Number One On My Wish List

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:28 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OBill my opinion of bush cannot be reduced or minimized by the fact that choose to call it merely hatefullness.....I believe bush to be everything I say about him....and so do a GREAT DEAL of Americans.......so please don't try , as JW does in her post (and you know damn well that's the point) to discredit the opinion.....it doesn't work, except in your own clique here on A2K.....
Come on Bear... All I did was quote you. I know you're not really paranoid and I also know your hatred is real... but if I didn't; that opening statement appears to be written with hate AND paranoia. You can't complain when someone accuses you of professing hate when what you are really doing is, well, professing hate. Then to say that you can't help it does sound paranoid. Substitute McG for you and Clinton for Bush, just for comparison's sake, and I think you'll see what I mean.

I don't hate bush...I don't know him...I hate what he stands for and I hate what he's doing to my country.......I'm not paranoid...make no mistake...I'm ready to die today...and would rather than live in the conditions I truly believe are coming......my feelings come from love...love of my country and the ideals I believe it is supposed to be run on....and I am frustrated and angry about what's being done to it.....try to differentiate.......and unlike anyone you might care to compare me to...I mean what I say and don't just talk for the sake of striking a posture.....I have no unresolved feelings of inferiority because of unrealized goals or desires that my masculinity is tied up in.....

Confused Just so I'm clear here... you're making a case for not hating and not being paranoid here, right?

:razz:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:49 pm
paranoia is an unfounded and unreasonable fear...not the case with the direction our country is moving in IMO....as far as hate goes I think I made myself clear there.....but the clear inference of the usual suspects on these boards is that I (and others who share my opinions) are just hateful people period........absolutely unfounded and stated to be inflammatory....period.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:06 pm
Bear, trust me, it is in the interest of friendship that I refrain from seriously commenting on your statements of preferring death to the future you see coming and possible paranoia. No good will come from pursuing this.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:09 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bear, trust me, it is in the interest of friendship that I refrain from seriously commenting on your statements of preferring death to the future you see coming and possible paranoia. No good will come from pursuing this.

I bet you admire Patrick Henry for expressing the same sentiment.....

not like I'm comparing myself to that great American icon but that's how I feel....was Patrick Henry paranoid?......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:18 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Oh
My

God!

You have been warned Bear!

Honestly Bill, you have become ....insufferable.

Insert your own rolling eyes everyone.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:33 pm
Bear there are certain scenarios that make me feel like Patrick Henry too. And everyone thinks I'm paranoid when I share them, too. Strong conviction is no measure of accuracy when it comes to predicting the future.

Panzade, I was thinking of you when I wrote that. I sense that Bear is about to follow your lead and take a political disagreement personally. Your behavior changed dude, not mine. When Bush won, I watched a number of people here lose their tolerance for disagreement. You saddened me most. Look at my posts from my first day on A2K and you will see my story remains the same. It is you that changed.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:10 pm
Quote:
Your behavior changed dude, not mine.

Not that I actually expect you to read or care what anyone else thinks,

but you might want to re-read the content of some of your older posts and do a comparison to your newer ones before you write things like this in the future. You may notice that you went from NEVER being condescending, insulting, derogatory, or crass, to almost CONSTANTLY being so.

In english, we call that 'change.'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:12 pm
although cyclo is exaggerating a little.....your attitude has changed Obill....check yourself before you wreck yourself as they say.....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:14 pm
No offense intended, of course.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:17 pm
How sad that this so called "uniter" has divided people who once spoke civil to each other..the adage of never talking about sex or politics seems true...okay...we can still talk about sex...:-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:20 pm
that's "who once spoke civilly" you &*%# idiot and ....oh! excuse me.... Embarrassed never mind......
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:20 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
paranoia is an unfounded and unreasonable fear...not the case with the direction our country is moving in IMO....as far as hate goes I think I made myself clear there.....but the clear inference of the usual suspects on these boards is that I (and others who share my opinions) are just hateful people period........absolutely unfounded and stated to be inflammatory....period.

Well, I'm not sure if hatefulness is the root cause of the accusations of paranoia. A quick look at the year immediately before this year's Presidential election, one can see (if they can in fact see) the degree to which paranoia was not only encouraged by the current administration, but also fed through.
Terror alerts rising and falling based on silly, and as far as I'm concerned, manufactured, arbitrary and unsubstantiated "reliable information", subtle accusations that a vote for Kerry would initiate further attacks on the homeland by terrorists...and on and on.
As far as I'm concerned, Americans, especially swing voters, were coerced to vote for Bush out of fear due to a brilliantly orchestrated fear campaign by his administration.
Core issues, other than the war were seldom Bush's forte, and "the war" became his raison d'etre as President. If the people of America no longer feared "the terrorists", like some Christians fear God, Bush would have lost all but his most devout followers, because let's face it, Bush is one of the lowest functioning Presidents in American history.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:22 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that's "who once spoke civilly" you &*%# idiot and ....oh! excuse me.... Embarrassed never mind......

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:24 pm
((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))

for willow....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:36 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
although cyclo is exaggerating a little.....your attitude has changed Obill....check yourself before you wreck yourself as they say.....
Cyclo has good reason to feel that way. The tone of his rhetoric immediately after the election drew out the worst in me. Having held my breath about the level of disgust I had for John Kerry prior to the election, out of respect to the man who may be my future King, I was surprised myself at the vehemence of my anger at his delaying admitting his defeat. Before losing lots of sleep that night, I had no clue how important it was to me that Bush won. This is what set Panzade off.

The more absurd I find an argument, the less cotton I use in response... and lately many lefties have been flat out harsh in their assessments and totally intolerant of disagreement. Look at your first post on this thread... When you make more extreme statements, it only follows that you will get more extreme responses. This is hardly new coming from me. I've never been a saint. If you look at my history you will see the first three words I ever put on A2K were "Wake up pal"... before I had even said hello.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:39 pm
Nevertheless, I for one would hope that we all can return to civil discussions in the future, for I do value the opinions of everyone here, even if they disagree with me or are somewhat silly in my opinion.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
willow_tl wrote:
...we can still talk about sex...:-)

Aha! You've found common ground. Razz

There may be a hope for bipartisanship!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Nevertheless, I for one would hope that we all can return to civil discussions in the future, for I do value the opinions of everyone here, even if they disagree with me or are somewhat silly in my opinion.

Cycloptichorn
Precisely the direction I was heading in when Panzade burst on the scene to encourage everyone to pick sides... while quoting me trying to accomplish the opposite. <Shrugs>
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:57 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))

for willow....

Now i really am jealous of squinney! Embarrassed Laughing

right back at ya big bear!((((((((Hugs)))))))))))
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 04:33 pm
* goes and reads O'Bills' first post *
0 Replies