DATING

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 03:47 pm
SO MY GIRLFRIEND SAID SHE LIKES ME BUT HOW DO I CONVINCE HER PARENTS I'M THE RIGHT ONE FOR HER

jespah

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 03:56 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
How long have you been dating? How old are both of you? What is the culture where you live? Do her parents like you at all? Have you met before? How did it go if you did? Are your intentions marriage or something else?

Also, please stop using all-caps; it's like shouting on the internet. Thank you.
PANTHER-WP

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:00 pm
@jespah,
4 months

and they are basing it off my truck which has 5 1/2 lift on it and the music i play
we are both 22 and have met multiple times but her dad is still skeptical of me
jespah

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:11 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
Well, the truth is, not everyone is going to get along and that can be frustrating but that's just the facts.

You should be polite (as you would be with anyone), clean (of course), and your word should be good - so if you say you'll have your girlfriend back home at 1 AM, then that doesn't mean 2:30 AM. In short, don't give him reasons to not like you, if that makes any sense.

You shouldn't take abuse, of course, but if you can eliminate at least some of his surface concerns, things will be easier all around.
PANTHER-WP

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:14 pm
@jespah,
what about my music should i watch what songs i play and how loud

because personally i am one of those people who likes to cruise down side roads windows down radio turned up loud
jespah

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:19 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
Maybe not so loud.

I am of the generation where the parents thought Ozzy Osbourne was going to lead young people straight to Satan worship. Ten years before me, it was the Beatles. Ten years before that, it was Elvis. Ten years after me, it was rap music that would surely make every listener into a criminal.

Unless you're listening to white power/Klan/Nazi stuff then you're fine with what you're listening to. People have different tastes and there is nothing wrong with that. I do, though, suggest turning it down at least when around him simply because - just because you have the freedom to listen doesn't mean he needs to be subjected to your music.

Also, please don't tell me you're listening to Nickelback. Wink
PANTHER-WP

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:24 pm
@jespah,
FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE is what i listen to
jespah

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:33 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
Oh then I think he's being kinda silly about that - just keep it under deafening levels.
ossobucotemp

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:45 pm
@jespah,
I've long liked some loud music in my (or our) car, but I'm not keen on it being loud through neighborhoods - but side roads? why not, eh? Maybe it depends on the road and how populated it is, if it is at all.

I think of loud as 'traveling music', and like a lot of kinds of music, from rock, classical, even opera (which I learned to like later in life). I like symphonies when driving through mile after mile of forest..

Anyway, good luck on the dating,
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 05:17 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
PANTHER-WP wrote:

what about my music should i watch what songs i play and how loud

because personally i am one of those people who likes to cruise down side roads windows down radio turned up loud

Are her parents walking along those side road? Otherwise, how do they know you do that?

If you aren't always on the side roads when you have your music turned up full blast, and are thinking you are giving everyone the gift of your music, then there's a problem.

PANTHER-WP

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 06:29 pm
@chai2,
they hear when i turn in the driveway
chai2

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:01 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
Well then stop being an idiot and turn the volume down.

Is that so hard?
0 Replies

johnperes

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:17 am
@PANTHER-WP,
Just ask your girlfriend, to arrange a small get-together with her family at home where you are also invited. Visit there with well dress up and confidence. Be affectionate with your girlfriend and give respect to her parents. Your confidence and respect can make a space for you in her parent's heart.Wish you a very good luck.
0 Replies

Kelly1994

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 03:00 am
If you think you both want to live together forever, then I guess there is nothing to worried about just go and ask them out straight.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:27 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
Quote:
HOW DO I CONVINCE HER PARENTS I'M THE RIGHT ONE FOR HER
You need only convince her parents that you will always love their little girl. It is the girl you must convince that you are the right one for her. lol

At least you have the good sense to like Florida-Georgia Line.
celebritydiscodave

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 07:53 pm
@CoastalRat,
You may have to convince her parents that you are right for her because without so doing her parents influence may finish up greater than your own. In terms of what you do and do n`t do in an endeavour to keep her keep on the side of caution.
0 Replies

celebritydiscodave

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 08:00 pm
@PANTHER-WP,
By first establishing which qualities they are looking for, and then taking it that they/you/she considers this to be an imperative/adequately desirable by, step two, pointing yourself in the right general direction. Have this conversation with her.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 03:39 pm
When you drive up to THEIR home, you are in THEIR space and ought to respect that.

If you want to impress her parents then stop makung it all about you.
celebritydiscodave

Thu 6 Jul, 2017 12:28 pm
@PUNKEY,
Agreed, but the little bit which may be required to be about him should be positive.
0 Replies