Confused about religion

Ethel2

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:16 am
spendius........I don't know why the words are underlined either, although I suspect that Craven has made a deal with someone as a way to advertise. It brings in money so that we can all continue to play without paying. That's my theory anyway. If you'll notice, everyone's posts have such words underlined for no otherwise good reason. If you click on those words you get an invitation to buy something or another. I think. I haven't clicked on many of them.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:22 am
Speaking from out of one inferno...there being many and all with buzzing vacancy signs...your honor I witness more of the Falstaff than the Henry in splendius.

And I witness, I swear, an asp in the folds of miss lola's haute couture

ant: I must be gone.
eno: Under a compelling occasion, let women die. It were pity to cast them away for nothing, though between them and a great cause they should be esteemed nothing. Cleopatra, catching but the least noise of this, dies instantly; I have seen her die twenty times upon far poorer moment: I do think there is mettle in death, which commits some loving act upon her, she has such a celerity in dying.
ant: She is cunning past man's thought.
eno: Alack, sir, no; her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love. We cannot call her winds and waters sighs and tears; they are greater storms and tempests than almanacs can report. This cannot be cunning in her; if it be, she makes a shower of rain as well as Jove.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:25 am
Quote:
Heart of mine so malicious and so full of guile,
Give you an inch and you'll take a mile.
Don't let yourself fall Don't let yourself stumble.
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime
Heart of mine.

And here, as I suspected, it the answer to my questions......

Too bad Dylan didn't seem to know that it's no crime to feel love for a woman.......no crime to feel he needs her. It's not a crime because Dylan is not alone. Women love and need just the same as men.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
MG:-

That was too easy an escape.

He did say that thing about wasted words.

Gray claimed,long ago,that Dylan was a master butcher of cliche.I think he was right.Dangerous thing is cliche.Dylan polishes them up and makes them shine again like a pristine original.A cliche is no less true(?) for being a cliche.

Did she betray Shakespeare or herself.What about?
Why does Dylan wish he knew.He would have posted if he could.Was it anything to do with-
"Your debutante knows what you need
But I know what you want."
Ruthie as backwoods girl in honky-tonk lagoon.

I'm sure we are agreed on the value of the song.

spendius.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
Quote:
Lola:-

It would perhaps be more fruitful for us to discuss Lear after you have tangled with Hughes

spendius, the original invitation to bring in Lear was from Blatham. It wasn't clear, I know......Bernie was playing his tricks. The Hughes book is on it's way.....but don't wait for me, I'll catch up.

Blatham wrote:
Quote:
And I witness, I swear, an asp in the folds of miss lola's haute couture

I don't <stamping little, satin clad foot> have any asp in my skirt! Those things are dangerous and I prefer to play without paying. I may have some things in common with Cleo, but I'd never claim helplessness and....

declare that I would die...
it's too close to the truth,
so I'll choose another lie.

spendius wrote:
Quote:
Why does Dylan wish he knew.He would have posted if he could.

The way I read it , Shakespeare was talking to the French girl who says she knows Dylan well. So I think it was Dylan he worried she had betrayed. Thus he would like to ask if she'd given it away but since the post is closed........all he can do is worry about it. As I said above, too bad he didn't know he didn't have to feel so guilty.

spendius wrote:
Quote:
Was it anything to do with-
Ruthie as backwoods girl in honky-tonk lagoon

Yes, I suspect it did have to do with Ruthie's response, but in what way, I'm never sure.

Refer to All I Really Want To Do

Live2bFree, where did you go? Cyr, are you out there?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:31 am
repeat
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:50 am
Thanks Lola:-

I now feel duty bound to click on the words and do my time with Craven's money supply.

It is great to meet fellow travellers on these dusty roads.Magical words.

"What drives me to you is what drives me insane.""Oh for a moment's glory-it's a dirty rotten shame.""Either I'm too sensitive or else I'm getting soft."

What writers we three have in common.Stendahl,Flaubert and Proust all loved the spear shaker.So did Frank Harris.(The key is Frank)

I'll have to leave your long post until tomorrow.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:05 am
Sod it!

I wish I wasn't trapped in this web of obligations and responsibilities.But I am.

Maybe the sun will shine again tomorrow.

spendius.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 04:01 pm
Here's hoping the sun shines.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:14 pm
spendius wrote:

That was too easy an escape.

He did say that thing about wasted words.

Gray claimed,long ago,that Dylan was a master butcher of cliche.I think he was right.Dangerous thing is cliche.Dylan polishes them up and makes them shine again like a pristine original.A cliche is no less true(?) for being a cliche.

Why does Dylan wish he knew.He would have posted if he could.Was it anything to do with-
Ruthie as backwoods girl in honky-tonk lagoon.

I'm sure we are agreed on the value of the song.

spendius.

sp
Word-wasting is a sin. And all of us sin, sometimes.

As the subject of the french girl's yakking is "me", I'd take the threat of betrayal or revelation to be Dylan's concern. And, yup, as she's a french and livin in an alley, whatever dark events took place wouldn't surprise our backwoods Ruthie.

Extraordinary song. I slip on brass knuckles for those knuckle-heads who opine that this writer no longer writes.

As to cliches and butchery...you and I would have trouble getting across the street without leaping from bloody bit to bloody bit.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 06:10 am
Lola:-

I'm afraid that Post 1124212 on P20 will have to lie on the file.It raises far too many questions which require a considered and lengthy response to do them justice.Picking one or two out would inevitably cause distortion.I suppose psychiatrists have to risk that but they ought to be aware that what they pick out for examination says something about themselves.Like a cat does when it picks out the movement of a mouse in the windswept bushes.
And anyway the thread has moved on.Maybe I should bite the bullet and equip my residence with one of these potentially revolutionary machines.But that involves taking a chance on threader's stamina and sensitivity.A fair number take off at the first sign of the stiletto or embark on rants of inordinate incomprehensibility.

You said somewhere that you had been defending me in a restaurant.Who with?And on what?I never go into restaurants myself.Dylan said that you should only eat food that has been prepared by someone who loves you.And Truffaut said that restaurants are threatening places for men and I only go into threatening places when ordered to.

Dylan never said it was a "crime" to love.(P1124588).Just dangerous.
"I knew that very instant she meant to do me harm".

It doesn't matter what anybody needs.If people's needs were given priority we would be in one big mess.There would be about 250 million demanding to live the lush lifestyle of Manhattan sophisticates.
And that is a mere gesture towards the scabbard the stiletto is held in.

Now 1124597.
Odd you brought up Lear.I'd been reading it in conjunction with Hughes for a week.Now blatham has got me going on Henry.What a gem.I hadn't appreciated it before.

"By heaven,methinks it were an easy leap
To pluck bright honour from the pale-fac'd moon;
Or dive into the bottom of the deep,
Where fadom-line could never touch the ground,
And pluck up drowned honour by the locks;"

I'll leave Stuck inside Mobile.I presume you know that Memphis and Mobile were desert cities way back when.The French girl understands men.That includes Dylan who is,as I am,born in time.You are too.You just don't really know it.Yet.Check member profile.I start there.

I'll go through 1124212 if you wish me to.I have read it a few times.

But time presses down hard.

Take care.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 06:38 am

More Hotspur actually.

Thanks though for the incentive.I got reading it last night.Sublime ain't it.I had forgotten.
Did you ever read the comic Hotspur?Or The Wizard.There was some sort of survey done a few years back and reported on in the S Telegraph which said that men who had been brought up on those two comics were the "right stuff".

Oh to be an asp with teeth removed.A pet asp.A shameless,indulged pet asp.A really inventive and intrepid shameless cosseted pet asp.On a quiet evening in.Easter Sunday.

It's odd don't you think.These Dylan and Shakespeare fans coalescing in the general chaos.
Could that be where philosophy is heading?A decoding of the poetic imagination.Is there some
fantastic deep truth in there which they had to hide to avoid persecution.A monumental acrostic which might be distilled into a potent draught in one glass.
Like,for eg,cunning past man's thought.

I never use knuckledusters.A resigned shake of the head does for me.

Back Monday.Hope to meet you there.

spendius.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
Quote:
I'm afraid that Post 1124212 on P20 will have to lie on the file.It raises far too many questions which require a considered and lengthy response to do them justice.Picking one or two out would inevitably cause distortion.

This is ok with me, spendius. I'm X-rated on religion. And I agree it's a big subject that requires a lot of work to write about. Distortions are so annoying for the person commiting them.

(See the rest of my response on the Ignoramus thread.)
0 Replies

live2bfree

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
spendius wrote:
live to be:-

Nah!No conspiracy theories here.It's all out in the open.We are scientists.

Which civilisations do you mean?Not that Atlantis tomfoolery I hope.That stuff isn't out in the open.
Not the Aztecs surely.

"If you are looking for Atlantis the empire, the super civilization of advanced technology, then remember that the arms of the Atlantic Empire stretched nearly worldwide. She was the first global world order and she built temples, cities, trade and military complexes in many areas of the earth. If you are looking for the Law of One, look to the tribal earth keepers who have preserved the knowledge through the ages. If you are in search of New Atlantis, then look around you and realize that you are in fact, living in New Atlantis, for mankind has come full circle. However, it is not only our present level of technological development and capability, it is what we take for granted as normality in the collective around us. At this critical turning point, it is time to make the difficult choices that will ultimately determine the fate of the human race and the planet earth. We must acknowledge that all life is sacred, that the earth is a living thing, that all things are interconnected and that we are the earth keepers. In order to survive, we must embrace the universal truths of the Law of One." William T. Samsel

Yes spednius...I believe in Atlantis (along with many others). Don't you want to join us, and leave your religion mumbo jumbo behind :wink:
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:54 am
live2be:-

Will it do me any good?If so what?I don't suppose it would do me any harm.
I thought you had bolted.

spendius.
0 Replies