Trying to understand homosexuality..Please advise

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 06:04 pm
Lions and ducks and cats and dogs and all that don't hide it, cos other animals aren't all smegged up over it.
0 Replies

betrayed123

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 06:33 pm
Gay or not/ You're right its time to move on.....
I'll miss his family..at least I have my work...and workouts...Now if it would just stop raining...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 06:34 pm
You're a coastal woman, betrayed. Grab your slicker and get out for a walk. Do like I do, and pretend it's seaspray!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:31 pm
furiousflee wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Not natural?
Someone skipped at least a few classes in biology.
Rolling Eyes

How many male lions do you see mounting other male lions, in nature they normally fight over their women....why would humans be so different, it's just not natural for man to be on man...

....laws my friends...laws.....

There's been gay men and lesbian women since time immemorial ... accounts of it in literature from so many different historical eras, different places ... would it keep on happening all across the world throughout history if it were unnatural?
0 Replies

aquatic chill

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 10:02 am
okay umm... i was doing a google search for certain statistics and for some reason this site came up, but i figured I'd answer anyways since I seem to apply Smile well I am a gay man (19), and i talk about my relationships with my straight male friends, as well as female friends. i would say in general, though, most gay men probably don't tell straight male friends about that sort of stuff. As far as this whole "in the closet thing," because in this society you're assumed to be straight unless you express otehrwise, a lot of people just feel trapped in teh system. Like in my case, my sexuality doenst concern me at all, and i just find the act of having to come out to people annoying, but if you dont tell them then they feel betrayed or what not, it's overly complicated =P I would imagine if i married a woman and had kids... then i would be scared shitless to come out, i would feel so horrible. I'd feel like i'd been lying to myself but MOST importantly, i'd been lying to these peopel that i love for so long. Im not sure what i'd do in that situation, if i'd stay or leave... but thankfully i come from a loving household and learned to love myself, sexuality included, a looooong time ago, so i'd never be in that situation Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 10:06 am
Good for you mate !!
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:45 pm
Yeah, good for you. We needed your perspective on this post. I am glad that your family seems to be supportive. I think that is very important in our society, because, while it may not SEEM natural to us, it does to you, and we can't change that, and shouldn't want to.
0 Replies

aquatic chill

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 12:54 am
thanks guy Smile I never actually thought about it in 'those' words, seeming natural, but it does. most of my friends dont believe in any sort of god, but personally i do, and i believe i was created this way for a reason, to push my life in a direction it wouldnt have gone in otherwise, to make me a better person, overall. so in that sense, it's completely natural. but hey, even if there isnt a god, homosexuality occurs all the time in the animal kingdom, so either way it's natural enough Laughing
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 10:26 am
Exactly. As I said in earlier posts, I am totally for gay rights, because I have gay friends, and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM!!!! That is what some biased individuals don't (and prolly never will) realize. I meant what I said about being natural, though. I don't believe that it is a choice, somuch as a fact. There are many ppl who feel it, but deny it. These ppl are denying their very nature, and that is not right, to live your entire life under a lie. Anyways, good luck on life!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 10:52 am
I would go so far as to say that those who feel it but deny their very nature aren't behaving "naturally."
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:02 pm
exactly. Laughing One's human nature cannot be change. You know, about the God thing, I have met just as many deeply religious gay ppl, as straight ppl. You know, it is weird that most of the straight ppl who invoke the Bible, don't attend church regulary, cuss like a sailor, are permiscuous, and and are overall hypocrits. Gay ppl just accept who and what they are, and hope that God loves them, because he loves everyone. There is reallyno difference in what "sin" you commit, and many of the ppl that believe that they will be in heaven before a gay person, forget that they prolly sin just as much, if not more. (Eva, hope you get to Venice :wink: )
0 Replies

HeWhoisaRabbit

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:03 pm
Funny how people react...
I room with a gay friend... yes, he talks to me, but keeps the details to himself, by the way... but we had the funniest thing happen a few weeks ago.

He answers the door, and there are two people (one man, one woman) standing there. They go on thier shpeel about how they represent a local church and how they'd like to invite him to church, and would he like to make a donation, etc...

So I throw my arm around his neck and say "Who's there, darlin'?", and they get all wide eyed. Obviously they didn't think his money was good enough, because they ran off like a pair of scared rabbits.

I don't usually do this, but these two people had been to our place several times, with no success. It just gets a bit redundant after a while.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:50 pm
I think it's great! That is so funny....serves them right. Very Happy
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:05 pm
that's great!!!!! I am glad you have such a good sense of humor. Some holy ppl they were. Jeez though, that kinda pisses me off that they ran. Ahhh well, good story.
0 Replies

HeWhoisaRabbit

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 10:53 pm
To the Rescue
Yeah, I try not to let the assholes of the world bother me.

My friend and I go everywhere together, and people assume that since he's gay, we can't just be out having fun or anything. All kinds of bad looks.

Before I knew Toby, I'd probably have been throwing around "ewwww, gross" comments just like everyone else. But it really puts it in perspective, when you see the other side.

That whole thing about homosexuals hiding because they know its wrong? Thats bull. They hide because they have to in a world as close-minded as ours.

For example, we've been threatened before. Gives me the chills, because the ones doing the threatening have trucks and pitchforks and live 'out in the boonies' and tell us we live in sin. So, unfortunately, its the religous ones we've got to watch more carefully.
0 Replies

aquatic chill

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 12:19 pm
hahahah! that story's hilarious! sorry i didnt post for so long... i've been out of town.
but people who behave like that do so because they're
afraid, and their religion is just a crutch for them. if they truly believed in what they preach
and the 'love' of god they would make every effort to accept homsexuals just as much as anyone else.

hewhoisarabbit makes a good point too. 'most' homosexuals i would imagine dont conceal themselves
because they're horribly ashamed, but just because our society makes them. i could be very very
flaunting in my sexuality if i so desired, and if i had that type of personality, but that would really just
make my daily school and work life harder than it needs to be. i dont always tell people just because
it's easier not to sometimes, not because i care about it at all.

i have one friend who did a research
project for a class last year about how homosexuality is okay, and why gay marriage should
be legal, but from a BIBLICAL perspective! i read a lot of her material and it was so interesting,
all the arguments against homsexuality from the bible are just... plays on words. besides, the bible was
originally written in greek, latin, and hebrew right? so it has been multiple times translated, and
yet people still want to take it word for word.... and then try to create some sort of interpretation
from it to suit their opinions... hell, anyone could do that with anything. the bible is so vague you
could convince yourself that it says anything you want it to! all this stuff about how homsexuals
being perverted and such.... im sure it's true with some people, gay and straight,
but personally, i dont think im any more perverted than anyone else. gays are always
stereotyped in movies and such, oftentimes as just... well sluts. but the fact of teh matter is,
all 'I' want as far as relationships go, is to have ONE partner for my entire life... and somehow, that
doesnt seem quite as perverted to me as the majority of society who.. well... get around.

ahhh it's such a nice world we live in Smile wow i typed a lot, anyways, time to work on spanish paper! (i think this forum got me addicted, i keep coming back.... hahah)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 01:09 pm
You cannot escape your nature.
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 02:57 pm
How was your trip? Anywayz, I would like to see some of that paper from the biblical standpoint. That's very interesting. Plus, you are right about the translations. The Bible has changed through the different translations. People always "tweak" what they don't like, and PEOPLE are responsible for translations. And yes, this post is a little addictive, even for (or ESPECIALLY for) a straight person
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:47 pm
Wow, this topic kinda died. Anyone interested in picking it back up?
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:49 pm
Wow, this topic kinda died. Anyone interested in picking it back up?
0 Replies