Does my extremely hard to read friend like me?

Lyanna

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2017 06:32 pm
I really like my best friend. Really, so much and for so long I might be slightly in love with him. We met in fifth grade and I was still too young to realize that I liked that boy with kind eyes who I befriend instantly. I moved to another country at the end of the school year and didn't hear from him until I moved back two years later to the same school. We became better friends and hung out with the same group. I fell for him. At the end, I tried to tell him that I really liked him but couldn't do more than let him know there was something I needed to say. I moved again and at the end of the school year I was away he started texting me every day. Then he told me he wanted to spend some time visiting me and living in my house. He was so excited and he even made a list of movies we could watch together and told me that everyday was a day closer to him coming. Some complications ocured and it was agreed that when I visited my home country in the summer he would leave with me. When I got there, he asked me to let him know when my plane landed. He gave me a ride everywhere and we hugged when we saw each other. When we went out with some other friends, he bought my ticket and offered me anything from the food court but I asked for nothing so he bought me an ice cream. We went to a party and we danced together and then I slept over at his house. We talked about really personal things and then we watched a movie. We sat as close as we could without touching, with him leaning towards me. He hasn't really texted me since but we are gonna see each other soon. He is the nicest person I've met, a perfect gentleman, so I don't know if he's actually interested because he has never hinted at it. I really need advice, anything at all is a blessing. Thanks

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2017 06:58 pm
@Lyanna,
Sounds to me like he's almost waiting for you to make the first move.

So make it! There's nothing wrong with putting your head on his shoulder when you're watching a movie together, or even taking his hand.

I realize you may be afraid of rejection, or of messing up the friendship. But this is a situation of nothing ventured, nothing gained. You are friends, and you have been for years. Even if the answer turns out to be no, he's not going to be a jerk about it.

See what happens.
Lyanna

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2017 07:33 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for replying:). I think want tell him I like him but I'm afraid it will ruin our friendship and make things awkward when he comes home with me. Should I still do it?
bunnyhabit

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2017 07:49 pm
sounds like a nice shy guy that is afraid to make the first move on you so maintains a friendly relationship.

you may not have to make the first move on him and get embarrassed by rejection. just flirt heavily with him, wear sexy clothes like a tight blouse and mini skirt. sit hard against him and get touchy feely with him. this should get him hot enough to make the first move on you.

if this fails you just are going to have to make the first move and let him understand you want a romantic relationship with him. i don't think this will be necessary if you follow my previous suggestions.
Lyanna

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2017 09:22 pm
@bunnyhabit ,
Thanks for answering. I might see him tomorrow so I'll try that. He really is hard to read and I think I might be too so I'll try to change that Smile
roger

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 12:51 am
@Lyanna,
He's interested, alright. He just needs a small clue that you are, too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 07:40 am
@Lyanna,
No big confessions of love. More like - do you want to go out some time?

It's 2017. You can ask him out.
Lyanna

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 10:08 am
@jespah,
Thanks, I will. I don't think I could keep hiding it much longer anyway.
0 Replies

skankhunt42

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 11:35 am
@Lyanna,
i really liked your story what happened after???? ^0^
0 Replies