Am I a social failure?

Sat 13 May, 2017 02:53 pm
I have friends, I go out sometimes, I am friendly but when it comes to guys I become shy and very anxious. I noticed that the club thing isnt working for me. A few days ago, I noticed a cute guy sitting on a bench in front of my school. Today I saw him again. First time, he was studying and second time he was just smoking. How should I aproach him without being weird? Please, dont answer me with „go to him and just say hi” I am not from USA, I live in Spain. Here people are open but not that much. Also I supsect, he is a foreigner.

MontereyJack

Sat 13 May, 2017 08:20 pm

well, you could say in some mix of English and Spabish. "Hi, I've seen you around, and you look like you're from somewhere else. I'd like to practice my English on you. I've always wanted to travel".
PUNKEY

Sun 14 May, 2017 05:55 am
@Delilah333,
Don't tell you to go up to him and say Hi?

Then what ELSE do you expect us to suggest? You've got to TALK to him.

Be a big girl and go up to him and say, "Hi, can you tell me where the XYZ building is? My name is XXXX and I'm new to this area."

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 May, 2017 10:01 am
@Delilah333,
Remember three things.

The British comedian Robbie Coltrane''s maxim "Nobody else knows what they're doing either"

A lot of guys are not particularly good at picking up girls. They always dither about making the first move and would really welcome .someone like you who might do it for them. You might hit a jerk but on the other hand you could hit a great guy who's just a little too shy or nervous.

Smile at him whenever you walk by. A good smile is a fine emboldener.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Callonme

Tue 16 May, 2017 07:03 pm
@Delilah333,
Bottom line is your fear is just about rejection! Rejection and success are about odds !! You have to be rejected at times however when u hit that time your not then you have an opportunity for success ! You must take that step and risk it . How you approach is first let him see you make eye contact watch his body language and don't stare just glance at him and smile. This simple step will open a door to possible conversation or even just that simple hello to get it going. I hope this helps and feel free to holler at me if I can help further.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Mon 28 Aug, 2017 02:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
well, you could say in some mix of English and Spabish

I speak fluent Spablish.
emmett grogan

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:11 am
@emmett grogan,
Fluent Spablish, sez I. Spanglish is for linguistic fence sitters.
emmett grogan

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:14 am
@emmett grogan,
This was a reply to nurse who has since removed his/her post, though I don't know why.
0 Replies