jamiemellien

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:15 pm
@rosborne979,
Yes what factors
0 Replies

jamiemellien

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:31 pm
@glitterbag,
I appreciate it. Its been months since i wrote or even remembered i wrote this. I went to a rehab for 90 days and still am at a loss about what i believe about God. All im looking for in life is peace. I still havent found it but despite how i feel at times i have an 8 year old daughter who loves her mama and shes my responsibility so i have to keep on keepin on for her sake. I know what my beliefs are as far as right and wrong and ur right i just dont know if there is a God but i do know how i feel a good person should live their lives and i guess thats all i can strive for
jamiemellien

Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:35 pm
@Susmariosep,
Monitor my thread? Im not embarassed to say most of all that back and forth left me with my head spinning utterly confused. The people who honestly reached out to me i did reply to in messages. The rest of it... Why reply when it doesnt concern me or is over my head
0 Replies

hunterandforager

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 08:56 pm
@jamiemellien,
@jamiemellien you can carry on praying if that works for you, praying for divine intervention to come down and, hopefully sometime soon, relieve you of the responsibility to look after yourself, or you can take control of what takes place in your life today, not what has taken place in your past, but today, right now. So, who are you going to be about it? That person who feels alone? Someone who feels addicted and depressed? You don't have to be that person, not anymore. There are people who want YOU in their life...
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Mon 12 Feb, 2018 02:32 pm
Praying to God is an act of religion.

I am into philosophy when I talk about the existence of God.

In my own personal relationship with God* I bring in philosophy and tell Him that I know from certainty with thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the best thoughts of mankind from since the dawn of man's conscious intelligence, that He God exists.

And on the other hand I really don't know to date how and why He acts the way I seem to see He does act or not act.

*Here is my concept of God (from philosophy):
God in concept is first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

If God is not in concept first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning, then I will be the first to tell Him:

Dear God, you can go and play golf or jump into a lake and stay there, but I am still looking for evidence to the existence of the genuine God, Which corresponds to the concept of first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.
Sturgis

Mon 12 Feb, 2018 02:56 pm
@Susmariosep,
Quote:
Praying to God is an act of religion.

I disagree. Although raised in two faiths which spoke of God, I am of no religion.

Quote:

If Gods is not..

Then I will be the first to tell him:

...God you can go jump in a lake....

It amuses me something awful when somebody does this. If God doesn't exist, then why would you be talking to him/her/all?

I've had screaming sessions at God. I yell and carry on, then realize how absurd I must appear and soon after apologize to God or whatever is out there. After all, God or whatever put together this earth and other things, so, maybe it would be better for me to show appreciation and gratitude.

As to God and existence, my current belief is there are many spirits out in the ether and they work together for all the rest of us growing in this particular universe. Am I wrong? I'll find out when I die...or not.

If a person lives a decent life and has remorse for the bad things they may have done, then the spirits will accept the person, whether they believe in God or not.
Susmariosep

Mon 12 Feb, 2018 03:38 pm
@Sturgis,
Dear Sturgis, thanks for your reaction to my thoughts.

I will just imbue you with the idea of what I call rhetorical statements, okay?

That should enlighten you with the habit of mankind to pray to God even with the proviso that if God does not exist: that is what we call a conditional act.

Now, there is such a distinction as between religion and philosophy.

Between the two, religion is more of emotions, while philosophy is more of the purely rational pursuit of knowledge.

Tell you what, or if I may, let me ask you what is your information on the concept of God?

My information on the concept of God is as follows:

God in concept is first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.
0 Replies

1998nena

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 09:49 pm
@Krumple,
except the same could easily be applied to all concepts concerning the world. its like saying "why do bad things happen?" when the answer is already in your question, being that they just do - there is always going to be balance in this world of "good" and "evil". so regardless of your beliefs surrounding God, good cannot be the set default in a world likewise with bad. a balance must happen, if there were only "good" in this world then any minor infraction could be deemed punishable, so in a way, having the bad just balances things out. im a believer of God, or in other words "a higher power", but even i am able to recognize the need for balance of good and evil is a must.
chai2

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 09:57 pm
@1998nena,
1998nena wrote:

there is always going to be balance in this world of "good" and "evil".

Why?

That a tossed off statement. What makes you think there's always going to be a balance in anything?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:12 pm
@jamiemellien,
I just found your post, and am sorry I am just getting to it. I hope the rehab has been beneficial and I urge you to not stress to much about a particular belief regarding God. Concentrate on what you know about right and wrong and try to live without fear of the 'proper' belief. Take good care of yourself so you can take good care of your daughter.....and let me share a secret....most people are not as confident as they appear...please don't think of yourself as a lesser being, chances are that others are insecure but just a little more skilled at hiding their insecurities.
0 Replies