetle rolling a ball of **** around.If you observe top golfers being interviewed you ought to be able to notice the number of repititions of the personal pronoun.Golf and dirt-bike riding are just two of the myriad of variants on the conspicuous consumption jag.Why do you search out methods of arranging invidious comparisons with your fellows.Yeah-well-I know.Its the American way.It might make you powerful and all that but by heck it is boring.I'd lay a shade of odds that you polish your car and keep the chromium gleaming enough for you to see your reflection in it.The oddest thing is that you seem to actually believe that your assertion with which you responded to Cyr. has some meaning and provides a satisfactory answer.
It's only use is to give us all a fix on your IQ.

spendius.

Meds, Spendius.

Medicate first...then post.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 05:56 am
Frank:-

There nothing to medicate about.It's elementary.

It insults your readers to provide such answers.Underestimates them is better.Why don't you take your own advice.

spendius.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 06:03 am
spendius wrote:
Frank:-

There nothing to medicate about.It's elementary.

It insults your readers to provide such answers.Underestimates them is better.Why don't you take your own advice.

spendius.

Read you last rant, Spendius...and then try to understand why I damn near spit my orange juice all over the keyboard when I read the "It insults your readers..."

Give a guy some warning when you are gonna say something that funny, will ya!
0 Replies