Wed 31 May, 2006 12:05 am
lol
0 Replies

A-glow

Wed 31 May, 2006 11:56 am
Good Morning,

Paul wrote in his letter to the Roman church:

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

IN THE KING JAMES BIBLE the language simply reflects the manner of speaking in that century of translation. Today's english is the same message, written as english is spoken in the United States in the twentieth century. I simply prefer reading these truths expressed without the eth's and the unnecessary t's on the end of words. The Spirit has not changed.
The message is HOLY in the Spirit of God, not given to men's natural and/or intellectual understanding.

This is another chapter of Paul's inspired letters:

Romans 6
1 What shall we say, then? Should we continue to live in sin so that God's grace will increase?

2 Certainly not! We have died to sin--how then can we go on living in it?

3 For surely you know that when we were baptized into union with Christ Jesus, we were baptized into union with his death.

4 By our baptism, then, we were buried with him and shared his death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from death by the glorious power of the Father, so also we might live a new life.

5 For since we have become one with him in dying as he did, in the same way we shall be one with him by being raised to life as he was.

6 And we know that our old being has been put to death with Christ on his cross, in order that the power of the sinful self might be destroyed, so that we should no longer be the slaves of sin.

7 For when we die, we are set free from the power of sin.

8 Since we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

9 For we know that Christ has been raised from death and will never die again--death will no longer rule over him.

10 And so, because he died, sin has no power over him; and now he lives his life in fellowship with God.

11 In the same way you are to think of yourselves as dead, so far as sin is concerned, but living in fellowship with God through Christ Jesus.

12 Sin must no longer rule in your mortal bodies, so that you obey the desires of your natural self.

13 Nor must you surrender any part of yourselves to sin to be used for wicked purposes. Instead, give yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life, and surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes

14 Sin must not be your master; for you do not live under law but under God's grace.

15 What, then? Shall we sin, because we are not under law but under God's grace? By no means!

16 Surely you know that when you surrender yourselves as slaves to obey someone, you are in fact the slaves of the master you obey--either of sin, which results in death, or of obedience, which results in being put right with God.

17 But thanks be to God! For though at one time you were slaves to sin, you have obeyed with all your heart the truths found in the teaching you received.

18 You were set free from sin and became the slaves of righteousness.

19 (I use everyday language because of the weakness of your natural selves.) At one time you surrendered yourselves entirely as slaves to impurity and wickedness for wicked purposes. In the same way you must now surrender yourselves entirely as slaves of righteousness for holy purposes.

20 When you were the slaves of sin, you were free from righteousness.

21 What did you gain from doing the things that you are now ashamed
of ? The result of those things is death!

22 But now you have been set free from sin and are the slaves of God. Your gain is a life fully dedicated to him, and the result is eternal life.

23 For sin pays its wage--death; but God's free gift is eternal life in union with Christ Jesus our Lord.

[emphasis is mine] Good day
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Wed 31 May, 2006 12:03 pm
A-glow wrote:
Good Morning,

Paul wrote in his letter to the Roman church:

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

IN THE KING JAMES BIBLE the language simply reflects the manner of speaking in that century of translation. Today's english is the same message, written as english is spoken in the United States in the twentieth century. I simply prefer reading these truths expressed without the eth's and the unnecessary t's on the end of words. The Spirit has not changed.
The message is HOLY in the Spirit of God, not given to men's natural and/or intellectual understanding.

I can live with that almost my friend.
Here is why not
ALL THE NEW VERSIONS OUT THERE are based off of the Wescott and Hort Greek Text. Thost two men were haters of God and they changed stuff in their texts to fit there views.

ALl these new bibles out there are based on a text that Satan has corrupted to no end.

Take a look at this book if you ever get teh chance i have it.
http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0170.asp
0 Replies

A-glow

Thu 23 Nov, 2006 09:42 am
PETER, the one who had a PERSONAL experience with the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1
From Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ--
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have been given a faith as precious as ours:

2 May grace and peace be yours in full measure through your knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. God's Call and Choice

3 God's divine power has given us everything we need to live a truly religious life through our knowledge of the one who called us to share in his own glory and goodness.

4 In this way he has given us the very great and precious gifts he promised, so that by means of these gifts you may escape from the destructive lust that is in the world, and may come to share the divine nature.

5 For this very reason do your best to add goodness to your faith; to your goodness add knowledge; 6to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add endurance; to your endurance add godliness;

7 to your godliness add Christian affection; and to your Christian affection add love.

8 These are the qualities you need, and if you have them in abundance, they will make you active and effective in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But if you do not have them, you are so shortsighted that you cannot see and have forgotten that you have been purified from your past sins.

10 So then, my friends, try even harder to make God's call and his choice of you a permanent experience; if you do so, you will never abandon your faith.

11 In this way you will be given the full right to enter the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

12 And so I will always remind you of these matters, even though you already know them and are firmly grounded in the truth you have received.

13 I think it only right for me to stir up your memory of these matters as long as I am still alive.

14 I know that I shall soon put off this mortal body, as our Lord Jesus Christ plainly told me.

15 I will do my best, then, to provide a way for you to remember these matters at all times after my death.

16 We have not depended on made-up stories in making known to you the mighty coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. With our own eyes we saw his greatness.

17 We were there when he was given honor and glory by God the Father, when the voice came to him from the Supreme Glory, saying, "This is my own dear Son, with whom I am pleased!"

18 We ourselves heard this voice coming from heaven, when we were with him on the holy mountain.

19 So we are even more confident of the message proclaimed by the prophets. You will do well to pay attention to it, because it is like a lamp shining in a dark place until the Day dawns and the light of the morning star shines in your hearts.

20 Above all else, however, remember that none of us can explain by ourselves a prophecy in the Scriptures.

21 For no prophetic message ever came just from the human will, but people were under the control of the Holy Spirit as they spoke the message that came from God.

A Glorious Thanksgiving Holiday is wished for you.
Glowing for Jesus
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Thu 23 Nov, 2006 10:37 am
A-glow wrote:
PETER, the one who had a PERSONAL experience with the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
What sort of personal experience? I am very tolerant about these things, but they weren't in 30 AD.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Thu 23 Nov, 2006 01:54 pm
Aren't you supposed be thankful everyday of your life? Or this just some corporate scheme to make more money?
0 Replies

Eorl

Thu 23 Nov, 2006 09:34 pm
Scott777ab wrote:

Behold a virgin shall convieve.

That is the main thing that you have to take into account. Mary was a virgin.

Why was Mary a virgin. Was she married to Joseph? If the marriage wasn't consumated, were they rightfully married? Was Jesus a bastard?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Thu 23 Nov, 2006 10:01 pm
Eorl wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

Why was Mary a virgin. Was she married to Joseph? If the marriage wasn't consumated, were they rightfully married? Was Jesus a bastard?

She wasn't married to anyone. Zechariah was simply her gaurdian who looked after her.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 24 Nov, 2006 05:44 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Eorl wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

She wasn't married to anyone. Zechariah was simply her gaurdian who looked after her.
Rubbish.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 24 Nov, 2006 05:58 am
Prof Richard Dawkins wrote:
A N Wison in his biography of Jesus, casts doubt on the story that Joseph was a carpenter at all. The Greek word tekton does indeed mean carpenter, but it was translated from the Aramaic word naggar, which could mean craftsman or learned man. This is one of several mistranslations that bedevil the Bible, the most famous being the mistranslation of Isaiah's Hebrew for young woman (almah) into the Greek for virgin (parthenos). An easy mistake to make (think of the English words 'maid' and 'maiden' to see how it might have happened), this one translator's slip was to be wildly inflated and give rise to the whole preposterous legend of Jesus' mother being a virgin! The only competitor for the title of champion constructive mistranslation of all time also concerns virgins. Ibn Warraq has hilariously argued that in the famous promise of seventy-two virgins to every Muslim martyr, 'virgins' is a mistranslation of 'white raisins of crystal clarity'. Now if only that had been more widely known, how many innocent victims of suicide missions might have been saved? (Ibn Warraq, 'Virgins? What virgins?', Free Enquiry 26: 1,2006, 45-6.)
0 Replies

Raul-7

Fri 24 Nov, 2006 01:06 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Eorl wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

Rubbish.

Her Lord accepted her with approval and made her grow in health and beauty. And Zechariah became her guardian. Every time Zechariah visited her in the praying chamber, he found food with her. He said: "Mary, how did you come by this?" She said: "It is from God. God provides for whoever He wills without any reckoning." (Qur'an, 3:37)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 24 Nov, 2006 06:39 pm
hmm so perhaps there is such a thing as a free lunch.

Raul have you ever considered the bible or koran as allegorical or myth?

I simply cant understand how you think Noah was 1000 when he died or that Adam was about 40 metres tall. Please tell me you dont actually believe this.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:48 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
hmm so perhaps there is such a thing as a free lunch.

Raul have you ever considered the bible or koran as allegorical or myth?

I simply cant understand how you think Noah was 1000 when he died or that Adam was about 40 metres tall. Please tell me you dont actually believe this.

No, it's called faith. The Quran isn't a mere myth or story, it's a guide.

This is a clear explanation for all mankind, and guidance and admonition for those who have taqwa (awe or fear of Allah). (Surah Ali 'Imran: 138)

The Quran has been preserved and will remain that way, it is a promise from your Creator.

The Words of your Lord are perfect in truthfulness and justice. No one can change His Words. He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. (Surat al-An'am: 115)

God even challenges you or anyone else by saying-

Do they say, "Who has invented it?" Say: "Then produce a sura(chapter) like it and call on anyone you can besides Allah if you are telling the truth." (Surah Yunus: 38)

Go read the 'Fly Miracle' thread I posted if you think religion is some kind of myth or game. Maybe that will shed some light on you.
0 Replies

rockpie

Wed 29 Nov, 2006 03:39 am
A-glow. you are doing what Jesus gave instruction to do. don't give up, don't lose faith and you will be rewarded in heaven. God bless you, and everyone else here. Jesus loves you whether you accept him or not. i don't want any of you to go to hell, just as A-glow doesn't. repent. be saved. start to live, don't just exist.
0 Replies

Eorl

Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:07 pm
Raul-7 wrote:

The Quran has been preserved and will remain that way, it is a promise from your Creator.

The Words of your Lord are perfect in truthfulness and justice. No one can change His Words. He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. (Surat al-An'am: 115)

but then he says...

Raul-7 wrote:

The Prophet (PBUH) only based these on what the had available at the time, stones, etc. But it does not mean these are the only things you can use, the point is to clean your private parts with water before leaving the toilet. Thus nowadays we just use the bathroom spray-hose and toilet paper.

So is your silly book to be taken literally or you can interpret it to suit your needs? Can't have it both ways.
0 Replies

A-glow

Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:24 am
From Paul's letter to the Phillippians, chapter 3 NT -Good news translation

3 We do not put any trust in external ceremonies.
4 I could, of course, put my trust in such things. If any of you think you can trust in external ceremonies, I have even more reason to feel that way.
5 I was circumcised when I was a week old. I am an Israelite by birth, of the tribe of Benjamin, a pure-blooded Hebrew. As far as keeping the Jewish Law is concerned, I was a Pharisee,
6 and I was so zealous that I persecuted the church. As far as a person can be righteous by obeying the commands of the Law, I was without fault.
7 But all those things that I might count as profit I now reckon as loss for Christ's sake.
8 Not only those things; I reckon everything as complete loss for the sake of what is so much more valuable, the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have thrown everything away; I consider it all as mere garbage, so that I may gain Christ
9 and be completely united with him. I no longer have a righteousness of my own, the kind that is gained by obeying the Law. I now have the righteousness that is given through faith in Christ, the righteousness that comes from God and is based on faith
0 Replies

Abid

Mon 18 Dec, 2006 01:43 pm
Eorl wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:

but then he says...

Raul-7 wrote:

The Prophet (PBUH) only based these on what the had available at the time, stones, etc. But it does not mean these are the only things you can use, the point is to clean your private parts with water before leaving the toilet. Thus nowadays we just use the bathroom spray-hose and toilet paper.

So is your silly book to be taken literally or you can interpret it to suit your needs? Can't have it both ways.

The Quran is to be taken literally and is timeless.
The hadith (Sayings and actions of the prophet (saw) are not the word of God, so with newer technologies, these adapt, put only a scholar of hadith can issue fatwas (Islamic decree on the subject)

For example smoking
Islamic scholars are able to look through the verses from the Quran and hadith to determine whether it is permissable.

If they find statements such as - "Do not intoxicate your body" or "...make not your own hands contribute to your destruction..." (Surah al-Baqarah 2:195); then they will issue a fatwa stating its impermissibility
However as long as it is not forbidden, then it is acceptable. Such as driving a car, or using toilet paper etc.
0 Replies

Abid

Mon 18 Dec, 2006 01:45 pm
A-glow wrote:
From Paul's letter to the Phillippians, chapter 3 NT -Good news translation

3 We do not put any trust in external ceremonies.
4 I could, of course, put my trust in such things. If any of you think you can trust in external ceremonies, I have even more reason to feel that way.
5 I was circumcised when I was a week old. I am an Israelite by birth, of the tribe of Benjamin, a pure-blooded Hebrew. As far as keeping the Jewish Law is concerned, I was a Pharisee,
6 and I was so zealous that I persecuted the church. As far as a person can be righteous by obeying the commands of the Law, I was without fault.
7 But all those things that I might count as profit I now reckon as loss for Christ's sake.
8 Not only those things; I reckon everything as complete loss for the sake of what is so much more valuable, the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have thrown everything away; I consider it all as mere garbage, so that I may gain Christ
9 and be completely united with him. I no longer have a righteousness of my own, the kind that is gained by obeying the Law. I now have the righteousness that is given through faith in Christ, the righteousness that comes from God and is based on faith

1 = Knowing full well that the Bible has been altered, how do you know which verses, or versions to accept?
2 = Why do you believe what Paul said to be 'Gospel'?

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9
0 Replies

Eorl

Mon 18 Dec, 2006 06:59 pm
Abid wrote:
If they find statements such as - "Do not intoxicate your body" or "...make not your own hands contribute to your destruction..." (Surah al-Baqarah 2:195); then they will issue a fatwa stating its impermissibility
However as long as it is not forbidden, then it is acceptable. Such as driving a car, or using toilet paper etc.

...but not writing a book? How about reading a book, is that OK? Because I read Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses". Why was he condemned to death exactly, and why now is he now not? Who claims the right to take this man's life as though he were a god?
0 Replies

A-glow

Wed 20 Dec, 2006 10:50 am
From Paul's letter to the Colossians
[Living in the spirit, as Jesus taught, and so does his apostles...]

Colossians

5 You must put to death, then, the earthly desires at work in you, such as sexual immorality, indecency, lust, evil passions, and greed (for greed is a form of idolatry).
6 Because of such things God's anger will come upon those who do not obey him.
7 At one time you yourselves used to live according to such desires, when your life was dominated by them.
8 But now you must get rid of all these things: anger, passion, and hateful feelings. No insults or obscene talk must ever come from your lips.
9 Do not lie to one another, for you have put off the old self with its habits 10 and have put on the new self. This is the new being which God, its Creator, is constantly renewing in his own image, in order to bring you to a full knowledge of himself.
11 As a result, there is no longer any distinction between Gentiles and Jews, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarians, savages, slaves, and free, but Christ is all, Christ is in all.
12 You are the people of God; he loved you and chose you for his own. So then, you must clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
13 Be tolerant with one another and forgive one another whenever any of you has a complaint against someone else. You must forgive one another just as the Lord has forgiven you.
14 And to all these qualities add love, which binds all things together in perfect unity.
15 The peace that Christ gives is to guide you in the decisions you make; for it is to this peace that God has called you together in the one body. And be thankful.
16 Christ's message in all its richness must live in your hearts. Teach and instruct one another with all wisdom. Sing psalms, hymns, and sacred songs; sing to God with thanksgiving in your hearts.
17 Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks through him to God the Father.

[ Abid wrote : 2 = Why do you believe what Paul said to be 'Gospel'? ]

Answer: I believe the Holy Bible to be the Inspired Word of God,
to be read, and understood spiritually, by the Divine help of
Holy spirit.
I do not argue this, I only hope to spread the Hope of Christ to
all who will seek Him.
Thank you for reading and responding
Thanks to all who read and respond

glowing for Jesus Very Happy
0 Replies