I thought i Knew everything.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 09:57 am
How is this????

Is it just me, or does anybody else think this thread (which could have been a lot of fun) has gotten tiresome. Are most of this silly remarks meant to be taken literally or are they actually tongue in cheek. If it's the latter, I guess I don't get the joke. Will this continue to be a waste of time? I would like to know when I should stop reading the updates.

OK, I don't think that was rude, anyone else?????? Maybe blunt is not the right word, maybe I need another word to express "let's get to the point". Maybe brusque, or curt??? They actually connote rudeness to a degree................Are you folks actually trying to convince others how smart you are???? Come on guys and gals, loosen up a little bit. No one likes a tightass.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 10:12 am
Huh.
Quote:
You haven't lived your whole life yet, so be careful how you judge people.

I love unintentional, self-inflicted irony Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 10:35 am
glitterbag wrote:
How is this????

Is it just me, or does anybody else think this thread (which could have been a lot of fun) has gotten tiresome. Are most of this silly remarks meant to be taken literally or are they actually tongue in cheek. If it's the latter, I guess I don't get the joke. Will this continue to be a waste of time? I would like to know when I should stop reading the updates.

OK, I don't think that was rude, anyone else?????? Maybe blunt is not the right word, maybe I need another word to express "let's get to the point". Maybe brusque, or curt??? They actually connote rudeness to a degree................Are you folks actually trying to convince others how smart you are???? Come on guys and gals, loosen up a little bit. No one likes a tightass.

Wha?? I'm not sure I am following you....we were just conversing is all. I don't see how that makes any of the posters to this thread tightasses. Sad
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 10:44 am
Well, maybe I misunderstood the tenor of the posts. It seems that some folks are taking this way too seriously. If the rest of you are enjoying yourselves, have at it. But...........is anyone going to tell me that this is actually a bunch of people having a swell time or is the only thing that stuck out was my use of the word "tightass" and my "careful how you judge people" I agree that any type of communication could be called conversing, but is this actually friendly or are people really ticked off that someone alleges that they "know" everything"? Honest to God, you folks are confusing the hell out of me.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 10:48 am
Don't go feelin' too special there, glitterbag - you sure as hell ain't the only one confused ... not by a very, very long shot - that's the fun, IMO Laughing
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 10:55 am
glitterbag wrote:
Well, maybe I misunderstood the tenor of the posts. It seems that some folks are taking this way too seriously. If the rest of you are enjoying yourselves, have at it. But...........is anyone going to tell me that this is actually a bunch of people having a swell time or is the only thing that stuck out was my use of the word "tightass" and my "careful how you judge people" I agree that any type of communication could be called conversing, but is this actually friendly or are people really ticked off that someone alleges that they "know" everything"? Honest to God, you folks are confusing the hell out of me.

Well, in my perception of the thread, we were all conversing as real people and not anything about someone knowing all and someone knowing nothing. That's another thread altogether in my opinion.. Our talk in this thread was more personal and the gloves were off.. There was no boastfulness or braggery that I felt.. I am very sorry if you thought any of us were being tightasses, but I just don't see it nor see where. Sad
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:00 am
timberlandko wrote:
Don't go feelin' too special there, glitterbag - you sure as hell ain't the only one confused ... not by a very, very long shot - that's the fun, IMO Laughing

Maybe its just me, but I don't want dissension and hard feelings from one thread to carry over into every other thread. I took this thread on its own merit and learned some very wonderful things about some people that I hadn't known before.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:04 am
Well, I'm glad some people are enjoying this. I'm not aware of any hard feelings on anybody's part spilling over from other threads. I don't get here often enough to have strong feelings one way or another. Anyhow, you folks enjoy yourselves.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:46 am
Well, I enjoy the casual talk, and torturing certain people who claim to know everything. What I really don't know is if the people who claim such a thing are lying or being serious about it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:50 am
Check it out. Does my ass look tight in this thread?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:51 am
Well, good.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 11:59 am
Now that ya mention it, kicky ... ya might wanna have a word with your tailor 'bout those pants.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:13 pm
I don't know everything, but I do have a library card.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:14 pm
See how easy that was. The last 3 posts were funny.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:17 pm
I don't know everything because I don't know if I know everything.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:23 pm
kickycan wrote:
Check it out. Does my ass look tight in this thread?

Turn around again....real slow like......I need a better look. Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:25 pm
Lucifer wrote:
I don't know everything because I don't know if I know everything.

I don't think I know much, but what I do know I like! Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:27 pm
Even if I learn something new every day, I know there is a future of many years that will continue to ensure that I'll never know everything there is to know. Life is so short, dammit!
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:52 pm
Wouldn't you rather be happier that way, with a shorter life? If your life were shorter, you would have fewer things to suffer over. And fewer things you may not want to know.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 01:31 pm
Actually, Lucifer, I'm pretty happy in my present life, but longivity is not sought or expected. I hope I stay healthy during the rest of my life (both physical and mental), and I hope to never visit your "home" after my body ceases to operate.
0 Replies