Please help - living with a potentially chronic cheater

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 11:08 pm
Hi all,

I am new here...Really confused not sure what to do. I have a dififcult situation I go through. I am newly married. Its been 5 months. I just found that my partner is cheating on me and a possible chronic cheater. She keeps asking a lot about my male friends and tries to meet them up. Recently, I took her to a dentist where she was indirectly flirting with him, he did the same. now she is desperately trying to hook up with him. I am trying my best to keep her away. She had been a housewife, but now desperate to go out and work. She keeps asking everyday. Once when I took her near the dentist place, she started asking how far it is from home..which train to take etc. She doesnt ask directly but I know that its the only place she likes to go to in that area...by the way, we both are new to the area we live in. I even had a lot of fights and arguments on this - her attitude to look at all other men, my friends and the emotional affairs she has through Facebook ... But no evidence to prove what she is upto. She bluntly says that I have some psychological problem. Apart from this she also flirts on Facebook with God knows who...while I am away from home. I could sense that all but she doesnt let me touch her phone or computer. I am really not sure what to do because if I let her go for job now I am sure she will hook up with that dentist. I could forsee a bad outcome. I am confused. Please suggest me an idea or thoughts..I cannot control her from going out for job...

jespah

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 03:51 am
@gotcheated,
Wait a minute. Back up. Cheating?

All I am seeing is someone flirting on the phone (and keeping their privacy and not letting you snoop). Flirting happens - get over that - because if you go nuts about mere flirting, you are going to wreck this marriage if it's not already gone.

If she really has hooked up with someone - as in, kissed them, had sex or close to it, then feel free to be suspicious. But if the only proof is what's in your noggin, then, sorry, you are overthinking this and are not necessarily justified.

Why does she want to know which bus to take? Maybe she just wants to take the damned bus and not drive. Full stop. Questions are not necessarily her thinking about cheating on you at all.

I don't see her "desperately trying to hook up with" anyone.

Why is she talking to people on Facebook during the day? Did it ever occur to you that maybe she's just bored? Unless she's sending nudes and specifically telling these guys she wants to meet them, she is having a conversation because, like I said, she has no job and doesn't know anyone in a new town and is probably craving someone to talk to. Not screw. Talk to.

Right now, you have suspicions and no proof, and a lot of mistrust.

You either trust your wife, or you don't. And if you don't (and you really don't; it's obvious), then why continue in the marriage?
gotcheated

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 08:26 am
@jespah,
Hi Jespah,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I will wait if anything obvious happens and then continue this forum thread. Like I said I don't have any proof yet. No one would believe at this point, one might think I am paranoid. Anyways let me write here again. I hope nothing worse happens. If like you said, nothing is wrong, then I will write here a happy message. I hope I do it Smile
0 Replies