Big Girls should take the stairs NOT the elevator

Piffka

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 12:20 pm
O'Bill, good thing you aren't an administrator for a school.

On the one hand, we're told that public schools aren't safe, the kids aren't learning anything, and they have no discipline. Then when some minor discipline is applied, who is it yells the most? Truly a lame response.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 01:58 pm
Oh please Piffka. The kid was thrown out of his home for making a joke in poor taste. Is that really your idea of "some minor discipline"? Shocked The administrator of this punishment is the most culpable person in the story. Not the sophomoric sophomore who's only crime is making a joke in poor taste.

Isn't it normally the more liberal thinkers who most vigorously defend the Bill of Rights? The hypocrisy of liberal minded folks like yourself applauding the trampling of this kid's Constitutional Rights, simply because he may have offended someone with his Constitutionally Protected speech is laughable. As someone pointed out earlier: This is Political Correctness gone mad.

If a girl had posted the identical sign, only about freshman guys, would you support kicking her out of her home for it? Rolling Eyes I think not. Idea
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 02:31 pm
As a junior high teacher, I have seen girls wearing t-shirts that read:
http://web.mit.edu/marissav/www/images/boys_are_stupid.JPG

Can't see a boy getting away with that, or a man creating an equivalent product and not being called a misogynist.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:22 am
candidone: That's a funny shirt, but why is that kid being chased by sperm?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 12:58 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Thanks again Joe. (Now I know what Q.E.D. means too! :wink:)

You have learned much, grasshopper.

Joe is one of those rare people who'll react to a compliment with scorn. Don't think this means he is stoic about what people think of him - laugh at him and he'll be indignant.

Ah, this ship of fools we're on ...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 01:03 pm
nimh wrote:

You wanna get real nervous? Look around. See any lifeboats?

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 01:07 pm
<looks around>

Uh-oh ...

Oh, what am I talking about? There's no point to a lifeboat anyway. Nowhere to go - they didnt put me up on this ship for nothin'.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 01:52 pm
nimh wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Thanks again Joe. (Now I know what Q.E.D. means too! :wink:)

You have learned much, grasshopper.

Joe is one of those rare people who'll react to a compliment with scorn. Don't think this means he is stoic about what people think of him - laugh at him and he'll be indignant.

Nimh, I wonder if you've seen the series "Kung Fu" from the 70's?
A young Shaolin Monk, Kwai Chang Caine,
http://www.theoretical.com/grass.gif
was affectionately labeled Grasshopper by
Master Po...
http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/library/photos/174/174128.jpg
It is my honor to be labeled grasshopper by Master Joe.<bows slightly>
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:06 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
It is my honor to be labeled grasshopper by Master Joe.<bows slightly>

<bows slightly in return> :wink:
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:15 pm
has anyone noticed that political correctness hasn't worked? If it did, there would be no move by the Democrats to the imaginary center!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:21 pm
Personally, I bet the elevator wrote the note.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:22 pm
When I was in high school and weighed 106 pounds, I still had "fat" thighs. We would now call the fat cellulite but then it was called adapose. A gym teacher advised girls to sit with legs extended and slap our thighs on the floor. Many of us did this and the ones that didn't, accused us of "advertising adapose." I think the poster this guy put up was on that level and I think that the girls should have taken it upon themselves to "black ball" him, simply ignore him. Probably much more effective than anything an "authority" could have done.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:28 pm
makemeshiver -- You got to the heart of the matter: the boob should be taking the stairs himself!

scoates -- But when bald guys are ridiculed, they resort to the dreaded comb over!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:05 pm
plainoldme wrote:
scoates -- But when bald guys are ridiculed, they resort to the dreaded comb over!!!
Not me. I joined Brett Favre in the crew cut tribute to his wife, Deanna (chemo therapy).

http://images.packers.com/pg/2004-12-12/photo1.jpg

(All right, I admit it. That sappy segment of Sex and the City brought tears to my eyes Embarrassed).
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:08 pm
Quote:
Personally, I bet the elevator wrote the note.

LMBO ---- I just tinkled in my pants.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:30 pm
Aside to nimh -

Do you recall that

Way back here, nimh, you wrote:
Quote:
Hint: the total electorate does not actually break up into equal parts of Dems, Reps and Independents.
To which I responded,
Quote:
Ahhh, but it does, Grasshopper. Observe:

In answer to which,
you wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
Quote:
Hint: the total electorate does not actually break up into equal parts of Dems, Reps and Independents.

Ahhh, but it does, Grasshopper. Observe:

Trip out! Whodathunk.

I really thought back then you had the "Grasshopper" reference handled. I guesss it would not be unlikely you might be unfamiliar with a '70s US TV series. That doesn't make you any less amazing. Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 03:00 pm
Why is Caine called "grasshopper?"
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 05:01 pm
Diggin' way deep into the "Whodathunk" file:

(Caine as a GIRL Gone Bad Question Exclamation Shocked Question Exclamation Laughing )

Kung Fu: The Ballet

From the booklet accompanying the CD:
Quote:
Combining martial arts, capoeira, hip-hop, and an eclectic musical score, it's a saga based on the Shaolin Temple of 17th-century China and a renegade monk who allies herself with Manchu invaders to destroy the temple. Voice of the Dragon is also an allegory about the bitterness of betrayal and opportunism and the strength of loyalty and integrity. It is the latest work from composer, artistic director, writer,
and conductor, Fred Ho.

Story Synopsis
The narrator, a time-traveling host, appears and magically creates the orchestra and characters, introducing us to the history of the Shaolin Temple. As the story unfolds, a baby girl, Gar Man Jang, is brought to the Shaolin Temple, abandoned by her father. The monks of the temple adopt the orphaned child. As she grows, the monks educate Gar Man in the mystical martial arts of the Shaolin. She learns quickly and receives her black belt - a high level of achievement in the martial arts - earlier than most other students.

Though Gar Man's skill is advancing rapidly in the temple, she grows impatient with the time-honored traditions of the Shaolin way. Her pride and ambition begin to take command of her personality. As punishment for her vanity, the elders of the temple order her to perform the menial duty of cleaning the monastery floor, a humbling task usually left to novices. Insulted, but too afraid to defy her elders, Gar Man begins to clean. But she is careless and breaks an ancient lamp. The sound of the crash causes an uproar in the temple. Gar Man is harshly reprimanded
by the elders for this carelessness and then left alone to clean up the mess. Gar Man's soul explodes with rage.

Meantime, Eunuch Chow Mae Ngai, a sly member of the Manchu imperial court is on a mission to infiltrate the Shaolin Temple and steal its secrets. Choe Mae Ngai disguises himself as a common beggar and sets himself outside the temple in hopes of finding a way in. He accosts Gar Man as she is sneaking out of the temple in the dead of night. He promises her riches and power if she will divulge the secrets of the Shaolin Way and plot with him to attack the temple. Gar Man, still seething from her disgrace, agrees.

The monks of the Shaolin Temple awake amid a massacre led by Gar Man and Chow Mae Ngai. A brutal battle ensues as the temple is burned to the ground and its treasures ravished. Five disciples manage to escape the slaughter and flee toward the safety of the marshes while Gar Man goes in search of the temple's secret scrolls.

Exhausted from their escape, the five disciples collapse under a peach tree far from their demolished temple. They vow loyalty to the Shaolin Way and agree to split up for safety and reunite years later to take revenge upon the traitor Gar Man Jang. While the temple burns above her, Gar Man Jang discovers the vault of the Shaolin Secret Scrolls. Reading them is forbidden for any but the highest elders of Shaolin.
(The Shaolin martial arts tradition is taught through an oral tradition, teacher to student.) Gar Man commits the ultimate betrayal and reads all the scrolls. The awesome power of this martial knowledge is too much for any human to handle at once and Gar Man undergoes a terrifying transformation. Her soul is turned inside out and she becomes a beast focused on killing the five who escaped her madness.

Ten years later, the five disciples reunite as they vowed under the peach tree. They learn that Gar Man has stolen the knowledge and power of the scrolls. Knowing that she has as much or more martial knowledge than they do, they set about creating a new tradition. Inspired by the lower classes, the five disciples invent a new form of martial arts they call Drunken Fist. They use this new form in a final battle against the beast Gar Man.

After the defeat of Gar Man Jang, the five disciples rebuild the temple and harmony is restored. But as the lights dim, the narrator reminds the audience that this story of loyalty and betrayal has been repeated throughout every century. As long as there is ambition without the honor and respect of tradition, this story will continue to be told.

You really don't even wanna ask how I came up with that - its a really long, strange story - even for timber.

Somethin' a little closer to The Real Deal: Liang-I Shaolin Kung Fu History page
0 Replies