Number One On My Wish List

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:40 am
I wish I could trust or at least give the benefit of the doubt to bushco on ANY subject.....I can't....I don't trust anything they say, any of their motives, any of their actions....I believe they are out to f*#k us on purpose in order for a handful of people to become powerful and rich beyond imagination.....I see a Bad Moon Rising......I hate it.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,932 • Replies: 92
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:42 am
I'm with you Bear. I see myself arguing against something that I might otherwise agree with for the sole reason that it comes from Bushco and so I automatically see it as another bait and switch. Is there any hope for me?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:45 am
FreeDuck wrote:
I'm with you Bear. I see myself arguing against something that I might otherwise agree with for the sole reason that it comes from Bushco and so I automatically see it as another bait and switch. Is there any hope for me?

0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:51 am
You get another crack at selling the liberal ideology to the voters in 2008. Perhaps, with a more mainstream message and messenger, you can succeed in reversing that ugly trend of rejection at the polls in the last couple of decades.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:53 am
Larry434 wrote:
You get another crack at selling the liberal ideology to the voters in 2008. Perhaps, with a more mainstream message and messenger, you can succeed in reversing that ugly trend of rejection at the polls in the last couple of decades.

Hey Larry, newsbreak: not everyone who voted against Bush is a liberal.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:58 am
Must be a terrible way to go through life...all that paranoia and hate.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:04 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Hey Larry, newsbreak: not everyone who voted against Bush is a liberal.

I know. But the Dem message is a liberal one. If they move that message toward the center, they have a chance of reversing the ugly trend of rejection of it at the polls, IMO.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:18 am
thanks for the condecension folks.... dripping with sincerity....and given the consideration it rates....
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:50 am
JustWonders wrote:
Must be a terrible way to go through life...all that paranoia and hate.

Not to mention it being terribly ironic. Our liberal hate and paranoia can't even begin the compare with the years Clinton was President. How quickly we forget.

The difference being of course that we are paranoid about issues policies and war decisions and not people's sex lives.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:54 am
Revel - you are so funny Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:10 am
Isn't the Republican party fueled by paranoia?

The liberals are coming, the liberals are coming! They want to be nice to the terrorists! They want to change our way of life! They want to tax us to death and force us to accept homosexuality! Oh nooooooooo!!!
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:12 am
<< Laughs

<They still don't get it> Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:19 am
<<Laughs>> They're still snide.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:20 am
<crys> I have to live in the same country with them.....
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:21 am
OH, they will GET IT, Freeduck-
they just wont realize until then how much they don't want it.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:27 am
'paranoia' is defined as an 'irrational distrust of others'

'They want to be nice to the terrorists!' Maybe not nice...but certainly appease.

'They want to change our way of life!' In the sense that liberals want to do things like take 'God' out of the public arena....yes, they do.

'They want to tax us to death' ummmm...duh.

'force us to accept homosexuality' No one can ever force one to accept much of anything. However, liberal courts have looked to legitimize homosexuality when legislating no longer works.

Paranoia is not the word for opposing the liberal agenda, IMO.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:34 am
Neither is it the word for opposing this administration -- especially given its record.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:55 am
I agree.

I don't think 'opposing' is necessarily a bad thing...but when one no longer CONSIDERS another's point of view, that becomes obstructing, and that is bad for the country.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:59 am
neue regel wrote:
I agree.

I don't think 'opposing' is necessarily a bad thing...but when one no longer CONSIDERS another's point of view, that becomes obstructing, and that is bad for the country.

I agree with that. Unfortunately, we seem to be seeing an opinion that only those who do not have the upper hand need to CONSIDER another's point of view. Likewise, when one consistently uses bait-n-switch tactics and strong arming to ram their agenda through, that is also bad for the country. It also poisons the water and makes it hard for opposers to find middle ground.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:01 am
Damn straight.
0 Replies