Liberal Cartoonists, Liberal Racism

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 10:32 am
dare2think wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
I agree thaat the attacks on Chelsea Clinton by that drug poppin balloon head were truly evil . because Chelsea wasnt part of anything , she was only te young daughhter of a president.

Me too.

And the attacks on the Bush twins by the Left were equally despicable.

I have never heard any public figure call the Bush twins anything insulting, evil or mean-spirited, never. So don't try to spin this.

Chelsea was a 12 year old child when that monster said that.
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 10:58 am
Larry434 wrote:
dare2think wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
I agree thaat the attacks on Chelsea Clinton by that drug poppin balloon head were truly evil . because Chelsea wasnt part of anything , she was only te young daughhter of a president.

Me too.

And the attacks on the Bush twins by the Left were equally despicable.

I have never heard any public figure call the Bush twins anything insulting, evil or mean-spirited, never. So don't try to spin this.

Chelsea was a 12 year old child when that monster said that.

You are really really dense, what you posted has nothing to do with insulting and tramatizing a 12 year old child, by calling her a dog on live radio. Are you this dense?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:18 am
dare2think wrote:

You are really really dense, what you posted has nothing to do with insulting and tramatizing a 12 year old child, by calling her a dog on live radio. Are you this dense?

What does that have to do with the topic at hand, which is the flagrant racism and hate which you see in mainstream liberal newspapers like the Washington Post, and the fact that democrats view blacks who refuse to be democrats as genetically defective and/or as guilty of some sort of racial treason, and effectively treat them as outlaws, i.e. as outside any sort of law of civilized or normal conduct?
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:42 am
gungasnake wrote:
dare2think wrote:

What does that have to do with the topic at hand, which is the flagrant racism and hate which you see in mainstream liberal newspapers like the Washington Post, and the fact that democrats view blacks who refuse to be democrats as genetically defective and/or as guilty of some sort of racial treason, and effectively treat them as outlaws, i.e. as outside any sort of law of civilized or normal conduct?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:45 am
Quote:

ditto
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:53 am
farmerman wrote:
hmmm, you could be right, I havent seen it.
That would be Aunt Yomama.

I used to do political cartoons for a small series of town papers. I drew the mayor of this one town as Boss Hogg and the publisher was his best friend, so Ii got fired (after the cartoon was published). The publisher read everything that was written and drawn. He was anal , so my message needed saying but I was an example of usin a stereotype and that would not be tolerated. Im so not impressed with this issue.
What would we go after Condi about ? You have to remember that the visual is at best a 5 second opportunity to make a point. We ere given cartooning in Art school and we studied some of the old NAst cartoons where the cartoon was so busy that it was almost a story in itself. Our style today is definately made for quick digestion.
I saw one right after election day. It had Bush staring at Cheney and rove with that vapid look hes patented .The line was
"NOW WHAT?".
Simple and elegant

That is a good one. I am sorry you got fired for such a stupid reason. On the whole I agree that a lot of cartoonist are not racist. It is just that yesterday I spent a lot time finding something to put in the image thing so I could get it right and I ran across a few racist ones.

On average I would say that most well respected cartoonist are not racist and maybe the ones that did those are not racist and was just going for a quick laugh without thinking. Most of the time racist comments are like that but it does not make it any better.

I did run across one yesterday that I was really impressed with. It was where Condi was larger than life all get up in a military gear holding a big gun one hand and Bush looking small and with a silly girlie grin on his face. There was another one where it showed Condi and Bush in bed together. Those were not racist and got the points across.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:59 am
LOL, d2k. So you meant to say you haven't heard any public figure referring to the Bush twins as dogs. O.K.

But the slurs of the Bush twins I posted are insults and slurs none the less...and by people in the same business as Limbaugh...entertainment.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:24 pm
Quote:
But the slurs of the Bush twins I posted are insults and slurs none the less...and by people in the same business as Limbaugh...entertainment

It's not the same.

When you've been caught, on film, drunk, several times,and your father is the president, it isn't a slur, it's a pattern.

Or when you use the secret service agent hired to protect you in order to bust your friend out of jail?

Or how about presenting fake ID's at a restaraunt?

The insults towards Chelsea and the jokes made about the Bush twins are completely different, in that 12 year old Chelsea Clinton couldn't help people comparing her to a dog; whereas the twins brought the ridicule on themselves through their poor judgement and margninally legal actions.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:51 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
But the slurs of the Bush twins I posted are insults and slurs none the less...and by people in the same business as Limbaugh...entertainment

It's not the same.

When you've been caught, on film, drunk, several times,and your father is the president, it isn't a slur, it's a pattern.

Or when you use the secret service agent hired to protect you in order to bust your friend out of jail?

The insults towards Chelsea and the jokes made about the Bush twins are completely different, in that 12 year old Chelsea Clinton couldn't help people comparing her to a dog; whereas the twins brought the ridicule on themselves through their poor judgement and margninally legal actions.

Cycloptichorn

Yup, like rape victims, they were asking for it and deserved every bit of what they got. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:52 pm
Actually, not like that at all.

What a poor analogy you have chosen to use.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:54 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Actually, not like that at all.

What a poor analogy you have chosen to use.

Cycloptichorn

You are rationalizing, cyc.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:58 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

It's not the same.

Cycloptichorn

Yup, like rape victims, they were asking for it and deserved every bit of what they got. Rolling Eyes

I personally don't favor all the media attention lavished on the Bush girls, but you should be called out for making that parallel. Rape victims have done nothing illegal--they're victims of a horrible crime. Underage drinking and using fake ID is illegal (though innocuous). You can't honestly compare the two.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:03 pm
Yup, it was an exaggerated response to the claim the Bush girls were asking for it and deserved what they got... like prosecutors sometimes hint to the jury re: rape victims, wolf.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:06 pm
Yeah, it's actually not like that at all. To compare the media attention given to the Bush daughters re: their binge drinking isn't comprable to a rape victim in any fashion. I know some rape victims who would have some harsh words for you if they read what you wrote, Larry, though I know you didn't mean it in a bad way.

It is not rationalizing to point out a poorly used analogy....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:12 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yeah, it's actually not like that at all. To compare the media attention given to the Bush daughters re: their binge drinking isn't comprable to a rape victim in any fashion. I know some rape victims who would have some harsh words for you if they read what you wrote, Larry, though I know you didn't mean it in a bad way.

Cycloptichorn

As I said, "it was an exaggerated response to the claim the Bush girls were asking for it and deserved what they got... like prosecutors sometimes hint to the jury re: rape victims..."
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:54 pm
gungasnake wrote:
dare2think wrote:

Is that the topic gungasnake? Then what do Chelsea Clinto or the Bush twins have to do with this thread? I say people are talking apples and oranges vs strawberries here...

Now that I've cleared THAT up... :wink: Ahem, I disagree with the topic at hand being about flagrant racism and hate we see portrayed in the mainstream newspapers... Correct me if I'm wrong, but CARICATURE EXAGERATES RECOGNISABLE FEATURES regardless of party lines or race... I mean, haven't we all seen Bush as a chimp with big monkey ears or as Alfred E. Neuman, and John Kerry as Lurch, or as Batman with Edwards as Robin? Don't you all remember the ones of Clinton in his heart boxers with a fat cigar and a fatter brunette? Condi is "practically a memebr of the Bush family," I have heard, and THAT IS WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT A PET. And she has been heard to parrot what the current administration presents to the public... Then the one of her as Miz Prizzy, why I thought THAT WAS SO FUNNY. Not because it's racist or sexist, but b/c she came out saying stuff like, she KNEW the uranium was for nuclear weapons, that her assessment and judgement were correct, above reproach, based upon her "credentials..." weren't those the reasons Miz Prizzy was left to birth Miss Melanie's baby??? Then Prizzy freaks, and Miss Scarlet has to slap her and do it herself. ROFLMAO! THAT is what's going to happen when Condi becomes Secretary of State...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:54 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

As I said, "it was an exaggerated response to the claim the Bush girls were asking for it and deserved what they got... like prosecutors sometimes hint to the jury re: rape victims..."

Larry, you're all wet on this one. It was a poor and inflammatory analogy.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:56 pm
Larry, you're all wet on this one. It was a poor and inflammatory analogy

Naw. It was an exaggerated response to the claim the Bush girls were asking for it and deserved what they got... like prosecutors sometimes hint to the jury re: rape victims..
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:57 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Naw. It was an exaggerated response to the claim the Bush girls were asking for it and deserved what they got... like prosecutors sometimes hint to the jury re: rape victims..

0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 03:02 pm
MerlinsGodson wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

I am not playing on your merry go round of denial, MG.
0 Replies