Fiance admitted early relationship cheating

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 07:27 am
So when my (now) finance and I got together he went out with a buddy who was going through some marital issues. He went to a strip club and he and I got into a huge fight that night because he wasn't being safe about drinking while being out. We had been together about 3 to 4 months at the time. He had admitted that he went to a strip club only after feeling badly about it & we worked it out. Fast forward to now: We've been together for 2 years & are now engaged. On a road trip this past weekend he told me he had wanted to tell me for a while that when he was at the strip club, a stripper kissed him. He said he was really drunk and there hasn't been anything I don't know about since. I'm having a hard time with it, please help.

blatham

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 07:58 am
@KWaiting,
Two years ago, he was drinking, he went to a strip club and he kissed a stripper.

If all your fiance or future husband does is kiss other women, you don't have a problem. Particularly that he feels guilty enough to confess it to you and if it as rare an occurrence as it seems to be.

Your more likely problem, frankly, is that you will fracture the affinity between the two of you through this (what I think is an) unwarranted level of jealousy.

You said that "he wasn't safe about drinking while being out". It's unclear what you mean here. If he was driving while impaired, that would be a valid concern and reason for anger. But I'm not sure that was what you meant.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 08:12 am
@KWaiting,
It's been 2 years, it happened then and only once. Further, it was at a strip club and the ladies performing make moves towards men in the hopes of getting money. She made the move, he didn't. (Similar happens in clubs where men do the stripping).

Either you trust him or you don't. As blatham has said, your jealousy could be a bigger problem.

Now put the incident in the past and move on.
centrox

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:05 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Similar happens in clubs where men do the stripping

Where? Please!

Sturgis

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:20 pm
@centrox,
You wanna know where men strip for ladies? Places such as Chippendale's.

From Marie Claire magazine, www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/advice/a779/female-strip-clubs/

Quote:
Female Strip Clubs Are All The Rage

Smart successful women in the U.K. are dropping hundreds of dollars nightly at strip clubs created exclusively for them.

There are also spots in the U.S. and possibly elsewhere too.
jespah

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:27 pm
@Sturgis,
This topic needs some music (PS not to minimize how you feel, OP - but seriously, I'm with the fellas. It's been a while. The statute of limitations has run).
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
You wanna know where men strip for ladies? Places such as Chippendale's.

Er, I was kidding. (I am a guy).
Sturgis

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:32 pm
@centrox,
I figured maybe ya wanted to get some ideas for your wife/girlfriend...or the female tax assessor to keep your rates from being raised.
centrox

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:35 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I figured maybe ya wanted to get some ideas for your wife/girlfriend...or the female tax assessor to keep your rates from being raised.

I knew a bunch of female lawyers who organised a hen night with male strippers and, it seems, for an extra fee, you could touch as well, and for an even more extra fee, be touched in all kinds of ways.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 02:00 pm
A guy in my landarch classes was a male model as well as being a Chippendales dancer (I've only been there once, with a girlfriend group, never saw him there myself.) That was in the early 80's. We both passed all our design boards, worked in different firms, him mostly in private practice after working for the city, me with a long time smallish firm.... and he would show up for the christmas party, etc. He's gay, of course, and he and his partner still send me hand made holiday cards right around New Years. I've kept them - for sentiment, but also because he does ink drawings, on each, of native plants in the western U.S.

My point - he has been a serious man all this time, including having some smarts and wisdom even back in his early Chippendales days, despite the fun. His partner, now a long timer, is a guy I like too.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 04:37 pm
@KWaiting,
What's the big deal?

You both need to relax.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 06:33 pm
@KWaiting,
Ok..he was drinking and he kissed a stripper, who was looking for money from him, and only sees him as a source of that.. I have known a couple of strippers in my day. You have nothing to worry about. I highly doubt she cared if he lived or died.
0 Replies