Where are you God?

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:22 pm
I was raised going to church until my dad died of cancer when i was 11. After that my life has been nothing but heartbreak and chaos. Im 30 now and about a year ago i met someone who helped reintroduce me to Christ. He has one of the strongest testimonies i have ever heard but yet just landed himself in jail facing decades behind bars. I just dont understand how God finally started to get through to me and then removed him from me when im still so unsure and doubtful lacking a true testimony of my own. I want to feel that conviction more than anything in the world but i feel like im 11 years old again and my dad just died and im lost in the wind. I know i need to learn how to put God first but i dont know how to make myself feel something i dont feel. I continue to sin and struggle with addiction and depression and have this aching hole in my heart. Something inside of me knows God is the answer but something inside of me is also rejecting it or something. Ive been reading the bible studying and investing serious time into God and i just dont feel like ive got any response from him . all i need is just a little peace of mind that im doing something right. Ive ran away and avoided things my entire life and im scared to death if i dont feel something soon ill stop searching and give up on God. I know a couple months of trying to reconnect with God doesnt make up for the last 20 years of complete chaos selfishness and sin but I need His help. I feel like im drowning. I know the unstability of my childhood and life has greatly impacted me in so many negative ways and deep down i yearn for a stable home and partner who knows and loves God and is willing to lead our family . I thought i found that but it was for such a brief brief moment. The guy Im dating tells me on the phone its wonderful how many people in jail hes getting to talk to about God and i really do think its great hes reaching people but what about me? I want God in my life i really really do . So why do i still feel so completely alone

rosborne979

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 04:58 am
@jamiemellien,
There is no God, there never was. Accept that you have to take responsibility for your own actions and your own choices. Be resolute and Make plans to address your issues. Select your friends carefully and you will not be alone.
jamiemellien

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 04:49 pm
@rosborne979,
How do you know. I mean like what has happened in yout life or what factors have led you to that decision
roger

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 05:05 pm
@jamiemellien,
Keep in mind that there is only one person that has the exact same experiences as yourself. Maybe that's the one you should be asking.
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 05:28 pm
@jamiemellien,
I can see you are in a similar mindset as people who go to meetings and talk about a higher power. It doesn't make any sense. If there is a higher power attempting to help you in life, why does it not prevent the problem in the first place?

Its like people think of god as some kind of Lifeguard but hes always taking a nap. If a person is drowning and yet he does nothing why would he be considered at all?

The fact is probably there is no god, so there is nothing there to help you. You have all the power to change, improve or accomplish things. It is your choice to be sober or intoxicated. It is YOUR choice for everything.

Your boyfriend went to jail? He's probably not going to be a very motivating, helpful or inspiring person in your life. You should probably move on from him. One of the strongest things holding most people down, are the people they chose to surround themselves with. These people can be a drag on improving your situation. They don't want you to succeed so they will mock, ridicule and prevent you from taking steps to improve.

Some times life is about cutting out the bad people, even if they are family. For people who are like minded and can support you in a positive way. People who are successful in life, generally surround themselves with people who are also trying to be successful. They ditch those who attempt to hold them down.

Another important aspect is to realize you have all the power and control to change what ever you need to change. NO god is going to light up the pathway you need to take. You have to decide, make a choice, brain storm what this means, see the steps you need to take for yourself.

Some aspects will be difficult and hard to make choices. But it is important not to get bogged down in them. You will know what difficult choice you NEED to make. Some sacrifices need to be made for you to improve your life situation.
rosborne979

Sat 24 Jun, 2017 09:55 pm
@jamiemellien,
jamiemellien wrote:
How do you know. I mean like what has happened in yout life or what factors have led you to that decision

How come when it's a two headed purple chicken everyone wants to see it. "Ok Dude, let's see t his chicken of yours... oh, you don't have it, and no photo's either I suppose. Hahaha, go have another drink and then tell us what you see."

But if the claim is an all powerful, universe creating, fire and brimstone GOD, then everyone's like, "Oh, yeh definitely. That makes complete sense, I'm good with that".

So along comes me, who says there's no God, just like there's no purple chicken. And you ask me how I came to that conclusion? What factors in my life have led me to conclude that there's no purple chicken?
TomTomBinks

Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:03 pm
@jamiemellien,
Hi Jamie, God here, sorry it took so long to respond. Look, I don't have time for you right now, so just listen to Rosborne and Krumple and you'll be fine. I promise!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:03 pm
@jamiemellien,
While you're waiting for your revelation, get on with your life.

Find someone to date who is not in prison and is not leading a life that will take him to prison.

Focus on work/education/good friends.

If you feel life is too difficult to cope with on your own, get counselling to help you learn how to handle things more effectively on your own.

The crutch of belief is not going to help you get through life.
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 04:46 pm
@jamiemellien,
Reply to jamiemellien:

You are concerned with what I call the search for God, by which you mean the existence of God, is that correct?

You see, I am a theist, and I am always keen to know what people mean by existence.

Now, I am not going to proselytize you at all, but I am just curious on how people think.

I have thought about the existence of God myself and come to the certainty that God exists, that is why I am very keen to know how others think as to come to the certainty that God does not exist.

So, to be honest, I just want to find out how they think, to learn how to think better, than them.

Is that all right with you, that I am going to ask you how you think, in particular on the existence of God?

Let us start with the concept of existence, do you have any at all concept of existence?
peacecrusader888

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 06:37 pm
Pretty soon, you will search for Him. It is as if you call someone and picked up the phone but does not answer. Even a Hello. How frustrating that would be. So, if you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God.
edgarblythe

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 06:44 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

Pretty soon, you will search for Him. It is as if you call someone and picked up the phone but does not answer. Even a Hello. How frustrating that would be. So, if you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God.

peacecrusader will pick one for you.
peacecrusader888

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 07:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
peacecrusader will pick one for you.

The true God is cited in John 17:3. He is the creator of Heaven and earth.
edgarblythe

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 07:26 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Cited for what? Speeding?
peacecrusader888

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 07:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Cited for what? Speeding?

No. John 17:3 tells about "the only true God."

0 Replies

Susmariosep

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 08:17 pm
@Susmariosep,
Dear colleagues here, I am waiting for your reactions to my thinking, see the quote below.

I brought up that idea in the quote below, in atheistforums.org, and also some other ideas like my experiences with internet forums, and from that thread of my experiences, I guided myself to that forum board in atheistforums.org designated for plain members to address questions to the forum staff personnel.

My question was whether I was in two posts I reproduced there for them to examine, I was calling out a member, that is a prohibited act in atheistforums.org.

You know what, that seems to be the final straw, for I got banned forever, on what ground? For massive trolling.

So dear colleagues here, please react to my idea in the quote below.

When I get the certainty that you deer colleagues here are not at all keen for us to talk about my idea in the quote below, I guess I will just ban myself here (for massive trolling).

Quote:
[Reply to jamiemellien author of the present thread OP:

You are concerned with what I call the search for God, by which you mean the existence of God, is that correct?

You see, I am a theist, and I am always keen to know what people mean by existence.

Now, I am not going to proselytize you at all, but I am just curious on how people think.

I have thought about the existence of God myself and come to the certainty that God exists, that is why I am very keen to know how others think as to come to the certainty that God does not exist.

So, to be honest, I just want to find out how they think, to learn how to think better, than them.

Is that all right with you, that I am going to ask you how you think, in particular on the existence of God?

Let us start with the concept of existence, do you have any at all concept of existence?

Krumple

Sun 25 Jun, 2017 11:11 pm
@Susmariosep,
Susmariosep wrote:

Concerned isn't the word I would use. It's more of curiosity as to how could a person even remotely believe a god created "this" (reality) and at the same time believe it has your best interest in mind. ie. (That is insanity.)

Susmariosep wrote:

No you are not. There is ZERO evidence to support the "existence" of a god yet you believe one does. So no you honestly don't.

Susmariosep wrote:

With reason, logic and evidence, none of which you seem to use on this topic.

Susmariosep wrote:

See this is where you theists always get it wrong. I don't have "certainty" that a god does not exist. The honesty here is that you are not certain one does. It's impossible to be certain that one does.

Susmariosep wrote:

The first step you'll need to take is to start actually thinking. Because right now you are not.

Susmariosep wrote:

Nothing in this reality supports the existence of a god. On top of that, if it did, it in no way suggests that it cares about you or anyone. Then on top of all that, it in no way means that anything else attributed to this god is also true. In other words, it's belief built upon belief built upon more belief. A stack of cards built on a wobbly table.

Susmariosep wrote:

Well we only have ONE perspective to chose from that we can honestly experience right now. We do not know if there is in fact any other kind of existence. We can speculate but absolutely nothing is known about any other kind. Therefore this is all we can know for now, so it is what we call existence.

Does a god exist?

I don't know and neither do you. (Fact)
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:05 am
@Susmariosep,
Jamiemellien believes in God, she just doesn't know how to fit this belief into her life in regard to religious moral behavior, sin; unhealthy behavior, addiction; and also metal health, depression. I think she'd be better off separating the first concern, sin, from the other two seeing as how the other two, addiction and depression, can be dealt with on a physiological and psychological level with medical professionals.
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:52 pm
Dear Krumple, you say you have no certainty of God and neither I.

That is interesting, but when you examine yourself, it is not no certainty but attitude of there being no God, and that attitude is your emotional conviction certainty that there is no God

And it affects your thinking, so that your thinking is not grounded on truths, facts, logic, and the best thoughts of mankind since the dawn of human conscious intelligence.

I say, “Let us start with the concept of existence, do you have any at all concept of existence?”

You say: “Well we only have ONE perspective to chose from that we can honestly experience right now. We do not know if there is in fact any other kind of existence. We can speculate but absolutely nothing is known about any other kind. Therefore this is all we can know for now, so it is what we call existence.”

You see, your attitude is again coming to the fore, instead of thinking on what you know to be existence, you make up words which are equivalent to what I call essentially evasion, nothing more: though you fool yourself to feel so smug – over nothing of any genuine thinking on what should be from your genuine thinking is existence.

Okay, dear readers, let us sit back and await with bated breath for Krumple to react to my observation that he is essentially doing nothing of any productively genuine thinking, but always motivated by an attitude of evasion from thinking, owing to his attitude in the ultimate analysis to arbitrarily deny that God exists.

Please keep tuned to this exchange between yours truly and Krumple.

Okay Krumple, produce something as to let us all readers of this thread see anything at all from genuine thinking on your part, instead of making up empty words by which you feel so smug, but it is all evasion from doing the genuine thinking on what for your is your concept of existence.

No need to evade my challenge to do genuine thinking, by commenting on incidental words from my part, just produce from your genuine thinking on what is existence.

Dear readers, I have the temptation and that is an attitude to predict that the man will go again into evasion and yet feel so smug, but when he examines himself he is doing nothing of any genuine thinking but engaged in evasion, from the genuine task of thinking, on what is existence.

InfraBlue

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 01:36 pm
@Susmariosep,
Why don't you come out with what you're getting at instead of pussyfooting around it.

What is this "concept of existence" that you're dying to enlighten us with.
0 Replies

Krumple

Mon 26 Jun, 2017 03:53 pm
@Susmariosep,
Susmariosep wrote:

I say, “Let us start with the concept of existence, do you have any at all concept of existence?”

You never addressed anything I responded to in the post I quoted and broke down. Yet you think I need to explain myself, when I have clearly done so. If you can't understand it, maybe you lack the intellect to do so. Which is why the words seem like "empty words".

I have already explained the problem with discussing "existence". We have NOTHING to compare it with. So we all make a base assumption that this, here (reality) as we experience it as existence itself. But this assumption could be completely wrong, but we have no way of verifying it. At the same time we have zero information, or evidence that there is any other kind of existence other than this one. We have NOTHING to base any facts that there is any other forms of existence. It is completely conjecture if you even try.

Or is all that more "empty words". Nothing empty about it. Maybe you need to start thinking rather than just blindly accepting certain things to be true when they are baseless and unfounded?

A god could technically exist, but we have no way to verify it. On top of that we can't determine if this god even cares that we exist or that it even created the universe. All of this is assumed to be true. None of it can be examined or verified to be true. Assumption built upon assumption with even more assumption.

There are a finite number of possibilities. They can't all be true.

1. There is no god.
2. There is a god but it did not create the universe.
3. There are multiple gods.
4. There is a god and it created the universe but does not care about you or anyone.
5. There is a god but its not the christian god, it's something else entirely.
6. There is a god, it created the universe and wants to see you suffer in it for it's enjoyment.
7. There is a god and it created the universe for your well being.

There are a limited number of options but notice that a HUGE majority of those options do not have your best interest in mind. All these are possible to be true yet we have absolutely NO way to determine which one is true. But theists like to assume they know which one is true. But they are delusional and dishonest when they regurgitate it as if it were a fact.