Im getting mixed signals I could use a ladies P.O.V.

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 09:16 pm
My girlfriend asked for space two weeks ago. I didnt contact her until this past sunday to set up a time to meet so we could talk about what is going on. I sent her an email and she responded and agreed to meet next week. Next thing I know we are chit chatting and she asked me if we could talk on the phone. She called me and we had a great conversation. She told me she was not feeling well and I told her she needed soup. I went to a place that her and I frequented and sent her a text that I was there. Next thing I know we are siting there having dinner together. We talked and flirtted and had a great time. When we left we kissed and it was amazaing. She later text me that her kids were asking for me and that she couldnt stop thinking about that kiss. On Tuesday I sent her a text on the way home from work and asked her if she wanted to get a bite to eat. I picked her up at her house, when I walked in she attacked me and wouldnt stop kissing me and I wouldnt stop kissing her. We went out to eat and we talked alittle about what is going on with us and she said that this does not make things normal again. I dropped her off at home and she invited me in, she was very passionate and I spent the night there. I left this morning and she kissed me goodbye. I am confused, it seems like she still ants space but when I was with her she was defintley into me. She still has my toothbrush in her bathroom and my pictures on her dresser. I plan on backing off for a couple of days and then Ill send her a text. I miss her and want her back but I dont want to push her away.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,560 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 09:21 pm
Just play it by ear and give it your best shot mate, women are so unpredictable.
For example I've had women who've split with me because they said I was too laid back and easygoing , and I've had women who've split with me because they said I was too pushy!
We just can't win!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:44 am
@new2it61,
http://able2know.org/topic/237060-1#post-5599283
0 Replies

Jenaia

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 07:18 am
@new2it61,
Space means different things to different girls. I will be frank with you because I think it is kinder.

When I told my boyfriend I wanted space, I felt claustrophobic. I was questioning the relationship and whether it was what I wanted. I had been with him for 2 years and he was very attentive and soppy, but I didn't know if it was love or familiarity I felt. I asked for space because I wanted to excersise my doubts, which was important to me. It didn't mean I didn't care, or that I wanted to end things, just that something wasn't right and I needed to work it out. The time out lasted 2 months. He struggled with it at first but he began to understand. I will come back to this.

Your girlfriend may need time to think too, and despite your rendezvous in the middle, it doesn't solve her initial problem. What you might find is that you may be making it harder for her to work things out. If she gives in and you guys are together again before she gets things worked through as she planned, you only suppress her doubts and trust me, a girls emotion does not stay hidden for long, it tends to fester and gets worse, the last thing you want is for this desire for space to reappear further down the line in a more advanced state. It sounds like she loves you, so don't be afraid.

My advice to you is to understand her request. Tell her that you will give her space, and encourage her to take as much time as she needs, you will be waiting, and that you are happy for her to make the next move. Even if it is killing you, resist the urge to push, to text or call, let her come to it in her own time, it could be weeks, or even months but you have to decide if she is worth waiting for. If she is, that is all you need to know. Use the time to work out your own mind and heart. If she decides positively that the relationship is right, then you have no idea how much love your respecting her now will win you.

Coming back to my boyfriend of old, 2 months later we were back together, 13 years later we are celebrating our 12 year wedding anniversary in April. So it can end happily.

Keep your chin up chuck!
0 Replies

new2it61

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 10:56 am
@jenaia

That is solid advice and i appreciate it. I want to give her space and make sure everything is ok. On the other hand if she has no intentions on moving this relationship forward I need to move on. All the things you said are true. She is kind of lost right now and has things in her life to figure out. I guess I need to just put her out if my mind even though it is very hard. I hope that she realizes that I love her more than anything and calls me soon.
0 Replies

RedDragonfly

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:48 pm
A woman "needs space" either -
1)To think about the man she's going out with (is he the one for me, isn't he),
2)To see what other men are on offer (don't think this applies to you with your girl),
OR 3) She's considering going solo for a bit, so she can learn to love herself more before she loves another.
I reckon she's number 1. She is clearly a little enamored by you and wants to see you, but just needs a little space to think. What fully matured woman would do that and not want to be with the dude!?
If you want to see her 24/7 and it's still early days - you need to back away a little. Of course, some women want to see their man everyday, but it's obvious she wants space - there's nothing wrong with that.
So, give her the time and space she needs. Ask her by text after a day or two if she's ok. Don't act all lovey dovey all the time when you're with her, most women don't like that.
Be cool and relaxed, she'll come around. If she doesn't - you deserve better, since you're treating her right.
Good luck x

0 Replies