Answer: I believe the Holy Bible to be the Inspired Word of God,
to be read, and understood spiritually, by the Divine help of
Holy spirit.
I do not argue this, I only hope to spread the Hope of Christ to
all who will seek Him.
Thank you for reading and responding
Thanks to all who read and respond

glowing for Jesus Very Happy

Thats very good and we should all strive to live our lives as close to that of the prophets as we can.
But to say that its Ok to follow a tainted version is OK, because im sure the jist of is there makes me wonder, how can you be sure the 'jist' has not been altered beyond recognition.

I.e worshiping an apostle or messenger/slave/servent/prophet of the almighty (i.e Jesus)
0 Replies

Abid

Fri 22 Dec, 2006 12:35 pm
0 Replies

real life

Fri 22 Dec, 2006 12:46 pm
To state that the early Christians did not consider Jesus to be a supernatural person is simply preposterous.

In addition, Jesus referred again and again to the Holy Spirit which He would give to the disciples. The disciples were told to wait in Jerusalem for this to happen.

To suppose that this refers to the life of Mohammed is to claim that Jesus was really asking those disciples to remain alive in Jerusalem for hundreds of years until Mohammed would be born. Laughing
0 Replies

Abid

Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:14 pm
real life wrote:
To state that the early Christians did not consider Jesus to be a supernatural person is simply preposterous.

In addition, Jesus referred again and again to the Holy Spirit which He would give to the disciples. The disciples were told to wait in Jerusalem for this to happen.

To suppose that this refers to the life of Mohammed is to claim that Jesus was really asking those disciples to remain alive in Jerusalem for hundreds of years until Mohammed would be born. Laughing

Hey, its just a theory.

Here is another one...

There are other people who have been filled with the Holy Ghost? Are they also divine? Look at Acts 11:24: "For he [Barnabas] was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith; and many people were added unto the Lord" and Acts 5:32: "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him." You should also read Acts 6:5; II Peter 1:21; II Timothy 1:14; ICorinthians 2:16; Luke 1:41.

Also why is Elijah not considered as the son of god or divine when he performed many miracles similar to that of Jesus?
II Kings 5:14, 6:17-18, 17:22, 13:21

What or where is your evidence to support this claim of divinity?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 22 Dec, 2006 03:02 pm
real life wrote:
To state that the early Christians did not consider Jesus to be a supernatural person is...
a fact. Jesus declared God by a show of hands at the Council of Nicea, 325 AD I understand.
0 Replies

real life

Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:52 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
real life wrote:
To state that the early Christians did not consider Jesus to be a supernatural person is...
a fact. Jesus declared God by a show of hands at the Council of Nicea, 325 AD I understand.

The New Testament AND the writings of the early Church Fathers are filled with statements regarding the Church's belief that Jesus is God.

So you understand incorrectly.
0 Replies

real life

Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:53 pm
Abid wrote:
real life wrote:

Hey, its just a theory.

Here is another one...

There are other people who have been filled with the Holy Ghost? Are they also divine? Look at Acts 11:24: "For he [Barnabas] was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith; and many people were added unto the Lord" and Acts 5:32: "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him." You should also read Acts 6:5; II Peter 1:21; II Timothy 1:14; ICorinthians 2:16; Luke 1:41.

Also why is Elijah not considered as the son of god or divine when he performed many miracles similar to that of Jesus?
II Kings 5:14, 6:17-18, 17:22, 13:21

What or where is your evidence to support this claim of divinity?

In a word -- No.

To be 'filled with the Holy Spirit' is not to 'become divine'.
0 Replies

Abid

Wed 27 Dec, 2006 10:46 am
"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

If Jesus was God

Why did he ask why he had been forsaken on the cross?

Why did he not know the date of judgement day?
0 Replies

Abid

Wed 27 Dec, 2006 10:47 am
"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

If Jesus was God

Why did he ask why he had been forsaken on the cross?

Why did he not know the date of judgement day?
0 Replies

Abid

Wed 27 Dec, 2006 10:47 am
OK where are your quotes that state Isa (Jesus) is God?

Why do the christians living in Syria who still speak Arameic not believe in Isa's (as) divinity?
0 Replies

Abid

Wed 27 Dec, 2006 10:50 am
real life wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
real life wrote:

The New Testament AND the writings of the early Church Fathers are filled with statements regarding the Church's belief that Jesus is God.

Where??????????????????
0 Replies

A-glow

Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:12 pm
Quotables from good authors:

Temptation doesn't come from God but from within...It's not God...
Satan, his demons, or even the world's evil system that entice us to sin...it is our lustful nature.
Our flesh, our fallen nature, has a desire for evil, even though we've been redeemed and have received a new nature, we still have an enemy within. The resident passion of the flesh, not God, is responsible for our being tempted to sin.
John McArthur-- From TRUTH FOR TODAY

It must be the settled purpose of your heart to will nothing, design nothing, do nothing, but so far as there is reason to believe that it is the will of God.
It is as great rebellion against God to think that your will may ever rightly differ from His as it would be to boast in His universe that you have not received the power of willing from Him...
To think that you are your own, or at your own disposal, is as absurd as to think that you created yourself.

William Law---- THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 29 Dec, 2006 09:20 am
real life wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
real life wrote:

So what was the Council of Nicea all about? Just a freebee? Or was it something to do with the Arian heresey? To put to bed the idea that Jesus was less than the Father, was man not of the same substance as God? The idea that Jesus was man not God was defeated by a show of hands, so establishing officially for the first time his divinity.

Wikipedia wrote:
The Council declared that the Father and the Son are of the same substance and are co-eternal, basing the declaration in the claim that this was a formulation of traditional Christian belief handed down from the Apostles. This belief was expressed in the Nicene Creed.

In what way was my understanding incorrect?
0 Replies

Abid

Fri 29 Dec, 2006 09:57 am
A-glow wrote:

Satan, his demons, or even the world's evil system that entice us to sin...it is our lustful nature.
Our flesh, our fallen nature, has a desire for evil, even though we've been redeemed and have received a new nature, we still have an enemy within. The resident passion of the flesh, not God, is responsible for our being tempted to sin.

It must be the settled purpose of your heart to will nothing, design nothing, do nothing, but so far as there is reason to believe that it is the will of God.
It is as great rebellion against God to think that your will may ever rightly differ from His as it would be to boast in His universe that you have not received the power of willing from Him...
To think that you are your own, or at your own disposal, is as absurd as to think that you created yourself.

Nice but where in the bible does it say that Jesus is the son of God?
0 Replies

sunlover

Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:05 am
a-glow, I don't know what else you are doing, but you've certainly joined the group here in our fights and arguments. Why are you different?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:51 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, so what you are saying is that because you think God is not fair, unjust, etc., you won't accept His son? Am I understanding that correctly?

Let me rephrase a little bit better for you on what I believe.

I believe in Elohim, the one power or true Elohim.
I believe Elohim is both Male and Female, or for better terms called
The Lord, and The Lady.
It is from them that the LIGHT shines forth, and this LIGHT is CHRIST.

I do not believe the bible is CORRECTLY translated. I believe it is a bunch of old stories taken from many different religions around the area at the times those stories were written and then twisted to such a degree to cause total mind control of the populace.

Momma Angel wrote:
I guess my puzzlement comes in because you say you believe the Bible is God-Breathed and God-Inspired but you don't accept Christ as the Bible states.

I do not believe the bible is perfect already stated. I may have to change my sig.

Momma Angel wrote:
So, does that mean you are not accepting Christ because you are angry because you feel God is unjust or is there another reason?

O I believe in CHIRST, just not the one presented to us in the bible.

Momma Angel wrote:
At anytime if I get too personal, Scott just let me know and I'll stop asking questions. It's just that I've never run into someone that believes the Bible is God-breathed and God-inspired but hasn't accepted Christ.

Review answers above.

Yes you got the gist of it.
0 Replies

A-glow

Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:07 am
Hebrews 13

1 Keep on loving one another as Christians.
2 Remember to welcome strangers in your homes. There were some who did that and welcomed angels without knowing it.
3 Remember those who are in prison, as though you were in prison with them. Remember those who are suffering, as though you were suffering as they are.
4 Marriage is to be honored by all, and husbands and wives must be faithful to each other. God will judge those who are immoral and those who commit adultery.
5 Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never leave you; I will never abandon you."
6 Let us be bold, then, and say,
"The Lord is my helper,
I will not be afraid.
What can anyone do to me?"
0 Replies

A-glow

Mon 19 Feb, 2007 03:30 pm
Proverbs 9

7. If you correct conceited people, you will only be insulted. If you reprimand evil people, you will only get hurt.
8. Never correct conceited people; they will hate you for it. But if you correct the wise, they will respect you.
9. Anything you say to the wise will make them wiser. Whatever you tell the righteous will add to their knowledge.
10. To be wise you must first have reverence for the LORD. If you know the Holy One, you have understanding.
11. Wisdom will add years to your life.
12. You are the one who will profit if you have wisdom, and if you reject it, you are the one who will suffer.
0 Replies

A-glow

Tue 20 Feb, 2007 01:37 pm
More wisdom:
Proverbs 10 Good News Translation

27 Obey the LORD, and you will live longer. The wicked die before their time.
28 The hopes of good people lead to joy, but wicked people can look forward to nothing.
29 The LORD protects honest people, but destroys those who do wrong.
30 Righteous people will always have security, but the wicked will not survive in the land.
31 Righteous people speak wisdom, but the tongue that speaks evil will be stopped.
32 Righteous people know the kind thing to say, but the wicked are always saying things that hurt.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 20 Feb, 2007 05:52 pm
Abid wrote:
A-glow wrote:

Nice but where in the bible does it say that Jesus is the son of God?

Matthew 27:54
When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

Mark 1:1
The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Mark 5:7
He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?

John 20:31
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Acts 9:20
Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God.
0 Replies