She broke up with me, and I want to know, if I did anything wrong.

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2017 03:47 am
We were together for 2,5 years and we were really happy in our relationship. But there was a problem, she hadn't too many friends, so she was just spending her time with me or with her friend. Then she left for one week to Germany, it was a trip with her class from school and some other classes from school were there too. And she met some new friends and I was very happy about her. After she returned, she started acting a little bit weird but considering the fact, that her parents were divorcing at the moment, I thought it was normal. She wasn't in mood for things that she usually enjoyed doing, like having sex, romantic talking, etc. And I was completely OK with that, because I knew that she was experiencing hard times during the divorce. I eventually asked her, that I feel like there is happening something wrong between us and she just said, that everything was because of that divorce, and everything is going to be good. During these times a were really nice to her and I tried to make her happy and I always said to her, how much I love her. Maybe I was little bit clingy, but she always loved this kind of things and she liked, when I was a little bit clingy. Then the school from Germany visited our country and she was with her new friends from school and with Germans, and during this time, she hadn't of course much time for me, but I think, that she could always have couple of minutes, to send msg to tell me, what they are doing, how she is, etc. But she didn't, she texted me after the whole day, and one day she didn't text me at all. I know she always insisted on, that when I was without her, I should text her, and tell her what I am doing, and how I am, so I expected this time, that she will do the same, but she didn't. It was like I wasn't such important for her as I used to be. And then, after couple of days, she said that she doesn't feel anything to me and ended our relationship. I don't know, what I did wrong, was there something, I could have done?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,242 • Replies: 7
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by sidula123
centrox

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2017 03:55 am
You probably did nothing wrong. It sounds like you are both very young, and you know what? Young people change! They get older, they are growing up.
sidula123

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2017 03:58 am
@centrox,
Yeah, you are right, we are young. I just feel betrayed. She broke up with me, couple of hours after I successfully finished my school leaving exams.
centrox

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2017 04:29 am
@sidula123,
sidula123 wrote:

Yeah, you are right, we are young. I just feel betrayed. She broke up with me, couple of hours after I successfully finished my school leaving exams.

A milestone in your life in more ways than one. Happens a lot. Onwards and upwards.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2017 05:43 am
So what was learned from all this? You admit you were "clingy" and that she liked that at first. But as the relationship grew she needed to aee you more confident and secure in your own mind.

Next time, be sure the relationship matures.
sidula123

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2017 07:36 am
@PUNKEY,
Yeah, I know that, but you know, I am confident. But she was going through hard times, parents were divorcing, her dad was such a jerk on her mother, so I was trying to provide her "shelter" and I was doing nice things for her and those things someone can see as a little bit "clingy" things. I couldn't stop care about her, I was feeling I was doing the right things, because she always appreciated this behavior, when she was sad.
0 Replies

maxdancona
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2017 08:28 am
@sidula123,
sidula123 wrote:

Relationships end, it's just part of life.

It doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Whether or not you do everything "right" relationships still end. In our modern world most people go through many relationships (meaning many break ups). It sucks... it hurts. Take a little time and then start over with someone new.

Looking for ways that you aren't perfect is silly. Of course you aren't perfect (you are human after all). Relationships are always between two imperfect people, and sometimes they work for a little while... sometimes they last for a long time... sometimes they don't. If you can learn something, then learn it. But don't beat yourself up. We have all gone through this.

sidula123

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2017 08:39 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Relationships end, it's just part of life.

It doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Whether or not you do everything "right" relationships still end. In our modern world most people go through many relationships (meaning many break ups). It sucks... it hurts. Take a little time and then start over with someone new.

Looking for ways that you aren't perfect is silly. Of course you aren't perfect (you are human after all). Relationships are always between two imperfect people, and sometimes they work for a little while... sometimes they last for a long time... sometimes they don't. If you can learn something, then learn it. But don't beat yourself up. We have all gone through this.

Thank you, these words are really cheering me up. I am spending time as much as I can with my friends and it really helps.
0 Replies