I thought i Knew everything.

glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 04:19 pm
E, Yes, I agree! Class! take notes.
0 Replies

val

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:23 pm
Xior

In my humble opinion your persistent statement that "you know everything" is not so stupid as it seems. In fact I think it is a very good challenge.
I don't want to reopen that topic, just want to be sure I understand your statement. When you say you know everything, does "everything" means that you know all the right answers - this because you accepted to answer questions - or that you know all answers, the right ones and the false ones?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:26 pm
Well, I'm anxious for Xior to answer this question. Because personally its bugging me to death to know if he knows everything, or knows the answer to everything. Cause if its everything, than I have something I want to know....lol
0 Replies

Xior

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:39 pm
val wrote:
Xior

In my humble opinion your persistent statement that "you know everything" is not so stupid as it seems. In fact I think it is a very good challenge.
I don't want to reopen that topic, just want to be sure I understand your statement. When you say you know everything, does "everything" means that you know all the right answers - this because you accepted to answer questions - or that you know all answers, the right ones and the false ones?

it means i know everything
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:44 pm
Etruscia wrote:
Why yes, yes you may.

The warmth of comfort that embraces a heartbroken soul. Angelic you stand before me and I am honoured to take solace amongst thee. Smile
0 Replies

val

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:45 pm
Well, I was wrong.
0 Replies

Xior

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:45 pm
Lady J wrote:
Etruscia wrote:
Why yes, yes you may.

The warmth of comfort that embraces a heartbroken soul. Angelic you stand before me and I am honoured to take solace amongst thee. Smile

can i come in too?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:50 pm
Some folks find the anonymity of the 'net empowerin' - often, folks who have little control or influence over real-world events pertinent to them take great delight in stirrin' up other folks on discussion boards.

Given that lotsa folks on discussion boards are pretty easily stirred up, the practice has instant reward feedback for the perp. The more outrageous the interchange, the greater satisfaction - and encouragement - the perp gets. Where the power thing comes in is that the perp controls the game - he/she is the one castin' the bait, and selectin' which nibbles to play. That's what trollin' is all about; the point is to get folks wound up ... to play with 'em, to jerk 'em around.

If the idea of beatin' the troll at the troll's game is what drives someone to interact with the troll in such a "discussion", victory already is out of reach. There is only one way to "Win" against the game controler: change the game and take control away from the troll. Deprived of gratifying feedback, the troll goes away - usually sooner than later. Its not a lotta fun to be ignored when one's entire purpose is to be the center of attention. The only reason trolls survive and thrive is that there's plenty of folks out there ready, willin', and eager to feed the trolls just what they're lookin' for.
0 Replies

Xior

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:52 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Some folks find the anonymity of the 'net empowerin' - often, folks who have little control or influence over real-world events pertinent to them take great delight in stirrin' up other folks on discussion boards.

Given that lotsa folks on discussion boards are pretty easily stirred up, the practice has instant reward feedback for the perp. The more outrageous the interchange, the greater satisfaction - and encouragement - the perp gets. Where the power thing comes in is that the perp controls the game - he/she is the one castin' the bait, and selectin' which nibbles to play. That's what trollin' is all about; the point is to get folks wound up ... to play with 'em, to jerk 'em around.

If the idea of beatin' the troll at the troll's game is what drives someone to interact with the troll in such a "discussion", victory already is out of reach. There is only one way to "Win" against the game controler: change the game and take control away from the troll. Deprived of gratifying feedback, the troll goes away - usually sooner than later. Its not a lotta fun to be ignored when one's entire purpose is to be the center of attention. The only reason trolls survive and thrive is that there's plenty of folks out there ready, willin', and eager to feed the trolls just what they're lookin' for.

have to wonder why you know so much on the topic
10000 posts.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:57 pm
timberlandko wrote:
That's what trollin' is all about; the point is to get folks wound up ... to play with 'em, to jerk 'em around.

Quote:
Its not a lotta fun to be ignored when one's entire purpose is to be the center of attention. The only reason trolls survive and thrive is that there's plenty of folks out there ready, willin', and eager to feed the trolls just what they're lookin' for.

Your right Timber......... Smile
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 07:11 pm
Quote:
Why yes yes you may.
Quote:
The warmth of comfort that embraces a heartbroken soul. Angelic you stand before me and I am honoured to take solace amongst thee.

Quote:
can i come in too?

Sorry, its kind of an exclusive club. I mean, id let you in, but . . . there are procedures to go through, hoops to jump through its really just a mess. I did however do it for Lady J, but that i think is a one time thing
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:14 pm
Etruscia wrote:
Quote:
Why yes yes you may.
Quote:
The warmth of comfort that embraces a heartbroken soul. Angelic you stand before me and I am honoured to take solace amongst thee.

Quote:
can i come in too?

Sorry, its kind of an exclusive club. I mean, id let you in, but . . . there are procedures to go through, hoops to jump through its really just a mess. I did however do it for Lady J, but that i think is a one time thing

What the world knows, or what one individual knows is irrelevant. The more knowledge I consume, the less I know. Right now, this very instant, what I do know and garner strength from is being in the company of an angel, a friend, who understands that life is more than knowledge. Life is empathy in the arms of a stranger, a new friend to hold in the highest of esteem. Smile
0 Replies

Xior

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:39 pm
Lady J wrote:
Etruscia wrote:
Quote:
Why yes yes you may.
Quote:

Quote:
can i come in too?

What the world knows, or what one individual knows is irrelevant. The more knowledge I consume, the less I know. Right now, this very instant, what I do know and garner strength from is being in the company of an angel, a friend, who understands that life is more than knowledge. Life is empathy in the arms of a stranger, a new friend to hold in the highest of esteem. Smile

ok.. but i'm feeling really left out right now
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:56 pm
Xior wrote:
10000 posts.

No wonder to that at all partner; I've been interactin' in cyberspace via keyboard and monitor since before it was called cyberspace. When I got started, a color display was your choice of either white-on-green or amber-on-black, as opposed to the standard white-on-black, and the modem - 300 baud was fast - had a cradle with a mike and speaker onto which the telephone -which had first to be manually dialed - handset was placed when you wanted to connect to another user or a bulletin board (the fore-runners of what became The Web). When you were done, you picked up the handset and hung it back up on the phone.

The computer and modem I started out with looked sorta like this:

http://www.syssrc.com/html/museum/images/tandy1.jpg http://www.syssrc.com/html/museum/images/modemsub.jpg

Really cuttin' edge stuff in the early '80s - and cost about as much as a good used car.
0 Replies

Xior

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:59 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Xior wrote:
10000 posts.

No wonder to that at all partner; I've been interactin' in cyberspace via keyboard and monitor since before it was called cyberspace. When I got started, a color display was your choice of either white-on-green or amber-on-black, as opposed to the standard white-on-black, and the modem - 300 baud was fast - had a cradle with a mike and speaker onto which the telephone -which had first to be manually dialed - handset was placed when you wanted to connect to another user or a bulletin board (the fore-runners of what became The Web). When you were done, you picked up the handset and hung it back up on the phone.

The computer and modem I started out with looked sorta like this:

http://www.syssrc.com/html/museum/images/tandy1.jpg http://www.syssrc.com/html/museum/images/modemsub.jpg

Really cuttin' edge stuff in the early '80s - and cost about as much as a good used car.

stop trying to taunt me into your e-power gaming idealogoy thingies
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:59 pm
the keyboard looks like its embedded in a metal briefcase...
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:01 pm
Xior,

Why did you come in here, knowing you would alienate yourself from everyone, cause dissension and despise? We are not a spiteful, nor hateful group of individuals and we would be more than willing to embrace your trueness than bicker over your beliefs.. If you truly want to be loved, be lovable. If you want to be liked, be likeable. If you want to be embraced, be embraceable.....life is not as simple, nor as difficult as knowing everything. Life is on life's terms, with respect, with honour and with dignity....

If an embrace is what you seek, then I shall give it. I will not judge thee on your past, but on your actions in the here and now. We are all equipped to know all we need to know if our lifetimes. Whether that is everything or nothing has no relevance to another, but only to ourselves.

Open your heart, my friend and others will open unto you....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:04 pm
well said, lady j.

Xior is still playing the goaltender, trying to deflect perceived shots taken at him...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:10 pm
Hugs for everyone.

I, for one, learn something new everyday so I can't know everything. and I forget half of what I learn so I have to relearn it again.

Now, when I relearn it does it count as learning something new if I didn't remember learning it before./??????

Joe
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:12 pm
Thank you, Region. I have only reworded what so many before me have already said. It is not the destination that matters, but the journey in getting there that makes a difference. My own heart aches for this man, as a lonesome journey he must be on......
0 Replies