Number One On My Wish List

DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 04:32 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
That is neither JW's nor my fault. No worries, I would never classify you or the Bear with that annoying little flame-baiter that keeps yipping. :wink:

My, my.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 05:34 pm
Bill, maybe you could also take a step back. I saw the beginning of the thread as a rather introspective and honest and somewhat humorous give and take, but apparently the wound salters couldn't resist an easy mark. Bashing the administration is not the same as bashing its followers, and there was nothing in this thread, that I can remember ( I confess to skipping posts from known bs-ers) that would have had anything to do with your or JWs, 'they don't get it'.

I may be over sensitive and there may be double standards, but better to point them out when you see them rather than throw vague generalized insults out there for everyone to catch.

Ok, I'm done lecturing you now. Thanks for playing, Bill. :wink:
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 05:44 pm
Freeduck -

I was replying to Bear's opening statement in this thread. I do feel it must be a terrible thing to live with those burdens. I've said on other threads that I can understand the depression the Kerry supporters are going through, so didn't feel I needed to preface my remark.

When I said I was laughing and "you still don't get it", I was responding directly to YOUR comment:

Quote:
Isn't the Republican party fueled by paranoia?

The liberals are coming, the liberals are coming! They want to be nice to the terrorists! They want to change our way of life! They want to tax us to death and force us to accept homosexuality! Oh nooooooooo.

I responded that way because if you honestly believe what you wrote, you really don't get it. Neither I nor anyone I know voted for Bush for any of the reasons you listed, and neither, I suspect did the majority of his supporters. If your party persists in thinking we did, then my statement is an honest one. (I don't really think you believe what you said, but were intending nothing more than sarcasm).

I wasn't sniping at anyone, but I did laugh Smile
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 05:44 pm
Thanks for having me. :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 06:05 pm
JW, something to keep in mind is that I personally don't have a party so any reference to my party, as far as I know, is a reference to a pleasantly alcoholic get together at my place.

But alright, JW and Bill, you win. I'll chock this one up to misinterpretation and over-sensitivity.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 06:16 pm
What time's the party? Can I bring anything Smile Smile

<I love a good party>
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:37 am
You bring the Thunderbird, I've got plenty of Ripple. :smile:
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:44 am
LOL!!! My kinda party Smile

<Lotsa loud music, too, LOL>
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:06 am
I'll bring the "Tickle Pink".http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_303.gif
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:54 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Bashing the administration is not the same as bashing its followers

But to those who voted for that administration, a slap on it's face resonates to all who admire it so.
Sadly, it stifles constructive and open dialogue.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:30 am
OBill my opinion of bush cannot be reduced or minimized by the fact that choose to call it merely hatefullness.....I believe bush to be everything I say about him....and so do a GREAT DEAL of Americans.......so please don't try , as JW does in her post (and you know damn well that's the point) to discredit the opinion.....it doesn't work, except in your own clique here on A2K.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:32 am
JustWonders wrote:
Freeduck -

I was replying to Bear's opening statement in this thread. I do feel it must be a terrible thing to live with those burdens. I've said on other threads that I can understand the depression the Kerry supporters are going through, so didn't feel I needed to preface my remark.

When I said I was laughing and "you still don't get it", I was responding directly to YOUR comment:

Quote:
Isn't the Republican party fueled by paranoia?

The liberals are coming, the liberals are coming! They want to be nice to the terrorists! They want to change our way of life! They want to tax us to death and force us to accept homosexuality! Oh nooooooooo.

I responded that way because if you honestly believe what you wrote, you really don't get it. Neither I nor anyone I know voted for Bush for any of the reasons you listed, and neither, I suspect did the majority of his supporters. If your party persists in thinking we did, then my statement is an honest one. (I don't really think you believe what you said, but were intending nothing more than sarcasm).

I wasn't sniping at anyone, but I did laugh Smile

JW I am neither hateful or paranoid......and all your inferences will not make it so...but keep trying.....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:38 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
JW I am neither hateful or paranoid......and all your inferences will not make it so...but keep trying.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's a riot!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:45 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OBill my opinion of bush cannot be reduced or minimized by the fact that choose to call it merely hatefullness.....I believe bush to be everything I say about him....and so do a GREAT DEAL of Americans.......so please don't try , as JW does in her post (and you know damn well that's the point) to discredit the opinion.....it doesn't work, except in your own clique here on A2K.....
Come on Bear... All I did was quote you. I know you're not really paranoid and I also know your hatred is real... but if I didn't; that opening statement appears to be written with hate AND paranoia. You can't complain when someone accuses you of professing hate when what you are really doing is, well, professing hate. Then to say that you can't help it does sound paranoid. Substitute McG for you and Clinton for Bush, just for comparison's sake, and I think you'll see what I mean.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:47 am
Speak of the devil and the devil appears. Shocked
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:07 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Come on Bear... All I did was quote you. I know you're not really paranoid and I also know your hatred is real... but if I didn't; that opening statement appears to be written with hate AND paranoia. You can't complain when someone accuses you of professing hate when what you are really doing is, well, professing hate. Then to say that you can't help it does sound paranoid. Substitute McG for you and Clinton for Bush, just for comparison's sake, and I think you'll see what I mean.

HEY! which Clinton? Confused
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:21 pm
Laughing It doesn't matter... the operative words were comparison's sake. :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:22 pm
By the way, they're both on MSNBC right now with both Bush's and Carter.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:23 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I don't hate bush...I don't know him...I hate what he stands for and I hate what he's doing to my country.......I'm not paranoid...make no mistake...I'm ready to die today...and would rather than live in the conditions I truly believe are coming......my feelings come from love...love of my country and the ideals I believe it is supposed to be run on....and I am frustrated and angry about what's being done to it.....try to differentiate.......and unlike anyone you might care to compare me to...I mean what I say and don't just talk for the sake of striking a posture.....I have no unresolved feelings of inferiority because of unrealized goals or desires that my masculinity is tied up in.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:24 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's a riot!

so for the record you think I'm hateful and paranoid...or are you just trying to pick a fight? Show some hair and say what you mean please......
0 Replies