SUV'S suck?

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:02 pm
As I was on my way to work this morning scooting along in the carpool lane, (in my small nissan) I noticed a funny sight. I passed a 1980 something Buick, smoking like it was on fire with an SUV'S suck sticker on the back glass. If the sticker had been on the bumper it would of been invisible from the cloud behind it. I also passed a Volvo (early 90's) with a oil smell problem with a SUV's are gross polluters sticker. Now I am sure that the first might of been a joke, but I'm not sure from the serious look on the drivers face. My new sticker will say get a clue!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,150 • Replies: 133
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:03 pm
I guess that's ironic. But I still agree with those stickers...
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:05 pm
I do too, but I think that Mini vans are just as bad! We need to get these old junks off the street first they are the real problem.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:09 pm
It has been my experience that most people that dislike SUV's are simply mad they cannot afford one.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:13 pm
Pfff.

SuV's are not only dangerous to the people driving, they pollute heavily, and also damage the roads considerably; most American streets simply weren't designed to have heavy trucks driving down them all day long....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:18 pm
Also, a big problem with SUV's are that many people do not know how to drive them. Many people drive them like it is a car. They handle very differently and many SUV drivers are not aware of that.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:22 pm
Good thing John Kerry doesn't own one.

Himself, personally, I mean. Not his family.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:29 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It has been my experience that most people that dislike SUV's are simply mad they cannot afford one.

Maybe you need to talk to more people, McG. Not to mention the fact that there are other kinds of expensive vehicle on the market. Some choose those...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:29 pm
woiyo wrote:
Also, a big problem with SUV's are that many people do not know how to drive them. Many people drive them like it is a car. They handle very differently and many SUV drivers are not aware of that.

The same people can't drive Honda civics either. It doesn't matter what kind of vehicle they get.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:30 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Good thing John Kerry doesn't own one.

Himself, personally, I mean. Not his family.

Laughing Both cars had Kerry/Edwards stickers too.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:32 pm
McGentrix wrote:
woiyo wrote:

The same people can't drive Honda civics either. It doesn't matter what kind of vehicle they get.

My saying here "show me a car in Atlanta without a dent in the door, and I'll show you a car that was just stolen from the suburbs."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:35 pm
Why am I not surprised at the group who could care less about the environment.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:36 pm
Let's see my SUV is a Honda CR-V, it gets 25-30 MPG and handles almost las well as any car can. What am I missing? Ignorant uninformed people who curse all SUVs and drivers take note.

Now, how about those big RAM Dodge (and other) luxury truck drivers which almsot to a model get poor gas mileage and dominate the roads?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:42 pm
The CR-V, being one of the smallest and most efficient SUVs, is a model for how an SUV should be.

People don't think of CRV when they think SUV, though, they think of Lincoln Navigators, Ford Explorers, Chevy Suburbans. The land-monsters.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:47 pm
McGentrix wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Laughing You may be right, but as a Jeep owner, I find that it needs to be driven almost like a "cab-over" truck...easing into turns, no quick actions., etc...

SUV's are somewhat top heavy and flip rather easily, as I have noticed.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:51 pm
woiyo wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Laughing You may be right, but as a Jeep owner, I find that it needs to be driven almost like a "cab-over" truck...easing into turns, no quick actions., etc...

SUV's are somewhat top heavy and flip rather easily, as I have noticed.

And when you add Firestone tires into the mix..... :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:52 pm
I've had a Ford Explorer since '98. It is the roll over king. Never even been close to rolling it despite having done 3 360's on icy roads and going off the highway backwards due to a jeep (!) suddenly deciding to stop in front of me.

Safe drivers can and will drive what they want.

Others should be forced on public transportation!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:53 pm
Quote:
Others should be forced on public transportation!

Some of us ONLY use public transportation...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:56 pm
I love some of the "expertise" being shared here. Let's see, there are no unsafe vehicles, only unsafe drivers.

I wonder why the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration bothers with those vehicle ratings? Clearly, they're meaningless...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:59 pm
Because of the many unsafe drivers, duh!
0 Replies